Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2010, 21:59   #331
Senior - BHPian

Sham or not,i must say the Vento gives us the luxury of choice in the sedan market.The city has been the de-facto option for a vast majority now.The vento comes the closest in providing us good all-round car.Another thing i think is riding in favour of the vento is the VW badge which has the potential to be as coveted as a honda.It has the "premium image to it"
Strengths
1.Good looks, well integration of the "hatchback-boot sedan"
2.Long list of equipment(albeit only in highline)
3.Brilliant build quality
4.Powerful engines and also availability of diesel engine.
5.Premium image due to the "german" car,VW batch which is still a novelty.
6.From the polo,expect a good gearbox,great high speed stability.

weaknesses
1.Almost as expensive as the City
2.No AT in diesel,IMO this would have really sold well.
3.Have to improve dealer network.
4.Looks might be bland to some both exteriors and interiors.
5.The absence of a COMFORTLINE variant priced between the TL and HL.
6.AT almost expensive by a lakh.
Old 14th August 2010, 22:19   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Seems that they are booking everywhere except Mumbai
In fact when I called up VW Downtown today, they said the car will come to the showroom only next month!!
Old 14th August 2010, 22:31   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uditmohanty View Post
With all the comparisions and hypes on VW-V with other C segment cars like ANHC, Verna, Linea, Fiesta, Altis, Optra, Cedia etc, I must admit Vento is attracting a lot of attention. I was hunting for a car for 10 lac and was not willing to go for Hyundai, Maruti or Fiat only because their image is not in line with a C or C+ segment owners expectation.

I was not very perticular on the "DEAD PEDAL" OR "USB/AUX" in the Car. Since I was not keen on ANHC due to various reasons, I was zeroing on Vento ignoring these small things. VW-Vento caught my attention at the initial press release and I was expecting this price after factoring the improvements over POLO. Its pricing and look (both interior and exterior) also appealed me. It was a decision taken almost in favor of VENTO.

Now comes the experience. The vento dealers in New Delhi probably taking all the enquiries as sure-shot sale and probably busy in day-dreaming. Even the interaction of the executives at the showrooms are pathetic to be precise. I felt pity of me after speaking with a lady over phone in Bhasin Moters,south extension. When I visited the showroom, they have no information on the car. I could not speak with the numbers given in the web site (no one picks). There are different reports on the booking and booking amount. Hell lot of confusion and no consistency. I remembered what happened to Palio a few years back, after the initial hype. Volkswagen is on the Skoda way for sure..............

Honda has much better service standards and all the hype about Vento will have no bearing if A-S-S is not assured. VW has not yet proven itself in India. Even the hot selling POLO is a new kid.

I am slowly changing my mind in favor of ANHC again..... any views?
I have booked the Vento Diesel and I am eagerly waiting for the test drive. A few weeks back, I test drove the ANHC. I like it a lot but for two things, the ground clearance and the handling. After completing the TD and entering the showroom there was a small hump which I think went over it quickly and I think I heard a scrapping noise. The TD was on an empty stretch of road and I managed to reach maybe 70-80kmph. While negotiating a bend on the road I approached it the way I would have done with my Getz and for a moment I felt concerned that the car was not behaving as I expected it to. I think with my little knowledge put it down as understeer. Apart from these two it is a worthy car. I have my heart set on Vento as it is relatively new(ANHC belonging to 2008) and I always wanted to own a VW.
Old 14th August 2010, 22:33   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Isn't this engine a completely new one? The older one is getting retired I thought. Can somebody clarify?
Nope,sadly its the older engine 1.6 petrol whereas the Diesel gets the new engines.
Old 14th August 2010, 22:34   #335
Senior - BHPian

Its really been a nightmare for me after I gave my mobile number to VW Delhi west. Every day at least one or two calls "sir, when will you book the car...if you book now, we will deliver it by end September" makes me sick.
Worse, some salespeople speak in a pretty rude tone with attitude despite my telling them today that I took delivery of my jazz X so that they wont call me again..
Old 14th August 2010, 22:46   #336
Senior - BHPian

I went through several of these 23 pages of posts (over 320 posts i think)

except for the first post from GTO stating 6.99L i did found most other posts either just expressing excitment or just speculative in nature.

my suggetion is to wait for the official TD report from GTO

else the thread will be just speculative..

i did not wanted to post and increase the post count, but could not resist at the end.
Old 14th August 2010, 23:43   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
my suggetion is to wait for the official TD report from GTO

else the thread will be just speculative..
He did advise us to be patient, didn't he! Agree it's speculation, but buying a car is a much more emotional than practical decision for a lot of people, self included. As in many other things like travel, the planning itself is often more fun than the actual deed. So forgive us our trespasses
Old 14th August 2010, 23:53   #338
BHPian

I booked the AT version of Vento the other day. I'm eagerly waiting for GTO's review and also will TD the car before going ahead.

I already Test drove the City. Vento has to really impress me to tilt the balance in its favor.
Old 15th August 2010, 01:29   #339
Senior - BHPian

2 quick questions -
1> what is the boot space?
2> How big is the transmission hump in the rear? It is huge in the Polo.

Note from Mod : GTO's test report has been uploaded here. Please continue the discussion over on that thread.

Last edited by bblost : 20th October 2011 at 13:54. Reason: Adding thread closure note. Edit: fixed the link. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks