Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 10:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Vento already have about 4K booking. It would fare much much better than Linea due to the VW image, which is definitely better than FIAT. Also if a pricey Polo can well, a much better value proposition Vento would be a hit.

Honda is still doing pretty good with 4K+ sales, largest in the segment. This could be a preemptive strike.
Old 30th September 2010, 10:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
@UKR, @pgsagar
You guys have got bkbkr1212's post wrong. What actually meant was superior Linea (including both Diesel & Petrol) does about 1/5th sales of ANHC. Based on history, Vento is likely to do the same. But as they say, history may not repeat itself.

Getting back, ANHC is consistently doing over 4Ks. I am very interested to see Oct sales and check the effect of this new version.
Thanks a google diabloo for helping me out on this.
What you mentioned above was what exactly I meant.

Please check out sales chart posted by GTO for last month. Honda clocks 4K+ units. Eagerly waiting for Sep sales report.

Regarding Fiat, yes 1.9 T-jet is coming. Ignore the sales chart. If you actually go through few threads in this forum people have lots of complaints about the machine itself viz. quite heavy for a C-segment sedan which adversely affects its power and pick up and there are lots of other complaints from users themselves of both Punto and Linea. (I can't locate the thread, otherwise I would have posted it here).

And I don't have anything against German machinery. On the contrary I love those mean machines. Germans are known for their perfection in anything to do with mechanical/automobile engineering sector.
In a way, they are the ones who started industrial revolution (2nd ?) during WWII , albeit for reasons which were cruel for the rest of the world.

Needless to say, all car aficionados know very well that best of the cars come from various European markets , be it Italy or Germany .Japanese also have created a market for themselves worldwide (be it Toyota, Honda or Suzuki)
Oh, when I finished typing the above I noticed one more very interesting thing.
Italy, Germany and Japan were part of Axis against Allies.
Italy, Germany are the leaders as far as cars and other motor vehicles go,(especially Germans) and Japan are the undoubted leaders in electronics.
1945-2010. See the growth of Germans and Japs. No need to elaborate on that
Does it mean one has to have devious intentions to be extremely innovative,imaginative, creative and productive. ?

Coming back to the topic,ff Vento, Linea T-Jet and SX4 hybrid (couldn't read GTO's post and replies to that fully) can give Honda a run for their money, I will be one of the most happiest among a lot of others. Indian customers have more choice.

To make this thing about Linea more clear, I always get the feeling Fiat wants and are happy with making money out of engine sales more than creating a market for their cars. Otherwise why would a company like Fiat wants to piggyback on Tata outlets?

Let's wait for Vento to come in full swing and read some readership reports and then we all can decide for ourselves which car is better off the lot.
We in forum do get updates about sales from our fantastic mods.

Warm regards,
Old 30th September 2010, 11:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Honda will offer a city limited edition this festive season. To be launched on october 6, it will come with added features.
  • leather upholstery
  • chrome garnish on decklid bottom
  • new dark purple/ wine colour
  • features in addition to standard "V" model.
More details will be updated shortly if it is available.
Wish they had added a CD player/changer instead of the above useless features. I thought the V variant had leather upholstery as standard.

Climate control and rear discs are something which the City might never get as even an option.
Old 30th September 2010, 14:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

The new mauve colour looks real classy. Its just a regular V model with
  • leather seats
  • leather steering wheel
  • leather gear knob
  • body coloured mud flaps.
  • Rs. 40,000 extra approx.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1158.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1159.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1160.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1161.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1163.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1164.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1165.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1166.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1167.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1168.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1169.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1171.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1172.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1173.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1174.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1175.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-photo1176.jpg  

Old 30th September 2010, 16:05   #20
BANNED

As far as I know, ANHC comes with USB & FM player. Isn't it? But if you are looking for CD player then I feel it would be a retrograde step. In my humble opinion, CD/DVD is dead. USB is better in storage capacity, size, ease of use, speed & portability. I am happy that ANHC is offering this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Wish they had added a CD player/changer instead of the above useless features.
Old 30th September 2010, 16:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
The new mauve colour looks real classy.
You are right sid.The colour looks classy.Few days back I saw a similar coloured car in Trivandrum.Its number was KL 1 AX 4*?.I spotted it in the night near Pettah TVM.I was surprised since I hadn't seen this colour for ANHC be.But I was excited to find the Team Bhp sticker on the rear bumper.

The colour is not mentioned in the website.

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-honda-city-_colours-jpeg.jpg
Old 30th September 2010, 16:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
The new mauve colour looks real classy. Its just a regular V model with
  • leather seats
  • leather steering wheel
  • leather gear knob
  • body coloured mud flaps.
  • Rs. 40,000 extra approx.
Some Good pics Sid, This 'new mauve color' looks like Signet Silver which was offered on City and Accord (previous gen - pre facelift versions of both)
Old 5th October 2010, 16:15   #23
BHPian

Here is the brochure of the "Limited Edition" Honda City:
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-scan0017.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-scan0018.jpg  

Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!-scan0019.jpg  

Old 5th October 2010, 16:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Jeez!

That Garnish is Cheap ! It really looks like the kind of stuff you get at your neighborhood car accessories store. Also i feel all that chrome on the car is killing the good looks of this car. I have never been a fan of the Chrome Door handles either ! Honda cmon, give us Automatic Climate Control.
Old 5th October 2010, 23:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
That Garnish is Cheap ! It really looks like the kind of stuff you get at your neighborhood car accessories store. Also i feel all that chrome on the car is killing the good looks of this car. I have never been a fan of the Chrome Door handles either ! Honda cmon, give us Automatic Climate Control.
Next Year (2011 OCT) You will see ANHC comes with ACC on V as default.

1st year (2008) They didn't even offered Alloy , They released S and E
2nd year (2009) They offered Alloy on V along with Chrome Handles & beige interiors
3rd Year (2010) They are offering leather Seats and body colored mudflap+some more chrome as special edition ( after the festive season leather seat will go rest all will be added to V)

4th year (2011) They will give ACC on V with all above mentioned chrome , S will get current V level beige interiors /seat material
5th Year (2012)They will add leather seats as default on V and Alloy default on S + some fake wood on Both V and S

This is what they did with NHC (except ACC), they are going to repeat the same.

by 2013 OCT they will discontinue ANHC and you will see all new new Honda city on road

Last edited by vvvinod : 5th October 2010 at 23:39.
Old 6th October 2010, 02:32   #26
BHPian

Somehow honda seems to be slipping. I wish they added more features like auto climate A/C, CD player, and some other goodies with no price increase. The price is already 11 lacs on-road Mumbai, another 40000 will push it by another 50k. Rs.11.50 lakhs for a honda city? Hell no; it's better to wait and buy the Etios sedan. Pity, Honda makes good cars with good engines.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Amartya : 6th October 2010 at 02:37. Reason: Dotty post
Old 6th October 2010, 07:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

While we were having the TD of the ANHC, I had 2 negative surprises -
  • No remote boot opening. You have to insert the key every time you want to open the boot from outside. This is something which is nowadays available even in the not-so-premium hatches.
  • No bottle holders in the rear doors. Again available in most hatches.

I already knew that ANHC is short on equipments (CD player,ACC etc) but never expected the above two. The more I see of ANHC, I feel people do buy it mainly because of the herd mentality and status symbol.

In spite of providing some of these basic features, Honda coming up with a limited edition with extra chrome and leather seats makes no sense. But, people will still buy it!

Last edited by adimicra : 6th October 2010 at 07:27.
Old 6th October 2010, 10:16   #28
BHPian

Ah I feel better after reading this thread! Saw the Limited Edition ad this morning and got the shock of my life (considering that I have a 1 month old VMT parked outside!).

For those who haven't seen it, here it is:
Mail Clippings - Photographs

For a moment, I was wondering if all these upgrades were being offered at the same cost as the regular VMT. But I'm guessing surely not! Anyone want to armtwist their sales rep who recently sold the regular VMT into getting these installed post delivery?
Old 6th October 2010, 11:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

@adimicra: Bro, go slow with the herd mentality stuff. Most buyers of ANHC do not mind the missing equipment or paying Rs X more than the competition with all the latest gadget. To each his own.

The general sentiment has always been Honda marketing dept is a dud, but they are more cryptic than the competition.

@monkey_wrench: Bro, I have a 3.5 months old VMT with 2.6k on odo, will I be counted in for the armtwisting action
Old 6th October 2010, 11:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

It has been launched at Rs 9.53 Lakhs Ex-Showroom for the V MT Exclusive Variant and Rs 10.25 Lakhs Ex-Showroom for the V AT Exclusive, all prices, Delhi.

47k's extra for basically leather seats, chrome garnish and body colored mud flaps!

Honda Launches City Exclusive Limited Edition - Features Price | Autoholiks

Last edited by extreme_torque : 6th October 2010 at 11:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks