Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2011, 13:44   #121
BHPian

Re: VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5

Test Drive Report of the New VW Passat from Car Wale.

Link:
Volkswagen Passat 2011 Highline DSG First Drive - A sea change - CarWale
Old 5th April 2011, 16:28   #122
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Team-BHP Passat review, by the resident European car expert (Ajmat), will be coming up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
From what ive heard, the lag is not too bad in this engine.
I'm told the DSG gearbox conceals it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Highline DSG - 32,31,280
The Audi A4 is going to get licked by a competitor from the same house. VW's also intentionally given the Passat better interior quality than the Superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post
The salesman who came on line had no clue about the new model, but at least he said he would study the info he had received and would call back in 30 min.
Why do you want information from a salesman when you have access to Team-BHP's vast knowledgebase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post
What about the issue of reliability?
BIG ???? and one of the primary areas I'd be concerned about. VW has got to prove their long-term reliability, especially with complicated cars like the Passat & Superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Any idea if the petrol is going to be 1.8 or 2.0 TFSI?
I believe it's going to be the 1.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
With a large car like Passat and the precision required to park in Bangalore this feature will never get used.
It's not the question of utility; rather, about marketing, positioning and differentiation. Remember, cars in this segment are bought more for the "look & feel good" factor than "utility". Personally, I prefer to park a BMW 7 series without using its crystal clear rear view camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I don't think Keyless Access include the foot activated boot opening option.
Which well and truly sucks! I thought that was one of the Passat's more unique (and well-thought-out) features.
Old 5th April 2011, 17:27   #123
Team-BHP Support

I think this will be a very formidable option to the 320d and the X1. Not to mention it will really make the A4 pointless.

Ajmat had mentioned that the A4 had a CVT slushbox whereas this has the superb DSG. Not to mention both are FWD and have identical engines now.

The 320d will still be a better drivers car but lets face it you cant enjoy half the BMW experience on our roads. Instead one has to worry about scraping the next speedbreaker. The Beemer also suffers from lack of space.

I'm impressed with this car. Lets see how the maintenance packages are from VW. If anything like BMW then the battles on.
Old 5th April 2011, 17:50   #124
mxx
BHPian

isnt passat a mid size saloon. So, if you can live with lot less luxury, you get a 5/E/A6 sized german vehicle with a great diesel engine and gearbox. Nothing to complain, except no RWD or quattro.
Old 5th April 2011, 17:54   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a black(or maybe dark blue) Passat yesterday evening. It looks much better than the outgoing version, to me it also looked a little bit smaller than the previous one.
Old 6th April 2011, 07:16   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I thought that was one of the Passat's more unique (and well-thought-out) features.
Yes, that indeed is a surprise omission. Maybe VW brains thought that we Indians will dismiss that feature as a gimmick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I think this will be a very formidable option to the 320d and the X1. Not to mention it will really make the A4 pointless.
Yes, size-wise Passat is one segment above A4, and for those who are not really bothered of the badge, you get more car for a lesser price. I am not sure if this can really be a threat to 3/X1.

Quote:
isnt passat a mid size saloon. So, if you can live with lot less luxury, you get a 5/E/A6 sized german vehicle with a great diesel engine and gearbox. Nothing to complain, except no RWD or quattro.
Passat is not really short on features in comparison with the German big three (E/5/A6). Except for the badge, I will say it can match these cars for size and features.

By the way, is it true that the MT is provided as an option in the base variant, and top end comes only with DSG?

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th April 2011 at 07:17. Reason: realigned
Old 6th April 2011, 17:33   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Most probably it will not be from China. The new Passat launched here is not for China / US markets. From what I know, they are going to have a new 2012 version (different from the B7 launched here and in Europe).
Every Passat was, is & for the forseeable future from Emden, Germany!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
Looks like the new Passat is without ashtrays.The old one has two ashtrays,on left and right side of emergency light and below ac vents.I use it to keep toll tickets and loose coins
Ashtray was & remains next to the cigarette lighter beneath the AC controls. What u refer to are the oddment trays. There is a neat coin holder compartment underneath the right most AC vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Yes, that's more or less it. Had a chance to see it in practice on VW Tiguan, and the owner said that its kind of ok, but doesn't really do the tightest parking slot. For that you still need to do it the old fashioned way. Also, you still press the accelerator, so you better still observe what's happening :-)
The Passat comes with Park Assist 2.0. That means it can park with just 40 cm clearance on either side.

If you would manually park in a tighter parking spot you will probably have a squeeze to get out or force the guy parked next to you to do the same.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th April 2011 at 09:58. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 7th April 2011, 09:06   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Every Passat was, is & for the forseeable future from Emden, Germany!
I bought my Passat in sep 2009 from VW downtown Mumbai,at that time my dealer and Sales MGR for VW told me Passat CKD kit is from Brazil and Mexico and Jetta ckd kit is from Germany.
Old 7th April 2011, 09:53   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
I bought my Passat in sep 2009 from VW downtown Mumbai,at that time my dealer and Sales MGR for VW told me Passat CKD kit is from Brazil and Mexico and Jetta ckd kit is from Germany.
The Jetta is from Mexico, Passat is from Germany
Old 7th April 2011, 12:57   #130
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Come on, how much difference can a FWD car and a RWD or Quattro car really make in Indian road conditions?

The Passat specs are very good, but reliability of those gizmos are yet to be seen. Who knows, one day you might see your Passat driving off by itself in parking mode.

Last edited by EP. : 7th April 2011 at 12:59.
Old 7th April 2011, 20:51   #131
Senior - BHPian

Scoop pictures of all new VW Passat at a stockyard

Hi there friends,
This is my 2nd post, please spare me if I did make any mistake.
Few days back I went with my dad for the Pdi of our pearl black VW Vento TDi Highline. I knew that VW has done the press release of new 2011 VW Passat so it was obvious there should be a new Passat in the stockyard. And I was absolutely correct there was one standing all dusty but looked great with all the chrome on it. Did the pdi of our car and went straight towards it and started checking it out. I was mighty impressed it looked way better than the outgoing one. Took out my Nokia E72 and took some scoop pics of the same. Than I thought what goes in asking the caretaker of the place to get the keys of the car and check it inside out. The caretaker agreed and he went and got me the keys. Checked up the car and I was actually drooling it.
The Passat that was there was actually the highline model with all black leather seats. But as I thought of taking some pictures of cars interior, Dad said its getting late and so couldn't take any pictures, but checked the cars boot, mighty 2.0 TDi engine(and fired it up too) and everything. One thing I like about VW is the quality and it was very well there. Below are few pics of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-slide1.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-slide2.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-slide3.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-slide4.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-slide5.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-slide6.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-slide7.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-slide8.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-slide9.jpg  

VW offensive continues: New Passat *UPDATE* Launched @ 20.8 Lakhs Pg.5-slide10.jpg  

Old 8th April 2011, 14:40   #132
BHPian

Small Test drive Report

Rode the new Blue Motion tech PASSAT today.This is the first display vehicle for the Trivandrum showroom. The 2.0L, 125kw AT engine was very powerful. Almost got fainted when the steering did the parking itself by performing the Parking Assist function. The seatings and comfort and the quality(always high) has improved than the old Passat. The rear end look when the lights are ON (brake lights) just look like an Audi, the Front view is also amazing and beautiful, which i loved. Will try to upload the pics soon.
Old 8th April 2011, 18:19   #133
BHPian

Isn't the low ground clearance (150 mm) of new Passat a botheration on Indian roads? Probably this car has the least GC among Indian cars.
Old 8th April 2011, 18:24   #134
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion on The VW Passat Review Thread.

This thread is closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Isn't the low ground clearance (150 mm) of new Passat a botheration on Indian roads? Probably this car has the least GC among Indian cars.
Suspension has been raised by 15mm. During my test, the rear scraped once on a high speedbreaker.

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2011 at 14:00. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks