Team-BHP - Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/96755-scoop-chevrolet-beat-diesel-pictures-details-update-brochure-pg-22-a-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shineshine (Post 2384254)
One more information which I got from the SE was that the Beat Diesels uses a new 'Special kind' of oil.

Semi-synthetic instead of mineral? This could also give a better service interval I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shineshine (Post 2384254)
The reported mileage for those test cars were ~28 with 100% AC.

28???!!!! You mean 2, 8 - 28 ? [Like the Indica eV2 ad] :D C'mon, should we take it with a pinch of salt?

Edit:: I should get my dad to sell our Wagon R & buy one of the Beat Ds if the info is correct!

Just checked with the chevy dealer Kropex in Bangalore.
The car may be launched in this month end and bookings have not yet started.

Does anyone else have information about booking in any other city?

and what could be the OTR price for the LT- any guess?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvmohankumar (Post 2384686)
Just checked with the chevy dealer Kropex in Bangalore.
The car may be launched in this month end and bookings have not yet started.

Does anyone else have information about booking in any other city?

and what could be the OTR price for the LT- any guess?

An earlier press release had a GM spokesperson mention that they are working to keep the price increase over the equivalent petrol model with 10 to 15 % ! Terrific VFM this one if they manage to do that.

Considering 20Km/litre is possible on the 1.3 Fiat engines, then 23km/litre should easily be possible on the 1litre MJD. 28 is a little suprising !!!

This is surely going to cause a lot of excitment in the hatchback segment from the next month

Mileage and Price apart the drive-ability and other factors also need to be checked. I hope GM pulls this off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar (Post 2379337)
On a Lavasa trip today, I came across a diesel Beat on test. All that I was able to decipher that its performance on the twisties to Lavasa was noteworthy as the diesel Beat was easily overtaking even some more powerful cars.

Hey, thats good to know. My only concern was that it would be underpowered because its as heavy as the others like Micra etc but a 25% smaller engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 2385195)
Hey, thats good to know. My only concern was that it would be underpowered because its as heavy as the others like Micra etc but a 25% smaller engine.

If they could plonk the same engine into a Spark, it would have been awesome. A car that would be even cheaper, faster and more fuel efficient than beat diesel. Hope Chevy has plans for this in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ar@v1nd (Post 2385221)
If they could plonk the same engine into a Spark, it would have been awesome

If that ever happens in current scenario (petrol prices skyrocketing) then 30000 odd Alto per month will be history:)

Cheers!

Vinu

Quote:

Originally Posted by myavu (Post 2385905)
If that ever happens in current scenario (petrol prices skyrocketing) then 30000 odd Alto per month will be history:)

Cheers!

Vinu

Probably that will happen if the sales of Beat D goes thru the roof ! I am sure Chevy will be closely watching the space once it gets launched. They have been taking all the right steps in this direction recently - so you just cant write it off !

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2384259)
Semi-synthetic instead of mineral? This could also give a better service interval I guess.

28???!!!! You mean 2, 8 - 28 ? [Like the Indica eV2 ad] :D C'mon, should we take it with a pinch of salt?

Edit:: I should get my dad to sell our Wagon R & buy one of the Beat Ds if the info is correct!

Even I was astonished to hear about the mileage, but I completely trust my source.

Again, one thing which I want to bring to your notice is the comparative gear ratios of all GM small cars - Spark and Beat. Both of them extract maximum mileage from its high gearing. So I believe it should be possible for GM to do the same with Beat diesel especially that engine being acclaimed as the most torquey engine at the lowest capacity.

Technical specification of the Diesel engine disclosed by Hormazd Sorabjee in yesterday's Autocar Show Scoop Section :-

Engine displacement 936CC
Power ___________ 58.5Bhp
Torque __________ 140Nm

And it will be launched in the month of July.

Quote:

Originally Posted by P.S.Grewal (Post 2387455)
Technical specification of the Diesel engine disclosed by Hormazd Sorabjee in yesterday's Autocar Show Scoop Section :-

Engine displacement 936CC
Power ___________ 58.5Bhp
Torque __________ 140Nm

And it will be launched in the month of July.

Great to see there is already some kind of review coming out from Autocar. Could you also post the link of this show, that is if you have. Did he also tell about the mileage, driveability, ride quality and NVH etc?

hi guys, here is the link Scoops of the week with Hormazd Sorabjee | Autocar India

enquired here in Kolkata, expected launch this month end, price from 5 to 5.5 lacs.

I want to change my 3 yr 10 month old wagon r lpg duo. It was an excellent cost effective car to drive with wonderful maruti after sales and services. It has been driven for about 67,000 kms.

I am in dilemma whether beat will be a nice car to drive for me or not! My height is 6'1" and I drive my car (no driver). The next car should be a diesel car with abs and dual airbag. Options are Indica Vista aura +, Figo titanium, Beat LT with option pack or may be the new Xylo mini. Please help guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by sallubhai (Post 2393841)
enquired here in Kolkata, expected launch this month end, price from 5 to 5.5 lacs.

Are the prices OTR? From the tweets I got, the car will be launched by Mid July and I expect the prices to start from 4.7L OTR based on the rumours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sallubhai (Post 2393841)
My height is 6'1" and I drive my car (no driver). The next car should be a diesel car with abs and dual airbag. Options are Indica Vista aura +, Figo titanium, Beat LT with option pack or may be the new Xylo mini. Please help guys

Why don't you TD a Beat petrol? It will give an idea of the space, driving position etc. If you like it, once again TD the diesel engine to get a feel of the car. Are you not interested in Ritz D ?