Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2006, 14:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

Negatives About Your Car

Many owners had written about the positives of their car/cars. let's hear about the negatives of their cars from the owners. i have a-

Swift:

a.I was very much disappointed with the rattling noises
b.I had choosen black color. requires lots of maitenance and scratches are clearly visible
c.back seats are not foldable
Old 13th June 2006, 14:48   #77
BHPian

Nice thread surprise.
I have a ford Ikon 1.6, heres what it think the major drawbacks are:
1. REar visibility, that boot is too high
2. The brakes, just arent confidence inspiring.

otherwise i love driving the car!!!
suhail
Old 13th June 2006, 15:22   #78
Senior - BHPian

Accent CRDi

Pathetic stock tyres
Too much body roll
Steering wheel too skinny and large

Drifter
Old 13th June 2006, 17:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
b.I had choosen black color. requires lots of maitenance and scratches are clearly visible
Surprise,

Thats not a fault of the car
Old 13th June 2006, 18:11   #80
rks
BANNED

Santro ZipDrive (1 lit engine, 2000 model).

Dislikes are:

(1) Underpowered -- forced to switch off AC while climbing steep ghats, in order to get some performance. Not enough torque in 5th gear at speeds in excess of 100 kph -- top speed comes down even on mild upward slopes. When top speed comes down to about 110 kph or so on an upward slope, I sometimes shift to 4th gear and really whip the car to about 130 kph. But this is not good for the engine.

(2) Doesn't pull in 2nd gear with AC on at speeds below about 7 kph, and about 5 kph without AC. Irritating to have to switch to 1st gear while the vehicle is moving, sometimes quite awkward as the car revs up and jerks.

(3) Quite happy with the tough and durable stock Bridgestone S322 tyres, but still they make too much noise while cornering. Need to switch to alloys and tubeless for better performance and safety.

(4) Sometimes reverse gear is tough to engage and requires a couple of pumps on the clutch.

(5) The dummy pedal (foot-rest) to the left of the clutch can be quite irritating, as it sometimes interferes with proper depression of the clutch-- it is placed too close to the clutch, in my opinion. Takes some getting used to.

(6) The accelerator pedal seems to be awkwardly placed. I frequently find my right heel in line with the brake (after having used it) and have to reach out too far with my foot to hit the accelerator. Consequently, sometimes my foot gets entangled below the brake pedal in a sudden-brake situation. Have to consciously take care of this by moving the heel to be in line with the accelerator pedal while using it.

(7) AC is OK, but not too effective on a hot afternoon.

(8) Reverse view is bad. Need to use mirrors and often stick my head out of the window (both left and right).

(9) Edit: Ride is fairly rough on the back seat. Especially when I keep higher tyre pressures for highway drives.

Don't remember any more dislikes. Overall, I still love this car for its rugged, reliable and all-round performance both in city and highways.

Regards, rks

Last edited by rks : 13th June 2006 at 18:17.
Old 30th June 2006, 01:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

I think I missed this thread. Anyway, here is mine.

Car : Fiat Palio S10

1. Soft Brakes: This of course is a well known problem with Fiat's A178 platform cars.

2. Huge Turning Radius: Again a well documented problem. What I don't get is, why a Italian car maker has such a huge turning radius. I can understand this in a American car but the roads in Italy are even narrower then in India.
Old 30th June 2006, 10:34   #82
BHPian

Well...here goes...

Car - Hyundai Getz GLS

dislikes:-

Rear visibility - very bad. Not a good car to reverse into parking spots/tight places.

Rear view mirror - too small

car is sluggish in the 1st,2nd gears

for a car thats 83bhp, it hardly seems faster than my m800, except when u really give it the beans :-(
Old 1st December 2007, 20:56   #83
Team-BHP Support

WagonR VXi.

Dislikes-
  1. No rear power windows
  2. My right leg touches the power window switch on the door, which causes pain during long runs.
  3. Engine noise inside the cabin. Although the car is refined, there is a distinct engine whine heard. Which is audible with ac off.
  4. Build quality and interiors could have been better.
  5. Should have gone for the Swift. hehe. But, Not upgrading from WagonR to another small car soon. WagonR is good enough for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j View Post
for a car thats 83bhp, it hardly seems faster than my m800, except when u really give it the beans :-(
Old 1st December 2007, 21:59   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

I dislike that my Swift doesnt have the 1.6L VVT motor and that it is devoid of any built-in dash displays.
Old 2nd December 2007, 14:30   #85
BHPian

Cedia

Wow! so many things said but not even one about Cedia, well it's an amazing car for starters, but i hate on thing. It's got one touch control on in the downward direction and that too only for the drivers window, what a waste of time and effort . Atleast they could have made it one touch for both up and down directions for drivers windows, But i would love it if all the windows were one touch.

I want to know what other Cedia owners think about this problem.

Other than that nothing else, a solid car overall.
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:22   #86
Senior - BHPian

Well, Ajay, that one touch up control is sometimes dangerous, unless you really have the pinch-preventer switch perfectly working. In My Camry, I tried with my finger and it worked perfect. In Mazda-6, it almost cut off my finger, as it needed more resistance to activate. So, better to keep that 'up' manual....

And, now that you asked for it, Here is what I don't like in Cedia..!!!
1. The Horn switch is too small and improperly located. I can hear you saying use-it-sparingly.. but, in Chennai, man, everything moves with the honking... Even cattles knew what to do when you honk... So, Can't do without it.
So, practically, I am driving with right-hand on the horn and left hand on the wheel rim most of the times...
Horn switch needs replacement, to make it reachable without taking your hand off the wheel rim.
2. The Blaupunkt stereo. The FM tuner jumps in 0.2 Mhz and I can't tune in 106.4, as it goes from 106.3 to 106.5 Mhz... (What a strange design. Why it can't tune with 0.1 increments..??)
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:38   #87
BHPian

@Raj

Yes the horn i forgot, no idea why mitsubishi thinks it very amusing to keep the horn right in the middle of the steering, it feels as if we are in a truck or some bus or something of that sort. The other thing that i didn't like is the alloy it looks to plain, When it's called a sports car why don't they give us better looking alloys ?

About the Audio system no comments because i got a kenwood and i changed it.
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:56   #88
BHPian

The fact that even the front seat passenger can't stretch his legs in the Octavia !
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:05   #89
Senior - BHPian

@ MODS : I think someone has changed the thread title. It's not free flow but free "flaw" (pun intended). Hehe

Shan2nu
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:17   #90
BHPian

Oh Shan2nu ..I was also thinking what happen to you...some mismatch btw title and post..

Most Viewed