Old 10th June 2008, 13:19   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Vasudeva, thanks for the sales chart..
Old 10th June 2008, 13:24   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
SOme doubts?

- What car does FORD have in the compact (3400-4000 mm) segment?
Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
ALso unable to make sense of SX4 sales figures for past 6 months..so much disparity!? (4000-4500 mm)
previously it was SX4+Esteem, last 3 months its SX4+DeZire
Old 10th June 2008, 13:25   #1053
Senior - BHPian

I do see many new Pajeros in Chennai. So there are surely people buying it as attested by the numbers. While the two-tone paint job is kind of whacky, the Pajero still strikes a chord.
Old 10th June 2008, 13:30   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta sales slipping, slipping - people waiting for face lifted one?
GM doing well with spark now?
Fabia's doing much better that i thought 700+, and consistently
CS seems to be making a difference for Tata.
Civic sales hit all time low since inception!!!
Old 10th June 2008, 13:41   #1055
BHPian

Bolero topping up the MUV charts was a surprise to me. On roads also I am seeing a lot of Boleros these days. Any idea what has boosted its sales though it is very inferior than Scorpio?
Old 10th June 2008, 13:52   #1056
BHPian

Fiat sold more cars than Mercedes for last two months
Old 10th June 2008, 14:04   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Fusion

previously it was SX4+Esteem, last 3 months its SX4+DeZire

Thanks! I think both Fusion and Fabia are doing ok. Not as bad as expected!
Old 10th June 2008, 15:14   #1058
Team-BHP Support

Thanks vasudeva for posting the chart as usual.

Which is the HM car in the executive segment with vacant fields? Does Cedia and Lancer come under mid-size segment?

The new C- class has taken the sales away from 3- series!

Seems like Palio sales are settling around 400- 450 average. This could be a disappointment for FIAT as they were targeting monthly sales of 800 cars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
Fiat sold more cars than Mercedes for last two months
If i am reading the chart correctly, I think Versa is selling much more than Palio!
Quote:
CS seems to be making a difference for Tata.
Isn't TATA's figure in the compact segment inclusive of CS? That seems to fallen nearly 20% over last year.
Old 10th June 2008, 15:49   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thanks vasudeva for posting the chart as usual.

Which is the HM car in the executive segment with vacant fields? Does Cedia and Lancer come under mid-size segment?
That row is unnecessary. Tata's Indica and Indigo CS sales have declined on a year to year basis, but have increased on a monthly basis.

Interesting short term trend of 800 sales picking up. Consumers trading down? because of fuel prices. Parallel to the US trend?. Civic became No. 1 in US sales in May 2008. Although New Civic has been around for 2 years, Camry/Accord remain at 1 and 2 in sales. But perhaps, because of >$4/gallon prices, consumers are deferring or trading down.

Although Indian sales have not yet been much effected, the figures are for May 2008, and prices went up 10% in June 2008. Since differential between petrol and diesel has increased further, we can expect overall lower growth but higher shift towards diesel.
Old 10th June 2008, 16:53   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiesta sales slipping, slipping - people waiting for face lifted one?
Ford Dealer had told me that deliveries of Fiesta have stopped for quite sometime now. I dont think its much about Sales slipping. Its more of Production being reduced to give way to the facelift model. Guess Facelift should bring spur in sales.
Old 10th June 2008, 17:23   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Ford Dealer had told me that deliveries of Fiesta have stopped for quite sometime now. I dont think its much about Sales slipping. Its more of Production being reduced to give way to the facelift model. Guess Facelift should bring spur in sales.
That seems true. However, sales had already been declining for more than a year except for some monthly spikes. So, decline in sales=facelift=cut in production of pre facelift. Important to know what has caused the facelift and production cuts.
Old 10th June 2008, 20:25   #1062
GTO
Team-BHP Support

- Skoda Fabia sales are totally unimpressive; heck the only hatchback that sells any less is the Palio. It has even fallen 10% when compared to April.

- Diesel or no diesel, the Ford Fusion's fate is sealed in India. Total flop @ only 200 odd cars a month.

- The Ford Fiesta / Ikon are plunging, even though the Fiesta has a good diesel. Me thinks its the Dzire effect, and that the Verna / Logan / Dzire / Indigo have far more spacious interiors. Ford is in serious trouble and needs a competitive strategy for the C segment. Facelift & better pricing for the diesel Fida machine?

- Chevy's Optra & Aveo sedan are becoming a dying breed. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some seriously heavy discounts coming our way, or model replacement plans in the pipeline for the Optra.

- On the other hand, the UVA is selling respectably well. Guess big size interiors & ride quality are drawing customers in.

- The Verna seems to be selling especially well; is it the powerful diesel working its magic?

- The Logan is definitely losing favour within the market. The Indigo & Dzire make it look terribly overpriced. In fact, Logan sales are almost 50% down YOY.

- The Dzire could have done still better than the numbers indicate, if it wern't for production constraints. A success without a doubt.

- Tata's Indigo is back in the game, the CS variant only finding it more and more homes.

- I am surprised to see Civic sales going down the tubes! Its a pretty competent product, would be curious to know why? Does it have something to do with Honda discontinuing one of the variants?

- The new Accord....well, for such a fantastic product, a record breaking month is truly deserved. It is one of the most sensible luxury buys out there. Evidently, many Indians tend to agree.

- At 165 C-Class' sold in May, the baby Benz is also on a record of sorts. I don't think the previous gen ever managed these kind of numbers.

- BMW 5 series continues to walk all over the E-Class. Truly commendable performance by selling more than double of the Benz.

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2008 at 20:27.
Old 10th June 2008, 22:51   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

@vasudeva - what about sales for Audi's?
Old 11th June 2008, 00:20   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Diesel or no diesel, the Ford Fusion's fate is sealed in India. Total flop @ only 200 odd cars a month.
I guess that is only diesel, since the petrol version doesn't fall under the compact category.
Old 11th June 2008, 04:32   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

@glass - both the variants fall under the 4000mm category. The Petrol however is not eligible for the tax benefits as it has a 1.6L engine.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks