Team-BHP - Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/96755-scoop-chevrolet-beat-diesel-pictures-details-update-brochure-pg-22-a-23.html)

Beat's peak Torque @1750 rpm seems to be really good as against the peak torque rpm range of 2000rpm in other diesel cars like Figo, Swift, Ritz etc.
I think we will be able to drive the car at slow speeds in 5th gear itself!! Good for city traffic.

Quote:

To answer your question if i will prefer chevy over the maruti badge, the answer is may be yes, i would love to own another maruti in life, i like the Ritz a lot, its a very practical car but if chevy sticks to its word and price this car 10-15% higher than its petrol variants, then its extermely good value for a city hatch, according to me it will end up to be 4.8 OTR for the LS variant. This will save me 1.3lakhs in front of the Ritz VDI plus i get the music system in the car too with a USB which i have to buy seperate incase i buy the RiTZ.
LS variant doesn't has music system.

In one on one comparison page. They are trying to put Beat LT against Swift/Ritz LDi and Beat LT(o) against Swift/Ritz VDi.

IMO, this gives some indication about the pricing of the variants.

i.e.
Beat LT around 4.9L (ex-showroom)
Beat LT(o) around 5.45L (ex-showroom)

Superb pics there, But seems chevy forgot that new swift production has already started? They should have a direct comparison with figo instead.

Secondly, why no comparison on the price front? It is meant to be cheapest hatch maybe expect Indica V2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottocycle (Post 2426098)

In one on one comparison page. They are trying to put Beat LT against Swift/Ritz LDi and Beat LT(o) against Swift/Ritz VDi.

i.e.

Thanks, So i'll have to pick up a music system for the LS version which is about 10k for the set up, still about 1.3lakh is a lot of money.

Your right, BEAT LT will be priced close to ex-showroom of Ritz LDI thats why the they comparing this way in the brochures, which is about 15% higher than the current Beat LT petrolclap:(Just as what Chevy told last month,we'll price the diesel variants 10-15%more than thier petrol variants)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash24 (Post 2426116)
Thanks, So i'll have to pick up a music system for the LS version which is about 10k for the set up, still about 1.3lakh is a lot of money.

Your right, BEAT LT will be priced close to ex-showroom of Ritz LDI thats why the they comparing this way in the brochures, which is about 15% higher than the current Beat LT petrolclap:(Just as what Chevy told last month,we'll price the diesel variants 10-15%more than thier petrol variants)

4.8 L OTR for LS variant might be an optimistic figure. I hope it becomes reality :).

LT variant has following extra features as compared to LS. How much premium does it demand, btw?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottocycle (Post 2426098)

i.e.

What a Misleading comparison by Chevrolet here-

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottocycle (Post 2426121)
4.8 L OTR for LS variant might be an optimistic figure. I hope it becomes reality :).

LT variant has following extra features as compared to LS. How much premium does it demand, btw?
  • B Piller Styling Stript
  • Auto AC (vs AC in LS)
  • Tilt Stearing
  • Integrated Audio System
  • Front Fog Lamp

Well i agree, 4.8 is too optimistic at the moment, i just calculated about 15% hike on the current Beat LS and tried, about 5Lakh-5.1 OTR is possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 2426130)
What a Misleading comparison by Chevrolet here-
  • In real world conditions, Power to weight ratio is more important than specific output(bhp per litre).
  • They chop off one cylinder from the MJD engine, add a cooled EGR valve and call it advanced technology.
  • The lack of features in Swift will be addressed with the new Swift.

Yes. They are trying to mislead the average customer. Not even a single place, they are talking about power to weight ratio.

New stuff up on Zigwheels - Beat Diesel details revealed!| Zigwheels.com

Launch is on the 25th, and final pricing only around then. Tyre width reduced according to them, which seems to wrong. Its actually an upsize from 155 to 165 section right?

Quote:

Tipping the scales at just over 1000 kilos, this will also be one of the lightest diesel cars around. Low kerb weight is a virtue on the petrol variant too, and the same characteristic has made the GM boffins confident of the diesel Beat's fuel efficiency, which has been pegged at 24 kmpl by the ARAI certificate.

The rest of the car is expected to remain the same as the petrol, with identical dimensions and features. Tyre width however has been downsized from a 170-section on the petrol to a 165-section on the diesel, on identical 14-inch wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash24 (Post 2425889)
These brochures do more than 70% job of the Salesman.

Guess it's not the version of the brochure which will be handed over to prospective buyers. It looks too basic.
Moreover, the cover page says 'Launch Training Kit'

Another tweet from Hormazd,

Quote:

Driving Beat Diesel. Surprisingly smooth for 3-cyl engine. Re... on Twitpic - Driving Beat Diesel. Surprisingly smooth for 3-cyl engine. Responsive too but lacks outright punch

& now the Overdrive First Drive Report on the Car:

DRIVEN! Chevrolet Beat Diesel

Quote:

Key points:

1. The Beat diesel has good bottom-end torque. Combined with a gearbox that shifts nicely and a good selection of gear-ratios, it is easier to live with this three-potter in town.

2. It finds a sweet-spot between 2000 and 3500 rpm, but after that you are clearly going into a zone where the added revs don't really help the car much, even though the redline is at 4800 rpm.

3. The car feels most comfortable at speeds under 80-90 kph, but post that it doesn't seem to have the grunt to go comfortably past 100-110 kph. Sure, the car will do 135-140 kph... this car is good for a 0-100 kph time of around 18 to 19 seconds with two people up.

4. The light steering makes it easy to manoeuvre, the new gearbox isn't as notchy as the last one and the controls on the whole are light.

5. Because it has a light-weight 3-cylinder engine, it doesn't put much pressure on the front-axle. This means it's quicker to turn in to corners and doesn't have the typical understeery setup that afflicts most hatches. The Beat's ride and handling, on the whole is pretty impressive for a car its size.

Just got a call from the chevy dealer.
Launch is on the 25th of this month.
Test drive vehicle has arrived.
Have to got to the showroom for test drive,they wont bring the vehicle for test drive till launch.
Now for the prices.
OTR Nagpur
PS 4.98
LS 5.30
LT 5.79
LT(o) price not disclosed
Let the fun begin.
Now even though I have booked a new swift vdi ,the LS seems tempting :confused:

Autocar review -

Beat Diesel review, test drive Review

For the most part the Beat Diesel is a pleasant surprise, right from the first time you crank it. The engine settles down to a smooth idle and you can barely feel the vibe from the 3-cylinder motor. Noise is also well suppressed in the small hatch. As soon as we were out onto the narrow Goan roads it was apparent that the Beat was happy to amble along. 57 bhp of power and 15.29 kgm of torque from the 936cc motor isn’t particularly impressive. However, GM has chosen shorter gear ratios so that driveability at city speeds is satisfying. The engine too really feels like in its sweet spot from the 1600rpm mark up to the 3000rpm mark, giving the Beat Diesel a useful mid-range. Ambling around in third gear at 40kmh you just need to step on the throttle to get past the rickshaw without making a fuss. It’s just that there’s no zest or punch in the proceedings. NVH levels are also impressive with the Beat feeling particularly smooth around the 2000rpm mark. You can barely hear the motor and there are no vibes at hand.
However, things change once you hit the highway. The three-cylinder diesel thrum becomes apparent once you get past the 2500rpm mark and is hard to shake off when cruising along on the highway. The shortfall in grunt also becomes more obvious as quick overtaking maneuvers require a shift or two down on the gearbox. Rev the engine to its 5000rpm red-line is pointless as in the last 1500rpm the engine gets noisy without adding any pace.

Cool thats some great news to hear about. This is for sure one of the most awaited Mini oil burning hatch in our part of the world. The prices upfront look competitive though expected a bit lower. Any comments?

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder (Post 2427423)
Just got a call from the chevy dealer.
Launch is on the 25th of this month.
Test drive vehicle has arrived.
Have to got to the showroom for test drive,they wont bring the vehicle for test drive till launch.
Now for the prices.
OTR Nagpur
PS 4.98
LS 5.30
LT 5.79
LT(o) price not disclosed
Let the fun begin.
Now even though I have booked a new swift vdi ,the LS seems tempting :confused: