Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2011, 11:30   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid based on VW Vento begins production. Launch on 16th November, 2011

Does the Rapid NOT have rear sensors? The pic does not show any sensors there.

Also, the steering isnt as meaty as, say Octi or Laura. Feels a lil thin to hold.
Old 10th November 2011, 11:35   #527
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid based on VW Vento begins production. Launch on 16th November, 2011

Looks good. And from what we can see (considering it will be ), well priced too. Only bad parts for me are missing steering mounted controls and the 3rd passenger leg space.

The biggest fly in the ointment is Skoda's A.S.S. Hope they give a good 2-3 year maintenance package with the car.
Old 13th November 2011, 13:55   #528
BHPian

After taking a look at Vento and going by the reviews/pics posted online, I am tilted towards Rapid.

Booked Rapid Elegance couple of days back, delivery expected in 1st to 2nd week in December. BTW this is sixth booking with the dealer (Including Delhi & Gurgaon).

Looking forward to the launch now to see the car in flesh
Old 14th November 2011, 17:03   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Old 15th November 2011, 17:13   #530
e46
BHPian

One day to go and the thread is dead silent!!

@ravenavi: Did you miss something in your last post? I just find blank space in it.
Old 15th November 2011, 17:31   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
One day to go and the thread is dead silent!!

@ravenavi: Did you miss something in your last post? I just find blank space in it.
Well, I am impatience personified already having booked a Rapid. Had a chat with a Skoda sales guy in chennai yesterday who had headed north for a training on this new car and was back. News from him is that the Rapid looks closer to a Laura than a Fabia. He has seen the car produced and stocked in Red, Silver, Black and Biege (No white as yet). They are expecting 13 cars to land in chennai tomorrow. Yes, Just 13 to start off and 40 more in the pipeline. He spoke about Chrome Sash moulding around the windows and chrome door handles in the Top end varient. Not sure if I saw that in any of the reviews. His verdict is that the car looks best in Black.
Old 15th November 2011, 17:43   #532
BHPian

If it's Diesel variant is priced Sub-8 lac Rs, then i'll be switching my booking from MS Swift ZDi to Skoda Rapid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post
News from him is that the Rapid looks closer to a Laura than a Fabia.
Well said.
Even I haven't got much of a hint of its resemblance with New Fabia, though it shares almost every front bit with the latter.
But the Overall stance is much better & balanced.
Same is the case with VW Vento also, though its based on Polo, but even from Front & Front-Side section, it looks like a Scaled down New Jetta.

Another Hi-5 of Skoda over VW is the availability of 2 free Services & Skoda Shield on Skoda range of cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post
He spoke about Chrome Sash moulding around the windows and chrome door handles in the Top end varient. Not sure if I saw that in any of the reviews. His verdict is that the car looks best in Black.
I've also heard of it, by some Media reviews.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 10:11   #533
Team-BHP Support

Thread closed.

Team-BHP's Skoda Rapid review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

Last edited by GTO : 16th November 2011 at 15:42. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks