Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 16:00   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget.fr View Post
Can ANHC owners comment on the cabin insulation from tyre/road noise? The engine seemed super quiet, but I found the tyre noise to be way too much, which kind of negates the perceived refinement totally.
You exactly echoed my feelings!
I am not an owner but I felt load of road/tyre noise in the ANHC cabin during the TD last weekend. In fact, the Vento diesel (which was driven just before the ANHC TD) though having a much louder engine sounded much quieter from the back seat. ( I spent quite a while in back seat of both cars )We were thinking if it has got to do with the TD car being old or not. So, I am also looking forward to the answers from the owners
Old 6th October 2010, 17:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
You exactly echoed my feelings!
I am not an owner but I felt load of road/tyre noise in the ANHC cabin during the TD last weekend.
Does the City also come with Michelin tires like the Jazz?
Old 6th October 2010, 18:06   #48
BHPian

The City comes with Goodyear GT3 tires.
Old 6th October 2010, 18:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
The City comes with Goodyear GT3 tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Does the City also come with Michelin tires like the Jazz?
Michelin is also one of the OEM for ANHC, but there doesnt seem to be a major reduction in road noise by running them on the stock Michelin.
Old 6th October 2010, 19:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

You need to tell the sales rep and they note Michelin tyres. You get XM1 and not XM1+.

The NVH is great except for the AC fan that noise is a disappointment but better than the competition.

The best is you can hear your engine revving high a sound worth listening.

Other owners correct me on this, maybe I am getting it wrong. Can you guys listen the Vtec engaging? cause I can make out and then the rush in your system. Happy revving.
Old 6th October 2010, 21:26   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Other owners correct me on this, maybe I am getting it wrong. Can you guys listen the Vtec engaging? cause I can make out and then the rush in your system. Happy revving.
Yes there should be a distinct change in the engine note when vtec engages.
Old 6th October 2010, 22:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

^Thanks Akshay.
I thought I was hearing sound.
Old 6th October 2010, 23:51   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
You need to tell the sales rep and they note Michelin tyres. You get XM1 and not XM1+.

The NVH is great except for the AC fan that noise is a disappointment but better than the competition.
Sorry, didn't get you. Are you saying that there is no road/tyre noise with Michelins? In my experience Michelins are slightly noisy compared to a few others.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:00   #54
BHPian

In short, Just wanted to add that the new features are not really substantial save for leather seats. The chrome finisher on the boot actually looks rather ugly.

Last edited by designersf : 7th October 2010 at 10:03.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:04   #55
BANNED

I must say, ANHC looks classy with chrome sash molding. I guess the extra money is worth & well spent.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:10   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
^^How 15k's for a sash moulding reasonable by any stretch of imagination?
Completely agree - and how do these features make the car special? Maybe they should have put leather/classy fabric on hard door plastics and then asked for the price. Honda's pricing across product lines is way too much on high side and definitely not the best part of Honda's game plan in India.
Old 7th October 2010, 12:12   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, didn't get you. Are you saying that there is no road/tyre noise with Michelins? In my experience Michelins are slightly noisy compared to a few others.
I meant inside ANHC and using Michelin the tire noise is less (not completely drowned) compared to MRF/Goodyear. Cheers!
Old 7th October 2010, 13:48   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Can ANHC owners comment on the cabin insulation from tyre/road noise? The engine seemed super quiet, but I found the tyre noise to be way too much, which kind of negates the perceived refinement totally.
My car runs on Goodyear GT3. Yes, as the car picks up speed, tyre noise is heard inside cabin, with all windows rolled up. But, it's not too high to bother me. Engine noise also comes in once you press your right foot hard and I guess that may sound nice to many ears. Yes, noise insulation could have been better but it's not outright bad.
Some folks earlier had suggested underbody rubber coating to deaden the road noise to some extent. I have not got it done, so I can't commment.

-Pratim
Old 7th October 2010, 14:02   #59
BHPian

Hmm, this is one thing Iam not happy with ANHC, noise insulation should have been much better. I have been hearing it to be on lower side in case Michelin but never drove one to compare.

Engine, is silent only when it's idle else there is noise if heavy foot, but the roar is pleasant for ears.

Noise once AC is turned on is very loud and annoying too.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:06   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post

Engine, is silent only when it's idle else there is noise if heavy foot, but the roar is pleasant for ears.

I agree. But the roar is very different from other cars, especially compared to my previous car. Cant explain in words, the noise is more like a cross between a petrol engine and electric motor as you rev it up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks