Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 21:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

The existing Asto owners would feel cheated

In built navigation and touch screen!Way to go.

Guess this would start another features war in the premium segment!! Would be interesting to see Honda's reaction to this.
Old 10th November 2010, 21:59   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
wildon where are you?
Hey, today was busy and just now noticed this thread. Will try to get some info for the same.

Wow ! Thats a Checkmate move

Its the same unit which is showcased in the Brabus Hyundai i20 Sport thread. I hope Hyundai will provide the black color option as well for the early birds like us.

So whats next ?! inbuilt TPMS , ESP or DTE

Last edited by wildon : 10th November 2010 at 22:04.
Old 10th November 2010, 22:20   #18
BHPian

I happened to drop by a hyundai showroom last saturday and noticed an asta I20 with this new system sitting inside the showroom. The sales guy had no clue about how it worked and mentioned many times that they still have not received the manuals/training on the new system.

I got the keys of the car and turned on the system anyway. Since the car was not available for TD obviously could not judge the navigation part of it. But the touch screen interface is seriously cool, looks like a capacitive touch screen which is cool (for the uninitiated, capacitive is like the iPhone whereas resistive is like the nokia 5230). Very good touch sensitivity, easy to navigate menu. There are hard buttons to help in cases where you dont get the touch interface.

Overall, its a cool addition, especially for the gadget lovers, people who want the bluetooth pairing and those who want to look uber cool. I paired by blackberry to the bluetooth system and made/received calls. Worked very well. The steering controls have not changed though, which is a disappointment given that I would have liked to see phone controls on the steering wheel.

When I tried to open up the navigation system anyway, it complained about the lack of some SD card. I assume the map and other information is stored in an internal SD card as I could see a SD card interface anywhere (though I may have missed it).

It can apparently play movies but I wonder if thats good given the driver can get distracted. Overall, I think its a good addition for those who can fork out the extra bucks.

Now for the most important part, the price. Initially the sales guy said they still have not received the pricing for this optional component. After much prodding, he said it may end up adding an extra 80K to the final on road price but was very quick to add that he was not sure. Will be dropping by again this weekend for a TD and hopefully they give me better news on the pricing. I hope the sales guy was wrong on the pricing and the navigation actually works well (hope to check in the TD) so that I can buy it. Minus the pricing, personally, I was bowled over.
Old 10th November 2010, 23:26   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
The i20 Asta Petrol with the navigation system is priced at Rs. 6,30,439 (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
The present ex-showroom Delhi price showing at Hyundai site is Rs.5,75,439. So the difference is Rs.55,000 for getting Navigation and Bluetooth.

My running addon Navigation+Bluetooth cost me < Rs.5000 and presently that selling around for < Rs.4000.

The other alternatives which i found are costing < Rs.21000 and < Rs 22000

I dont know how many existing owners are going to upgrade for this if it cost around 50k+. Would like to hear the actual price from Hyundai dealers in coming days.

Last edited by wildon : 10th November 2010 at 23:28.
Old 10th November 2010, 23:44   #20
MAS
Senior - BHPian

i-20 is a good car and is fast becoming a car loaded with Gadgets. Hyundai seems to use this "phased" addition of gadgets to woo customers who would not mind paying more for a "factory-fitted" OE instead of after-market gadgets.

But if it would be dearer by 55K for choosing this option, the increase is not justified. The car would almost cost Rs. 8.6 Lakhs on road in Chennai. IMHO, paying almost close to a million rupees for a small car is difficult to digest.

It would be interesting to see if Etios dents i20 sales, especially after the launch of Etios 1.4 D.
Old 11th November 2010, 00:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is really a neat feature, I just hope that the maps are latest & have good coverage.

I agree with MPower, as if the i20 was any less premium on feature these addons will make it even more premium putting cars two class above to shame.

Kudos Hyundai & keep up the proactive good work
Old 11th November 2010, 00:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
It would be interesting to see if Etios dents i20 sales, especially after the launch of Etios 1.4 D.
I am not able to make out if the Etios will fall under the i20/Jazz/Polo class or the Figo class. Is the car as big as the premium ones?

Knowing Toyota, I doubt if they will/or bother to match the features. Etios may just be a well build car with a decent engine and an attractive price.
Old 11th November 2010, 01:14   #23
MAS
Senior - BHPian

My mistake. I was referring to the Etios Sedan as the Diesel should fall in the same price band as the i20.

You are right. Etios Sedan would be well-short of features, but being Toyota, it would be interesting to see if it can pull customers who would have otherwise bought at i20.

I will be looking to replace my 100K+ Fusion TDCi next year. Currently only i20 falls in the radar and it would be interesting if Etios Sedan 1.4D suits my requirements.

Last edited by MAS : 11th November 2010 at 01:15.
Old 11th November 2010, 03:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Good move...

I just hope Hyundai are smart enough to offer it as an upgrade to current owners...

Installing a GPS antenna is pretty easy..

P.s. anything over 30k for the system is too much IMO

Last edited by AbhiJ : 11th November 2010 at 03:13.
Old 11th November 2010, 03:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Wow! Hyundai rocks. The i-20 has features that can put cars like Cedia and Civic to shame.

Who is the HU and map supplier BTW? Hope this will make it to the i-10 as well.
They have tied up with MapMyIndia. The brochure (pdf) mentions this:
5" LCD Touchscreen
Offered in alliance with MapMyIndia - Software Version 5.0

GPS experts can share their opinions of MapMyIndia. Awesome move nevertheless by Hyundai!
Old 11th November 2010, 10:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
The existing Asta owners would feel cheated
Tell me about it! Especially those who got their car not even 5 days ago :|

But, for 55k, one can make a really feature rich Carpc instead right??
Hope they price it properly, with room for existing owners to upgrade!

Last edited by spyking : 11th November 2010 at 10:10.
Old 11th November 2010, 10:17   #27
BHPian

Great move by Hyundai. They are now providing more features and options, making it better than ever before.

Only if they corrected the steering feel as well.
Old 11th November 2010, 10:37   #28
BHPian

Good Move !!

Here is the news about Hyundai i20 with Satelite Navigation from Cars Bikes India Blog:
Segment First: Satellite Navigation comes to the Hyundai i20! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Here is the pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai launches i20 with satellite navigation-hyundaii20satellitenavigationmodule.jpg  

Old 11th November 2010, 10:47   #29
BANNED

Its incredibly expensive at Rs 55000 more than the normal Asta variant. The system though does a lot of things including streaming songs via bluetooth!

Quoting:
"It contains a wealth of details about locations, route options, the nearest Hyundai touch points and numerous other points of interest like restaurants, hotels, hospitals and malls. The SD memory card with pre-loaded navigation software enables users to save favourite routes and also guide different users driving to the same destination through the use of voice prompts which are available in more than a dozen languages including 8 Indian regional languages.

More details after the jump.

The AVN system comes with complete in-car entertainment and connectivity features. It also doubles up as a video player which supports video playback from the iPod/USB drive. For greater safety and convenience, audio controls are provided on the steering wheel while a remote is provided for the convenience of the rear seat user. The in-built Bluetooth with an audio streaming function enables one to handle calls while driving besides playing music through the phone."

source: Hyundai Launches i20 With GPS Audio Visual Navigation System - Price | Autoholiks
Old 11th November 2010, 11:27   #30
BHPian

[OffTopic] But, Has Hyundai fixed the famous steering and dashboard rattling in i20? IMHO, that is more important than Navigation System. Sorry to say this. I'm not being rude here. But see the no of users reporting this issue. IMO, Hyundai should have recalled and fixed this issue in the so called premium hatch back before introducing any other new feature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks