Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

These 16 different A* with the stickers will one day feature in the Weird modifications thread.. & it is from the company itself. I think Maruti Suzuki is repeating the same mistake that it did in case of Zen Classic.

unfortunately, this car is not in the same position as the Zen was at that time. I reckon these won't pull off. Maruti Suzuki should try reducing the price of the car to Alto K10 levels or somewhere in between the Alto K10 & new Wagon R.
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:33   #47
BHPian

If one ain't happy after buying an A-Star, MS acknowledges it and now provides solution to camouflage it
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Somebody please, please do me a favour... find out whose brain-child this was, and take him to a psychiatrist.
If deemed sane, to be handed over to you for forced root canal work. One for each of the designs.

Actually, if the idea was to create a buzz, Maruti seems to be succeeding. And bright yellow coloured cars are a tough act to follow.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:02   #49
BHPian

IMHO, The Stickers will suit more in Maruti Ritz because the design Ritz is more than contemporary Astar. I like the 4 th one,

Last edited by Antonian : 23rd September 2010 at 12:03.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:22   #50
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

A new Idea - I welcome it
I did like a few of the sticker Idea's.

For the right price would consider buying one them for my wife. It's a bit too small for me.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:37   #51
Team-BHP Support

I love number 4 and 6. Would love to have such a car, hopefully with a 200bhp engine, so that the show matches go.
Brings back memories of NFS where you could add vinyl to your car.
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonian View Post
IMHO, The Stickers will suit more in Maruti Ritz because the design Ritz is more than contemporary Astar. I like the 4 th one,
I totally agree with you.
BTW, the last sticker will look superb of A-Star than all other stickers.
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:19   #53
BHPian

Trust me many will buy the A Star for the body wrap. BHP stickers are the first i ever put on any of my cars in 25 years of owning one. I am proud to sport the BHP sticker-my wife thanks BHP because now i wipe/wash my car everyday.
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:42   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Yuks, what designs?

The concept is good but please Maruti you need a better designer. These designs do not gel well
Kailash, I accept that most of the stickers are not great ! But who cares! Even the ones which I like among these, i will get it done from aftermarket and save those extra bucks.

And this will set a trend and there will be more vendors who will provide these things now. Right now we have Autografix and Galio who bings these kinda designs. Some months down the line, we may find more brands into these; which will provide better options at better prices for the customers - And as GTO says, God bless competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
If one ain't happy after buying an A-Star, MS acknowledges it and now provides solution to camouflage it
@Párth - Good one !
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:43   #55
Senior - BHPian

What colour are they going to write in the RC book?
What can the owner do if a part of the sticker gets damaged (like, one door gets smashed in an accident)?
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:49   #56
BHPian

Maruti guys are at it again!

I dont remember having seen any new ad for this mishap yet - But I wonder how they are going to position it. Will this be a limited period offer or is it going into the MGA brochure?

Engg 1: So what can we do today to make the A-Star even worse?
Engg 2: Perhaps some horrible stickering?
Engg 1: You think that it will work?
Engg 2: Ofcourse! Dont you forget our success with Alto Spin the 800 with all the different stickers on 'em? Thats what we will do!

Limited period - Perhaps as an ex-Maruti owner, I can digest it.
MGA - Please God, not!
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

They are all downright yuck!! The 2nd pic is somewhat ok (I daresay best among the lot). The 1st one, well
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:12   #58
BHPian

If any one buys this car will it give a direct entry into the Wild & Wacky thread automatically. Will this be the 1st manufacturer's car make that will make it directly to the list?
Old 25th September 2010, 22:38   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats the proven way out to get noticed if you are'nt making any news! But will there be any takers? The A Star has been a lemon since day one on the sales front but will be celebrating its 2nd anniversary in December!
Old 26th September 2010, 11:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
First the 4 speed Automatic option (which is welcome), now the body wrap stickers (so unwelcome). Maruti continues to try bringing the customer's attention to the A-Star! I don't know what message they are trying to communicate here; for once, I am completely clueless!
VW after acquiring 20% stake in Suzuki wanted the to get into small car market. As Suzuki is supplying A* to Nissan from India, the contract with Nissan will end after Suzuki exports 60K A* cars. VW will not allow Suzuki to renew the contract here. After this A* need to be sold only in India where it doesn't have any runaway numbers.
4 speed Automatic in A* was to push up its numbers and nothing else. To recover the production set-up cost of A* Suzuki now plonked 1K cc engine to Alto and now the body wrap stickers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks