Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2011, 07:35   #31
BHPian

spotted the evoque being tested at ARAI. It looks every bit as sensational in flesh as is seen in pictures. pity I couldnt take any pictures.
Old 27th August 2011, 10:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: 2011 Range Rover Evoque To India!! SPOTTED - Pics on page 3

Looks set for a late 2011 or early 2012 launch.

Now what's left to see which versions and at what prices. Wish they launch the 3-door version with the 240hp petrol engine and top trim. Even at 50+L this should be a really stylish buy for a lot of people. Bollywood would love this variant in my opinion.
Old 29th August 2011, 18:03   #33
Team-BHP Support

Yes dealers have started taking orders - first lots are on way , most likely deliveries will start in December .

I could find some concrete information -

3 Diesel Models , 1 Petrol ( Most likely - 3 Door ! )
Variants - DIESEL 190 HP - PURE 50L , PRESTIGE 55L , DYNAMIC 58L , 2,2 PETROL 240 BHP , 2, , PETROL 63 L – 3 DOOR

Prices

Maybe they will get couple of these cars via CBU to ensure more footfalls in there showrooms . CKD operations can follow and prices lowered once worldwide demands saturate

BTW this car is surely going to change fortunes for JLR / TATA - have a look at TopGear reviews -

Range Rover Evoque: driven to extremes - BBC Top Gear
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 18:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes dealers have started taking orders - first lots are on way , most likely deliveries will start in December .

Variants - DIESEL 190 HP - PURE 50L , PRESTIGE 55L , DYNAMIC 58L , 2,2 PETROL 240 BHP , 2, , PETROL 63 L – 3 DOOR

Prices

Maybe they will get couple of these cars via CBU to ensure more footfalls in there showrooms . CKD operations can follow and prices lowered once worldwide demands saturate

BTW this car is surely going to change fortunes for JLR / TATA - have a look at TopGear reviews -

Range Rover Evoque: driven to extremes - BBC Top Gear
Prices truly on the high side.

But if they do a bit of advertising, whatever number they have kept for India this year should fly out the showrooms in a jiffy.

Hopefully these are CBU prices and once Indian assembly starts prices will drop to about 42-55L range.

And by the way the fortunes of JLR dont need to change at all, they have been going strong for a couple of years now. And even for Tata, its only a small part that is the passenger car business in India that is struggling. After all 27billion dollars in revenue and 2 billion dollars in profit last financial year dont mean bad fortunes in any way.
Old 29th August 2011, 18:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

If deliveries of the Evoque do start in December then the Indian customers are quite lucky. Presently in the UK if you put your money down for one now the earliest you can expect will be late February, while some of the more popular variants can take upto a year!!

This is despite the Evoque being on the more expensive side compared to the blander German options who are now flogging decent discounts.

Want an Evoque? Wait a year - Parkers
Old 29th August 2011, 19:01   #36
Team-BHP Support

Ya I read at few places but these guys have some allocation systems - different countries get different numbers in such cases where demands are higher than production , but lucky to buy @ double UK prices ??

I think this is something similar what Apple did couple of months back - I couldn't get I- Pad 2 from anywhere in Europe after but Apple still launched in India & few Qtys were shipped , complete first lot was sold in couple of days , LR India needs customers and what better way to have a niche aspirational product like this .

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th August 2011 at 19:07.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 22:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Turbanator,

Thanks a lot for the information, had no idea pre-orders were already on for this, Btw spoke to my upcoming dealer, he said they might have allotments for only 3 cars but he will know by mid-september, also chances of the car being aggressively priced until the CKD operations are quite high, again the manager was nice enough to tell me that without being sure of it, but he says the Indian assembly will be on by April - May 2012 and it definitely will be a very aggressive launch.

This will shake the segment big time I think if TATA motors do a good combination of price / features / value / support and of course deliver on quality and time.

Quote:
Old 31st August 2011, 08:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
This will shake the segment big time I think if TATA motors do a good combination of price / features / value / support and of course deliver on quality and time.
I dont know what Tata Motor's has to do with the introduction of this vehicle. This is a Land Rover product, not Tata. JLR may be owned by Tata Motors, but they rarely interfere with much of what either Jaguar and Land Rover do.

This vehicle will be manufactured at Jaguar plant in Halewood, and assembled at their facility in Chikhali, Pune. It will sold through the limited LR dealers of India, and serviced by them.

Overall, "Tata Motors India" do almost nothing in the whole process.
Old 31st August 2011, 12:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Sorry while I do understand its a Land Rover product I was under the assumption that the board of TATA motors perhaps would be involved in their indian operations or be a part of it, also makes a lot of sense considering TATAs know the local market a lot better but wasn't aware that they "do almost nothing" in the process.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Old 31st August 2011, 15:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Cool, this is great news really. Did not even imagine that this would be on our road till late next year. SVP's superb review of this beauty/beast in this C&B show this week (keep watching NDTV or Profit all this week) and lo this is surely my next dream wheels by a far far mile....

Evoque just gets it right in every department - Style, power, comfort, luxury and most importantly size!! This is truly amazing and a real ace up TATAs sleeve justifying acquisition of these great marquees.

Way to go JLR, hoping to see one in flesh at the spanking new showroom in BLR.

Quote:

Old 2nd September 2011, 00:01   #41
BHPian

Land Rover is Britain's favourite 4x4 - by far

Land Rover
Not for the first time, Land Rover has blown its off-roader rivals into the weeds. The famous British marque claimed an astonishing 54% of the vote in a new MSN Cars poll.

Just under 40,000 people provided their answer to the question; "Which firm makes the best '4x4' type cars" when it was posed on MSN Cars this August.

Respondents were invited to choose their favourite from a list of 12 leading 4x4 manufacturers that included the likes of Jeep, Mitsubishi and Subaru as well as premium marques like BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche.

With second-placed Toyota polling just 9% of the vote, Land Rover's 54% was the definition of an emphatic victory. Audi arrived in third place with 8%.

The MSN Cars poll clearly shows that the UK public continue to hold a special place in their hearts for Land Rover and its products. The first vehicle to carry the famous name appeared way back in 1948 and, although the company is now owned by TATA Motors, its headquarters are still based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.

The current Land Rover range includes household names like the Freelander, Discovery and Defender models, along with the premium Range Rover and Range Rover Sport line-ups.

"We are thrilled that MSN users have voted Land Rover their favourite 4x4 brand," says Colin Green, managing director of Land Rover UK.

"We know that Land Rover has some of the best brand loyalty figures in the industry and this poll is testament to that. Taking over half the votes is a great achievement and goes to prove that Land Rover really does make the world's most authentic 4x4s. Thank you to everyone who voted for us!"

As one of Britain's most cherished car companies, it's no surprise to see Land Rover top our poll as the maker of the best 4x4 vehicles.

Its profile is about to get much higher with the arrival on our roads of a handsome, compact and affordable model in the shape of the Range Rover Evoque [pictured above], which looks set to be a great success.

The full results

Users were asked: "Which firm makes the best '4x4' type cars?"

The results were as follows:

Land Rover 54%
Toyota 9%
Audi 8%
BMW 6%
Mitsubishi 5%
Subaru 4%
Jeep 3%
Mercedes-Benz 3%
Lexus 2%
Volkswagen 2%
Volvo 2%

39,663 votes in total were received in a poll on this website.

MSN Cars is currently one of the UK's most popular motoring websites according to independent data from comScore Media Metrix with 1.4m unique users (May 2011).

Land Rover is Britain's favourite 4x4 - by far - *Car news - latest news stories - MSN Cars UK

Tatas have surely picked up a winner in JLR
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:40   #42
BHPian

Looks like a November launch date is confirmed.

Quote:
New Delhi, Aug. 31: The Tatas will launch the Evoque, a compact sports utility vehicle, from the Jaguar Land Rover stable, in the country by November.
A version of the Range Rover, the Evoque will have five doors and a 2.2-litre diesel engine, “keeping the domestic market needs in mind”, sources told The Telegraph. Globally, the mini SUV also has a three-door version and a 2-litre petrol option.
November date for Range Rover variant

I feel that once CKD production of the evoque starts, both freelander and evoque prices will be bound to fall as they share platforms. An example is Honda Jazz and Honda Brio. With Brio coming up, Jazz prices were dropped as Honda is expecting greater economies due to increasing scale.

I hope this means a sub 30 L Freelander and a 35L 4WD Evoque! But that will only happen when Land Rover gets more reasonable with its prices here in India. A Freelander priced singnificantly more than X1 / Q3 is a little hard to digest.
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

Freelander is already a CKD, so dont expect any further drops in prices. Similarly dont expect a 35L Evoque any time soon, may be around the 42L mark at best.

Remember the Audi, and BMW now have good bit of localisation, not to mention, they share lots of pars with their sedan counter parts. While Land Rovers have almost no local parts at all, and their overall volumes for various imported parts are also much much smaller.

So you cant expect prices of LRs to fall really that far.
Old 2nd September 2011, 18:45   #44
Team-BHP Support

A special thanks to Akshay Vaidya for getting these pictures to us!

Spotted in Pune :

2011 Range Rover Evoque To India!! SPOTTED - Pics on page 3-ev7_3845251_n.jpg

2011 Range Rover Evoque To India!! SPOTTED - Pics on page 3-ev7754_n.jpg

Name:  ev_n.jpg
Views: 9856
Size:  171.1 KB

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 18:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Range Rover Evoque To India!! SPOTTED - Pics on page 3

Yes, at least on of my wishes regarding the Evoque comes true. We will get a 3-door version of it. Thank god, LR are brave enough to bring in a 3-door mini-SUV.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks