Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 23:15   #76

Re: Hyundai launches i20 with satellite navigation

Can the bluetooth module be installed in the older i20 Astas? and if its possible, will they change the entire steering wheel or just a part of it which can accommodate the extra switches.
Old 19th April 2011, 09:22   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsom View Post
Can the bluetooth module be installed in the older i20 Astas? and if its possible, will they change the entire steering wheel or just a part of it which can accommodate the extra switches.

That will be the biggest blunder you can make. Because the Hynudai people will charge a bomb for this. After all its just bluetooth. Instead get an after market bluetooth device.
Old 19th April 2011, 11:53   #78
BHPian

I asked Trident Hyundai for it, and was told the OEM kit cannot be fitted on old Asta or Magna models because of the number of electrical changes.

Perhaps its possible, but the dealers seem to be reluctant.
Old 19th April 2011, 12:49   #79
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The preference for light coloured "beige" interiors is a very "India/ South Asia/ Middle-East centric" thing I think. Most of the vehicles I ve seen outside of these places come with darker coloured/ black interiors with some exceptions.

[quote=Me-hul;2316384]Indian models come only with brown/beige interiors. But in ther markets I think they have black interiors.
Old 29th April 2011, 12:29   #80
BHPian

Is it possible to just buy all the spare parts seperately (like the steering buttons, etc.) and the head unit and then fit it outside or convince a hyundai dealer for the same. ?
How much does it cost and if any one has some part numbers that would be highly helpful..
Old 29th April 2011, 14:23   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Is it possible to just buy all the spare parts seperately (like the steering buttons, etc.) and the head unit and then fit it outside or convince a hyundai dealer for the same. ?
How much does it cost and if any one has some part numbers that would be highly helpful..
I am afraid, if you do that, your warranty may go void, because its not a standard fitting when you bought the car.

-Ravi
Old 29th April 2011, 22:06   #82
BHPian

Hey was checking out one of the car magazines. In the section, where car spec & rates are mentioned, came across 2 points:
1. i20 petrol sportz comes with ABS, as against driver side airbag in older models.
2. Diesel era starts at 6.03 lakhs in Bangalore.

Can someone confirm this?
Old 30th April 2011, 10:01   #83
Senior - BHPian

@deepraju. I dont think you can do this. I mean you may not find the steering buttons for sale.
@mehul. There can be a typo. So betther check with the dealer it self. Just call them up and ask them.
Old 30th April 2011, 12:36   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
Hey was checking out one of the car magazines. In the section, where car spec & rates are mentioned, came across 2 points:
1. i20 petrol sportz comes with ABS, as against driver side airbag in older models.
2. Diesel era starts at 6.03 lakhs in Bangalore.

Can someone confirm this?
The Airbags / ABS info is wrong. the Sportz variant comes with driver side airbags,

The Diesel era starts at 5.87 ex showroom banglore. Below are the 2 screen shots from the Hyundai Site to clear your doubts.
Hyundai launches i20 with satellite navigation-i201.jpg

Hyundai launches i20 with satellite navigation-i202.jpg
Old 1st May 2011, 11:08   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
@mehul. There can be a typo. So betther check with the dealer it self. Just call them up and ask them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
The Airbags / ABS info is wrong. the Sportz variant comes with driver side airbags,

The Diesel era starts at 5.87 ex showroom banglore. Below are the 2 screen shots from the Hyundai Site to clear your doubts.
Yup. Got it. Checked it after I had posted the query here.
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:21   #86
BHPian

The i-20 Asta 1.4 CRDI is on-road ex-mumbai for Rs.8,28,727/- and with the AVN kit the price goes up to Rs.8,88,000/-. That's a difference of Rs.59,273/-

I was trying to sum up what exactly is one paying this extra money for. After going through the whole thread i realised that other than purely the "Navigation" features, which obviously also include all the hotspot searche's like hotel's,etc.., there is nothing that you are getting additional. Yeah there is the video playing capability, however don't really think watching a movie even in HD quality on a 5inch screen in a moving car would be fun.

Talking about the bluetooth connectivity, reading from the previous post's, that is std in the Asta version anyway that too with the streering mounted controls for the same. Also reading from someone's post, one can stream music from the phone over bluetooth.

So if i have summarised it correct, its so not worth going for the Asta AVN version.

Last edited by diesel_headrock : 2nd June 2011 at 23:24. Reason: Spelling error!
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:01   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
The i-20 Asta 1.4 CRDI is on-road ex-mumbai for Rs.8,28,727/- .
The approx. price for the same in Bangalore is about 8.65 lacs, which is about ~37k more. I wonder why the road tax and other taxes are so much in Karnataka...

-Ravi
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:50   #88

You know what, I travel to Korea regularly and every car here has navigation. Yes, every car. It's nice to see Hyundai putting good features in their Indian models. too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks