Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:07   #4621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh

Hello Satyam,

Rs. 1.65 - 1.70 will be a very good deal for your car at Ford. Please go ahead & excahnge the same.

The used Car Dealers will not give you more than Rs. 1.5 lacs. They will always try to downgrade your Car mentioning it is accidental case. Though I understand that all the repairs were done at Authorized Station & you have no issues after that.

Also try to negotiate on some freebies on your new Car from Ford.

Thanks,
They quoted 1.55 L when they valued it.
But today i got a call from ford after 5 days, they asked me about the deal.
I told them that i am looking for an individual buyer for my car and it will take some time to find one.
The representative asked me if they give me a 1.65 or a 1.70 for the car will i a book the figo.
I still have to give them a reply.
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:18   #4622
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
The representative asked me if they give me a 1.65 or a 1.70 for the car will i a book the figo.
I still have to give them a reply.
Hello Satyam,

I think Rs. 1.70 lacs for your Dec 2006 (Jan 2007) Registered Santro is good price.

I am sure used Car Dealers will also not offer anything more than this. If you get a direct buyer he may offer something higher than Rs. 1.70 lacs. But for that you will have to wait for couple of weeks.

Try to negotiate further or as suggested earlier, negotiate for some freebies in your new Figo.

Thanks,
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:36   #4623
BHPian

hi guys!

may as well put it out here. any idea on what i'd get for

a) 2009 Fiat Linea MJD (Emotion Pack) - 31k kms on the clocks. all stock, in pretty darn good condition
and
b) 2008 Tata Safari LX - 63k kms on the odo with 5 new Yoko AT tyres (on alloys), Soundstream amp, compos front and back and a JBL bass tube, reverse camera and a 1 year old battery.

looking at upgrading (pre worshipped) but only feel the need for 1 car, so the heart breaks but need to make some hard decisions.

both cars are delhi registered, run like dreams, feed on premium oils and lovingly maintained, currently driving in bombay. am happy to drive them to delhi if it helps the sale.

any help much appreciated.

cheers,
ak

Last edited by bIte tHe bulLet : 2nd May 2012 at 18:37.
Old 2nd May 2012, 19:56   #4624

Is 1.25 a good price for a July 2001, WagonR Vxi with 75,000 km on the Odo, in New Delhi?
Old 2nd May 2012, 19:58   #4625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
a) 2009 Fiat Linea MJD (Emotion Pack) - 31k kms on the clocks. all stock, in pretty darn good condition
and
b) 2008 Tata Safari LX - 63k kms on the odo with 5 new Yoko AT tyres (on alloys), Soundstream amp, compos front and back and a JBL bass tube, reverse camera and a 1 year old battery.
it would be a tough task to be able to sell DL registered in MH.
if you sell in Delhi, you shall be able to sell your Linea for around 6.5 lac and your Safari somewhat between 6.0-6.5 lac.
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:19   #4626
BHPian

Ford Fiesta Diesel Zxi, 2006, Orange

Well maintained car, serviced 2 days back. Second owner, 92000kms
done, comprehensive insurance, leather upholstery, 3M sun protector
film.

Installed with new tyres & battery.

can you tell me how much can i pay, yes its an individual offer.
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:33   #4627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum

Hi guys need help on this. also I've seen one more cedia which is 2007 sports model done 68k kms. need help in finding price for both of these as based on that only i need to decide if I need to go for company provided car or by any one of these in individual name. Both of them are Mumbai registered.
Thanks.
guys please help. need to tell my company about my decision. so need to check.
Old 2nd May 2012, 21:35   #4628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post

Recently i planed to replace the car for a ford figo and got my car valued at ford.
The are giving me 1,55,000 for the car and they say it can go upto 1.65 - 1.70

Am i getting the correct price for the car ?
Shall i exchange the car with the ford guys ?

I need some advice on that.
Best option is to sell it to a person directly. Dealers and showrooms will always short-change you. Only the percentage of skimming may differ. They too have to earn their daily bread.

The only advantage with them is that you will save the running around and the hassles of finding a buyer and synchronising the departure and arrival of both, new and old, cars.

Last edited by skdking : 2nd May 2012 at 21:41.
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:05   #4629
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need some help.
A friend has been offered a Jan 2011 i10 Magna with the Kappa engine for 3.25lakhs. Is it a good deal??
Old 3rd May 2012, 00:10   #4630
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have a 2007 Zen LX, in White, back home in Bangalore. It must have done close to 60,000 km
I think you should sell it off quickly if you dont use it regularly. Things could start failing pretty soon when unused.
I think you could get around Rs 80,000 to a Lakh since its only an Lx and is no longer in production.
Be careful to sell it to a reliable source since it is dicey if criminal elements end up buying your car.
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 00:17   #4631
BHPian

Hi guys, I have a April 2008 (registered) Spark LT which has done about 39000 kms and is in a bad condition now. I want to sell it off ASAP(I'm afraid it'd become a public property). How much can I expect (In the same condition/after fixing it)

Thanks a lot!

P.S: The car rear ended last year about same time now and was fixed at a nearby service centre.
Old 3rd May 2012, 00:25   #4632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER
Ford Fiesta Diesel Zxi, 2006, Orange

Well maintained car, serviced 2 days back. Second owner, 92000kms
done, comprehensive insurance, leather upholstery, 3M sun protector
film.

Installed with new tyres & battery.

can you tell me how much can i pay, yes its an individual offer.
Sold mine in delhi to a dealer which was 2006 zxi with abs stanley leather seats new yoko s drives with alloys fed on delvac 1, scratchless wid 73 k on the odo for 2.70 so i guess u should pay in the neighbouring territory. Maximum 3 lakhs nothing more.
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:07   #4633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet
hi guys!

may as well put it out here. any idea on what i'd get for

and

looking at upgrading (pre worshipped) but only feel the need for 1 car, so the heart breaks but need to make some hard decisions.

both cars are delhi registered, run like dreams, feed on premium oils and lovingly maintained, currently driving in bombay. am happy to drive them to delhi if it helps the sale.

any help much appreciated.

cheers,
ak
Your safari made me drool when you started your thread in 2008. The hrs alloys michelin tyres awesome snaps. I always wanted one just booked mine with rama motors yesterday. Now the sad bit safari doesnt command a good resale up north :P best would be if you put it up in the classifieds and sell to an individuval. Dealers would not give you a penny above 4-4.5 in delhi. New safari lx onroad delhi is 8.80
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:57   #4634
BHPian

What should be the correct price for Cedia sports , August 2008 , red color, extremely well maintained, first owner. done only 17k , with entire service records. owner expecting 5.5-6 lakhs. car belongs to senior executive and has never been red-lined or abused .car is registered in Mumbai.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:15   #4635
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, A lakh and ten should be a decent offer. But its tough to search for a reliable source. Do let me know in case you know someone. Its heart wrenching to let it go, but let it go, I must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
I think you should sell it off quickly if you dont use it regularly. Things could start failing pretty soon when unused.
I think you could get around Rs 80,000 to a Lakh since its only an Lx and is no longer in production.
Be careful to sell it to a reliable source since it is dicey if criminal elements end up buying your car.

Most Viewed