Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 18:58   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched starting 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by njh View Post
They will be bringing in a 2.0 diesel churning out more power than the old 2.0 diesel. There wont be a petrol, because they have realized that petrol engines are not very popular with the masses.
It will be coming with a 7 speed DSG. The car, in Highline will have the daytime running LED lights as well, which would probably attract people as well. There will also be two variants, the comfortline and highline. pricing has not yet been confirmed.
All above mentioned can be a reality, except for the 7-speed DSG. High output VW diesels are normally mated to 6-Speed DSG, not the 7-speed one.
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched starting 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5

OK! So, I am officially worried now.

The govt has changed the CKD norms. This means that ready made components like engine will attract more duty than before. Both Passat and Jetta are CKDs.

How on earth does that affect these cars? I mean even if Audi/BMW/Merc raise their car prices a bit, people may take the hit, since these are 'genuine' luxury brands. Surely VW cannot price its cars at a much premium compared to Honda/Toyota. So, what happens to these cars?

1. Does VW price Jetta and Passat higher coz it simply doesn't have any option but to do so?

2. Or does it hold on the release to produce them locally? Surely, that's not an option with Passat, with the launch date already scheduled. But, what happens to Jetta, does VW decide to produce it locally, and thus push the launch back? (by a long time I guess considering the capacity issues).

3. Does VW just take the price hit and make lesser profits on each car. Highly unlikely!

BTW, I was contemplating Jetta as one the options for my next ride. Should I just back off as it may be priced out of my budget now? My target was the base diesel (so I don't have an entirely free hand)

On a seperate not, what happens to X1 pricing. There are guys who have bought it at 22-24 lakhs. Does the next lot go for 30 lakhs? The new buyers will be cheesed off completely.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 2nd March 2011 at 10:57.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:15   #48
BHPian

Well I believe VW is taking Indian's on a joy ride

The price of the vehicles are on a higher side - not sure why?(5.54 on road Delhi for a 1.2 Petrol Polo that huge)

Secondly, not sure whether this is true - but the known person who is buying 1.2 Polo - was also telling that they are not offering any free service with a new car,may be some one can correct me in case I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 2nd March 2011, 18:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I believe VW is taking Indian's on a joy ride
I somewhat agree with your statement. I think, in general, their cars are slightly costlier than they ought to be. However, my main query is, how do they plan to tackle this situation? Passat and Jetta are two important models in their repertoire. How to price them competitively?
Old 21st March 2011, 23:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

The New Passat caught during an ad shoot in Navi Mumbai!

Pic courtesy: Vikram Jayanath
Attached Thumbnails
VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-198541_10150112564032234_519502233_7132325_5058585_n.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-200454_10150112562772234_519502233_7132318_2809161_n.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2011, 11:11   #51
BHPian

Re: VW offensive continues: Passat launch on 29th March? *UPDATE* Indian Spy Pics on

I just loved the looks. Very suave. The alloy design with it slightly twisted spokes is not the best in my opinion but it is still okay. Front end is a real stunner. The family look is not dragging it down.

BH.
Old 22nd March 2011, 12:27   #52
BHPian

Re: VW offensive continues: Passat launch on 29th March? *UPDATE* Indian Spy Pics on

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The New Passat caught during an ad shoot in Navi Mumbai!
Great Pics.

The car looks longer than the current one sold in India.

Bi-Xenon with LED daytime running lights and sunroof looks to be standard equipment .

Hope they bring in the key-less starting, rear-view camera and the 2.0L TDI with 170 bhp & 350 NM.

Alloys are 215/55 R16
Name:  Picture 1.png
Views: 2100
Size:  161.4 KB
(The Official Website for Volkswagen UK : Volkswagen UK)
Old 22nd March 2011, 20:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Loved the alloys! Gives the impression of speed and motion! I guess they should just bring only the TDI (170 BHP) to start with and then get the TSI. Are they going to revise the prices as well?
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:21   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeld View Post
Great Pics.

The car looks longer than the current one sold in India.

Bi-Xenon with LED daytime running lights and sunroof looks to be standard equipment .

Hope they bring in the key-less starting, rear-view camera and the 2.0L TDI with 170 bhp & 350 NM.

Alloys are 215/55 R16
Attachment 521594
(The Official Website for Volkswagen UK : Volkswagen UK)
As I got to know
1. Sunroof is not standard across the trims.
2. Key less entry is there.
3. Rear view Camera has interesting position. It peeps through the VW Logo on the boot-lid.
4. 2.0L TDI is named Bluemotion Technology.
Old 25th March 2011, 11:01   #55
BHPian

Saw this ad online - is this a pre cursor to the Passat launch?

Think Blue

Cheers,
Old 25th March 2011, 20:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
4. 2.0L TDI is named Bluemotion Technology.
Wonder if it is the 140 BHP or the 170 BHP trim..
Old 25th March 2011, 21:17   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2.0L TDI is named Bluemotion Technology.
May not be. The TDI/TSI engine can be with or without the Bluemotion technology. Have a look at this link Efficiency & BlueMotion Technologies : Volkswagen UK
Old 28th March 2011, 11:43   #58
BHPian

The earlier version of the Passat as reviewed here was found to be unreliable due to part failures and the overall advise was to not buy it. I've been waiting for a new car model for more than a year now and loved the fit and finish of the Passat, but had second thoughts after reading the reviews here. Will GC still be around 145 mm? Will the OR price exceed 25 lakhs (the earlier diesel was 28!).
Old 29th March 2011, 08:01   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
May not be. The TDI/TSI engine can be with or without the Bluemotion technology. Have a look at this link Efficiency & BlueMotion Technologies : Volkswagen UK
Oh yeah definitely. Just slipped there. Bluemotion technology can be with TSI engines too. It's just that I have seen the 2.0 TDI with bluemotion technology here in flesh, so was the comment.
Old 29th March 2011, 08:55   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh yeah definitely. Just slipped there. Bluemotion technology can be with TSI engines too. It's just that I have seen the 2.0 TDI with bluemotion technology here in flesh, so was the comment.
It will be fantastic if they launch it here. Not for Passat alone - once launched, this could follow in Jetta and other upcoming launches as well. And from what I see (from the recent Passat launches in other countries), Bluemotion can come as a standard in India version as well
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks