Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 13:52   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
Vento Prices announced officially as per Carwale.com. Onroad prices for the highline Diesel's about 10,83,000. Pricey?

Source Carwale.com
Exactly. I dont think Vento has anything extra ordinary other than VW (Which is luxury brand in India.. huh). Probably City gonna take the hit badly, rest of the competitors are already on lower side. As VW carries brand image, they can pull the crowd from Honda for sure. Pricing is ok but seriously its not extra ordinary for sure.

PS: My personal opinion
Old 13th August 2010, 14:06   #272
Senior - BHPian

People might wait a while. I dont think people are that comfortable with VW in this class as they are towards Honda.
Diesel is a bit pricey. One might really need to justify the diesel fuel advantage vs their needs.
In petrol, FE and refinement wise, it would be difficult to match City. But then the price is a clincher. Honda should plan to add features urgently and match price to features.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:09   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Exactly. I dont think Vento has anything extra ordinary other than VW (Which is luxury brand in India.. huh). Probably City gonna take the hit badly, rest of the competitors are already on lower side. As VW carries brand image, they can pull the crowd from Honda for sure. Pricing is ok but seriously its not extra ordinary for sure.
Be that as it may, I think VW is targeting the Highline more at enthusiasts rather than at the masses. Come to think of it. It's a great package that gives you German drive dynamics, high-speed stability and sturdy build quality. Plus great FE to boot.

All good things come at a price, don't they?
Old 13th August 2010, 14:15   #274
BHPian

Bookings are open in Hyd (orion motors) against payment of 1L. Not sure if it's negotiable to 50/75K. Haven't discussed, but I guess it's refundable.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:51   #275
BHPian

My personal opinion is that Vento will not affect ANHC sales too much as many people expect.There is nothing exciting about price of the baseline Vento(Petrol).It dosen't have enough safety features.Vento might not be as spacious as ANHC.

People who want a midsize sedan with diesel advantage will not consider ANHC.I think the diesel sedans will be affected more with the Vento launch.Dzire may not be affected.Vento could affect the sales of Fiesta(diesel) and Verna Crdi.Sales of Linea will not be affected much by Vento.

Vento might pull some prospective customers of Corolla diesel who are not satisfied with the Toyota's diesel engine.Etios Sedan if priced properly will be a serious challenge to Vento.

Last edited by Mevtec : 13th August 2010 at 14:52.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:53   #276
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
Bookings are open in Hyd (orion motors) against payment of 1L. Not sure if it's negotiable to 50/75K. Haven't discussed, but I guess it's refundable.
Is this not open fleecing the customer? Taking a booking amount of 1l?? Wonder how much they will earn by keeping that much from 1000's over 2 months? Never heard of this, even with figo it was just 5K or 10K and not a period of 2 months. Is there no guideline on what is a booking amount or any dealer can ask whatever?
Old 13th August 2010, 14:58   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Etios Sedan if priced properly will be a serious challenge to Vento.
I wonder if you have some serious inside information about the Etios that made you say this?

Based on spottings of the test mules (including pics posted on this forum), it doesn't appear that the Etios will be anywhere near the Vento in terms of exterior or interior (space, fit & finish).

Or are you saying this simply because "Its a Toyota"?
Old 13th August 2010, 15:05   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I wonder if you have some serious inside information about the Etios that made you say this?

Based on spottings of the test mules (including pics posted on this forum), it doesn't appear that the Etios will be anywhere near the Vento in terms of exterior or interior (space, fit & finish).

Or are you saying this simply because "Its a Toyota"?
How can anyone compare the Etios to the Vento?
Old 13th August 2010, 15:09   #279
BHPian

I just went through the feature set of the Vento. I'm impressed!

Probably a little pricey, but it has a boat load of features to back it up. Haven't driven it so can't comment on how it compares with the City. It has the potential to compete and do pretty well against the City.

Build quality, features, etc. are all fine. The A.S.S. is what will determine if people will be still flocking to the showrooms a year or two from now. (I'm sure they would have learnt from their cousins who made a mess of the Skoda brand.)
Old 13th August 2010, 15:29   #280
Senior - BHPian

Well I have not driven any of the competition here in India - but have driven the following in US (which is pretty close):

Ford Focus
Hyundai Accent (verna here in India)
VW Jetta
Honda Civic

Believe me - when I drove the Jetta, first time it felt that I am driving a proper car, and other cars simply felt like toys. Only the Ford came close to the VW. Such is the build quality and handling of VW Jetta. I believe Vento/Polo should be in the same league, and I shall try very hard to get atleast a VW as my/dad's next car.

Last edited by blackasta : 13th August 2010 at 15:45.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:33   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
These people - Orion Motors - do not appear to be honest and straight-forward in their dealings. This was one of the main reasons for me not buying the Polo. Also, they are making some accessories as mandatory and charging a huge amount for those! And their handling charges are 12.5K for Polo..do not know what is being charge by the other dealers! So, to all the TBHP hyderabadi's be careful while dealing with them!
Old 13th August 2010, 15:34   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My personal opinion is that Vento will not affect ANHC sales too much as many people expect.There is nothing exciting about price of the baseline Vento(Petrol).It dosen't have enough safety features.Vento might not be as spacious as ANHC.
What about the top line? That is 80k less than the ANHCs top end and comparable featured.

Quote:
Sales of Linea will not be affected much by Vento.
As a matter of fact it might! I would want to go for the Linea because of its USP...the handling.
If the Vento can offer something comparable, I would prefer it because of the better quality and reliability (?).

Why is it that all ANHC owners start getting defensive if anyone points out that an offering is better than the ANHC! We all buy our cars because they are the best for us. It doesn't matter what the world thinks, if your car stands up against what you expect of it.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:47   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My personal opinion is that Vento will not affect ANHC sales too much as many people expect.
Too early to predict. But if i were to guess heck yeah it will , im just saying it will eat a pie of ANHC's sales , though i think ANHC will still maintain the throne.

Quote:
There is nothing exciting about price of the baseline Vento(Petrol).It dosen't have enough safety features.Vento might not be as spacious as ANHC.
Its just a marketing gimmick with starting price shade below 7 lacs. Agree ABS and Airbags should have been standard in Base version. Its certainly more spacious than the Polo, but again too early to comment if its less/more spacious than ANHC.

Quote:
Vento could affect the sales of Fiesta(diesel) and Verna Crdi.Sales of Linea will not be affected much by Vento.
Vento could potentially dent sales of Linea , on paper it has better engine, better finish ( if reports are to go by) , better brand name. But it all depends on how VW manages the wait period and the A.S.S.

Quote:
Vento might pull some prospective customers of Corolla diesel who are not satisfied with the Toyota's diesel engine.Etios Sedan if priced properly will be a serious challenge to Vento.
FYI Etios Sedan will be priced between Dzire and Fiesta and i dont think it will compete directly with the Vento.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:56   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar View Post
Interesting to note that the website is not linked to the main page Welcome to Volkswagen India. or any other menus
Well done for finding it anyway, but... It is now!
Old 13th August 2010, 15:57   #285
Senior - BHPian

I think Vento will have the same impact in C segment what Cruze had in C+ segment. But I still miss the steering mounted audio controls! Did they forget about it? Almost all new cars comes with that feature. Hope they will atleast provide a remote control.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks