Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:16   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Do you have some evidence like, sales numbers etc to assess that the Mark II Grande is doing better? BTW selling 2 is a 100% increase over selling 1 but it's all relative...
You are right it is relative but MK2 is relatively better then MK1 . Atleast in Bangalore few Yellow board Grande are visible , earlier there were none.

One point last friday I saw a speeding Grande Taxi rammed in to an empty school on Sarjapur Road. Some of the portion of schoolbus was damaged and engine bay of Grande was totally destroyed. Even the battery was crushed .

There were absolutely no injuries to driver he appeared inebriated and was rouged up by crowd. Whole passenger cabin was intact so crumple zone worked as claimed. This kind of miraculous escape was unthinkable in old Sumo so Grande is lot safer then Sumo Victa at least for front impact.
Old 2nd November 2010, 15:22   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
@ Direct Injection, I agree at 1.92 tonnes (Kerb weight) it is not exactly light. But compare this with a 4WD Safari, it weighs more than 250 kgs less and that is despite being roomier, better equipped and having 3 rows of seats.
Where did you get the figure of 1.92 tonnes from? The reviews I've come across all mention 2+ tonne figures; that's why I had made the comment. Unfortunately, Aria's official e-brochure only mentions the gross vehicle weight figure which, at 2720 Kgs, again suggests a kerb weight exceeding 2 tonne.
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:31   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

@DI - shortbread has clarified that the 1.92 tonnes is the kerb weight. The figures you have seen would typically be laden / Gross weight. This categorization is often mixed-up, so pls do check the numbers & type again.
Old 2nd November 2010, 18:27   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@DI - shortbread has clarified that the 1.92 tonnes is the kerb weight. The figures you have seen would typically be laden / Gross weight. This categorization is often mixed-up, so pls do check the numbers & type again.
The GVW of fully loaded Safari 2.2 4X4 VX is 2780 KG while its kerb weight is 2170 KG meaning that its payload is 710 KG. The GVW of Aria is 2720 KG. Assuming the payload to be identical, its kerb weight would probably be 2010 KG rather than 1920 KG. Looking at the GVWs, the weight saving is only 60 KG which to me is a bit of a disappointment.

Note: All figures have been taken from e-brochures diplayed at TM web site.
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:12   #365
BHPian

Tata Motors to change gear in SUV segment
Hey people, any news to collaborate the Feb 2011 timeline mentioned in the news item?
Old 11th November 2010, 10:25   #366
BHPian

When I bought my Safari, the sales team was stating that next refresh is only on Feb 2011. They could not comment whether its new platform or upgrade on existing one..

Also, one of the change that TML wanted feedback was removing the rear wheels. IMHO, Safari will loose its character if they do that.
Old 10th December 2010, 17:31   #367

Re: SCOOP Pics: Next Generation Tata Safari(Pg 8 for new pics)

Hey guys, got to see it again today on NH4. There could be a new safari coming in Feb 2011, but is certainly not this one. This is the face lifted safari having some added goddies. Could not resist to peep in while it was parked. Tail gate has been removed & fitted with a dummy cover. Features I believe must be similar to those of Aria's. Could see a blue lcd screen on the driver console with a big tata logo, seems to be dashbuilt navigator. Some kind of cushioning was fitted at the lower end of the bonnet. Which is probably giving it a squarish look. But atleast exteriors are absolutely same.
Old 10th December 2010, 18:36   #368
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarJ View Post
Hey guys, got to see it again today on NH4. There could be a new safari coming in Feb 2011, but is certainly not this one. This is the face lifted safari having some added goddies. Could not resist to peep in while it was parked. Tail gate has been removed & fitted with a dummy cover. Features I believe must be similar to those of Aria's. Could see a blue lcd screen on the driver console with a big tata logo, seems to be dashbuilt navigator. Some kind of cushioning was fitted at the lower end of the bonnet. Which is probably giving it a squarish look. But atleast exteriors are absolutely same.
KedarJ, any photos buddy? If all the goodies come in the new Safari, then it would be really attractive even with the same exteriors.
Old 10th December 2010, 18:55   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarJ View Post
But atleast exteriors are absolutely same.
This is good news. I am hoping they don't mess with the exteriors. The interior needs to be updated.

Last edited by Amartya : 11th December 2010 at 08:29. Reason: Corrected the quoted post
Old 29th December 2010, 14:00   #370
BANNED

I always liked the tata safari. But, only from the outside. I just could not digest the interiors. I hope tata does some justice to the new safari. The interiors of Aria have totally blown me away. I hope the interiors of the new safari are as good as the aria.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:31   #371
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2011 at 14:01.
KALINGA is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:32   #372
BHPian

Just returned from my trip to Goa, was driving Goa-Mumbai highway 1st Jan. Saw a car wider grill, covered matt black finish doing a test drive. It wasnt tall as the current Safari; drove right in front of me - there wasnt enough time to click a snap....
Old 8th January 2011, 14:35   #373
BHPian

Saw this land rover in bangalore in T.C number plate.
Old 8th January 2011, 21:53   #374
BHPian

^^^^ The glass b/w the C & D pillar seems like a add-on. According to me, it doesnt go with rest of the design. Rest other views are awesome and really welcome to get this in Indian roads through Safari

The rear glass style looks nice and few minor lines in different levels get this out of a simple box design [unlike Scorpio or Xylo].
Old 8th January 2011, 23:14   #375
Senior - BHPian

Land Rover will soon be getting rid of this platform and replacing the RR/RR Sport/Disco with an all new Aluminum chassis. The major weight saving will bring obvious benefits to both the cars performance and efficiency.

This also means the existing platform will be done away with. Although not the newest design it still sets a benchmark for most global SUVs and is easily leagues ahead of what Indian cos. are churning out now or in the near future. What I am trying to say is that it should form an excellent base for future Tata UVs. Two obvious drawbacks are weight and production costs and perhaps Tata's R&D dept. will have to chip in here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks