Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 19:21   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Escape is similar in size to Toyota's Fortuner, but Edge is bigger than both of them. The best vehicle for competing against RVR and Yeti would be the Ford Kuga.

Attachment 416204
Looks quite compact and will suit Indian market. Does this have a third row seat ?
Old 31st August 2010, 20:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Whatever Ford is planning its sure good for India.
I wish just like how they did for the Figo, they can better bring some re-touched phased out sedan model in India too. And sell it at a right price to make it a better VFM package like the Figo.
I would not mind if the model is phased out elsewhere or not all I prefer is paying for a good car.

Is anyone game for such a proposal.
Old 1st September 2010, 02:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Looks quite compact and will suit Indian market. Does this have a third row seat ?
Nope,Kuga doesn't have a 3rd row, it is a compact crossover based on the same platform as the Ford Focus and the 7-seater C-max.
Old 1st September 2010, 19:43   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Whatever Ford is planning its sure good for India.
I wish just like how they did for the Figo, they can better bring some re-touched phased out sedan model in India too. And sell it at a right price to make it a better VFM package like the Figo.
I would not mind if the model is phased out elsewhere or not all I prefer is paying for a good car.

Is anyone game for such a proposal.
For Ford's sake, I hope they don't do it. Keeping costs down is one part but doing this they run the risk of being branded a company with boring models. Some straight lines, I agree are timeless but they do need a few exciting models too to keep interest in Ford going.

Though you maybe right too. Fiat for all the oozing oomph of its models is faltering real bad. August 2010 figures for Fiat stand at 1800 odd units. That inspite of launching the Punto 90hp just a month back. I too decided against the Punto inspite of falling for its looks just because I thought with the package they were offering (unexciting drive, unfeel-good interiors, bad A.S.S.), they were NOT VFM.
Old 2nd September 2010, 01:45   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I don't agree to that.
Prime example - Toyota. Do they have any gets-your-pulse-racing designs in their portfolio? I think not. Corolla, Innova, Camry, soon to be launched Etios all feature clean timeless lines. Nothing over the top or 'exciting'. And yet its among if not the most respected brands in the country today.

Ford can very well repeat the Figo story with some of these upcoming models. And I hope they do, becasue that will benefit only one man - the customer!
Like GTO says, God bless competition!!
Old 2nd September 2010, 02:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

Chances are slim but I hope they get the Tauras in. Its one hell of a car.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India to launch 8 new cars by 2015!-img_0607.jpg  

Ford India to launch 8 new cars by 2015!-img_0611.jpg  

Ford India to launch 8 new cars by 2015!-img_0612.jpg  

Ford India to launch 8 new cars by 2015!-img_0614.jpg  

Ford India to launch 8 new cars by 2015!-img_0621.jpg  

Ford India to launch 8 new cars by 2015!-img_0622.jpg  

Ford India to launch 8 new cars by 2015!-img_0639.jpg  

Ford India to launch 8 new cars by 2015!-img_0640.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2010, 02:45   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ why not?
The Accord and this are quite close in US in terms of price. If Ford can localize the spares and does not plan to bring it as a CBU, it can be a worthy competitor for the Accord, even Camry?
If wishes were horses!

Anyways, I just loooovee the speedo font! Uber cool!!

EDIT:
Is that you sitting in the back and clicking pictures? You did not try to get to the wheel??
Just Curious.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 2nd September 2010 at 02:48.
Old 2nd September 2010, 02:50   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

All this dwelling on the big stuff is all very well, but I'm going to cry out once again ...for the Ka!

Could be a city-small-car triumph!
Old 2nd September 2010, 03:18   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Isn't it a 2-door? Is it sold anywhere in a 4-door avatar?
Indians are very peculiar at reasoning.
Imagine Ka Vs Alto, Sales rep saying, "Saar, for lessar money you get 'more' car, 2 extra doors!"
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
^^ I don't agree to that.
Prime example - Toyota. Do they have any gets-your-pulse-racing designs in their portfolio? I think not. Corolla, Innova, Camry, soon to be launched Etios all feature clean timeless lines. Nothing over the top or 'exciting'. And yet its among if not the most respected brands in the country today.
There's a difference between Figo & Toyota's models. Figo is plain boring while Toyota's models are not exciting. However, Camry, Innova & Corolla Altis are very-very contemporary and interesting in their own way. Moreover, when Corolla got boring, Toyota updated its looks to create the Altis. And today, in most markets, Corolla has given way to the Altis. It's probably only in India that Toyota still sells the Corolla.

All said, I think Ford isn't going to bring dated models to India. The new Fiesta definitely is exciting.
Old 2nd September 2010, 17:25   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
Lets face it, our market doesn't seem to regard the 'design' part of a car at all! However, VFM is a deal breaker/maker.

When Ritz, Dzire were launched, they received a lot of flak for their designs and continue to do so even today. But have they bombed? Not really, coz they offer superb bang for your buck.

Thats all I want to stress. Our market will choose VFM over design given a choice between the two. But I certainly hope Ford doesn't give us that 'choice'. I hope they give us VFM AND exciting cars!!
Old 2nd September 2010, 20:43   #72
BANNED

I went to ford showroom Cochin yesterday for Figo en-query for a friend, they were telling that next ford vechicle will be ford focus sedan. That will be launching in next year.
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:20   #73
Team-BHP Support

I would have definitely preferred a compact cross-over in the 10-12L range. Would have made for a perfect urban vehicle.
But sadly there does not seem to be a market for such products in India.
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:32   #74
Team-BHP Support

Does any one have any insight on how the new Fiesta will turn out to be?

Any pictures or spy shots will be appreciated, when is the new Fiesta expected to come to Indian shores? any realistic guesstimate?
Thanks
Old 6th September 2010, 19:08   #75
BHPian

Fiesta based 4x4

Guys,

Found this article on Autoexpress

Fiesta 4x4 first pictures | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

My guess is that the new Fiesta platform will spawn atleast 4 cars - sedan,hatch,MPV (B-max), and this 4x4.

@Sheel, the new Fiesta sedan looks like

http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHI...48-300x189.jpg

It may or may not look like this since there is a China version as well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks