Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:17   #4636
BANNED

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
What should be the correct price for Cedia sports , August 2008 ,
You should be very clear in your mind that you want the Cedia and no other before going ahead.
The Cedia is a great car without doubt but being a low selling car it will come with its baggage; very restricted A$$, diffilculty in getting major assemblies, components, electronics etc if you have the misfortune to have a collision.
That is a very strong reason for Cedia owners to let go soon. The Baleno had a similar problem. Maruti never got around to localising its spares beyond maybe the oil, fuel filters. This meant expensive parts and poor availability at all Maruti A$$. And imagine if a Maruti - Suzuki car had such an issue the you can be dead sure that the Cedia will suffer from these. You should be ok if you are targetting a 2-3 YEAR ownership. Anything more will put you in a spot because, say after 4 years, the resale will be around 80k - 1L and if your fuel pump or the ECU conks, you will have to spend 60 K just to sell it for 30 K more.
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:19   #4637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam007 View Post
Is 1.25 a good price for a July 2001, WagonR Vxi with 75,000 km on the Odo, in New Delhi?
That's price would be okay in Bangalore. But 1.25L for 2001 Waggy in Delhi? Has it got a LPG kit? I think the fair price would be 1 lakh.
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:30   #4638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry

You should be very clear in your mind that you want the Cedia and no other before going ahead.
The Cedia is a great car without doubt but being a low selling car it will come with its baggage; very restricted A$$, diffilculty in getting major assemblies, components, electronics etc if you have the misfortune to have a collision.
That is a very strong reason for Cedia owners to let go soon. The Baleno had a similar problem. Maruti never got around to localising its spares beyond maybe the oil, fuel filters. This meant expensive parts and poor availability at all Maruti A$$. And imagine if a Maruti - Suzuki car had such an issue the you can be dead sure that the Cedia will suffer from these. You should be ok if you are targetting a 2-3 YEAR ownership. Anything more will put you in a spot because, say after 4 years, the resale will be around 80k - 1L and if your fuel pump or the ECU conks, you will have to spend 60 K just to sell it for 30 K more.
I don't think getting parts is that difficult. there might be waiting for some parts but that's ok. also baleno is discontinued few years back while cedia is still in production. also i don't think in 3-4 years the cedia resale will be around 80-100k.
getting back to my question what should be the price.
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:51   #4639
Senior - BHPian

I would think so , i had a 2005 LXI for which i managed to get 1.55 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam007 View Post
Is 1.25 a good price for a July 2001, WagonR Vxi with 75,000 km on the Odo, in New Delhi?
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:39   #4640
BHPian

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Octavia.html/

Why is it so cheap? Am i missing something?
Old 3rd May 2012, 22:06   #4641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage

Thats pretty much what an Octy RS goes for in these times of high petrol prices.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 18:00   #4642
Senior - BHPian

Also it mentions that there have been 2 owners already , so you would be the third which would also reduce the asking price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

Old 7th May 2012, 13:17   #4643
BHPian

Hello folks - what would be a good price (to buy) an non-metallic White Alto Lxi, 2006 model with 35K on the ODO from the first owner in Bangalore? Car is with dents.

Last edited by pmbabu : 7th May 2012 at 13:23. Reason: Updated color and city.
Old 7th May 2012, 13:23   #4644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Hello folks - what would be a good price (to buy) an Alto Lxi, 2006 model with 35K on the ODO from the first owner? Car is with dents.
I had sold mine for 1.5L last year at diwali. Almost exact config (odo was at 40k, bought in June 2006, metallic blue color). It had UP registration.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 14:46   #4645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Hello folks - what would be a good price (to buy) an non-metallic White Alto Lxi, 2006 model with 35K on the ODO from the first owner in Bangalore? Car is with dents.
Hello Pmbabu,

I feel Rs. 1.5 lacs to Rs. 1.6 lacs will be appropriate Price. It is based on assumption that Car is well-maintained (except a few Dents) & Comprehensive insurance is in place (with some no claim bonus, which means that there is no accident in recent past).

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 15:01   #4646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I had sold mine for 1.5L last year at diwali.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
I feel Rs. 1.5 lacs to Rs. 1.6 lacs will be appropriate Price. It is based on assumption that Car is well-maintained (except a few Dents) & Comprehensive insurance is in place (with some no claim bonus, which means that there is no accident in recent past).
Thanks joslicx and jignesh for your helpful responses! Will let you know the progress!
Old 7th May 2012, 15:28   #4647
BHPian

Please help me with a fair quote for the following:

Hyundai i10 era Bangalore registered (KA 03 MK XXXX)
Sept 2008 single owner 29000 kms..5 years extended warranty valid till september 2013
Never crashed
Car known to me from day 1 (have been a passenger in it for almost all its life)
Always serviced at official dealer.

Car cleaned and polished personally by owner using turtle wax.

Accesories:
Pioneer HU USB and 4 sony speakers
Garware sunfilms all around (front as well)
3M anti rust under body ( 2 years warranty left)
seat covers 2 month old ( worth 4500)

Always kept in covered parking.

Thanks a lot

Vikram
Old 7th May 2012, 16:01   #4648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hyundai i10 era Bangalore registered (KA 03 MK XXXX)
Sept 2008 single owner 29000 kms..5 years extended warranty valid till september 2013. Never crashed. Car known to me from day 1 (have been a passenger in it for almost all its life). Always serviced at official dealer.
Car cleaned and polished personally by owner using turtle wax.
Accesories:
Pioneer HU USB and 4 sony speakers
Garware sunfilms all around (front as well)
3M anti rust under body ( 2 years warranty left)
seat covers 2 month old ( worth 4500)
Always kept in covered parking.
Hello Vikram,

I feel Rs. 2.8 to Rs. 3.0 lacs would be a good price. I understand the price is on the higher side, but this is considering the fact that you know the Car & Car-owner since day one. Also the Car Owner seems to have taken a good car of the car.

But check on following things:
1. Will the extended warranty will be transfered in your name? (I doubt).
2. Garware Sunfilms - with Supreme Court banning all Sun Films, the value of these is currently zero.
3. Are you buying the Karnataka registered in Karnataka or in Mumbai? If you are buying this car in Mumbai, then valuation will reduce by 10% because you have to spend a lot of time / effort in getting the Car Mumbai registered.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 17:46   #4649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Vikram,

I feel Rs. 2.8 to Rs. 3.0 lacs would be a good price. I understand the price is on the higher side, but this is considering the fact that you know the Car & Car-owner since day one. Also the Car Owner seems to have taken a good car of the car.

But check on following things:
1. Will the extended warranty will be transfered in your name? (I doubt).
2. Garware Sunfilms - with Supreme Court banning all Sun Films, the value of these is currently zero.
3. Are you buying the Karnataka registered in Karnataka or in Mumbai? If you are buying this car in Mumbai, then valuation will reduce by 10% because you have to spend a lot of time / effort in getting the Car Mumbai registered.

Thanks,
Thanks a lot Jignesh, I needed to know the fair price as the deal will be between very good friends and hence we did not want the standard negotiations which would leave bitter taste for either. ( friendship here is more valuable .
The car is being sold only because of parking and financial constraints.

1 Extended warranty is applicable, no issues
2 Car films: Lets see how much it gets implemented
3 car will be in Bangalore itself
Old 7th May 2012, 17:58   #4650
Senior - BHPian

^^

Used cars are unimaginably costlier in Bangalore (compared to other parts of India). I've seen almost 30-40% more prices quoted for used cars in Bangalore compared to Delhi! keep that in mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks