Team-BHP - Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/96755-scoop-chevrolet-beat-diesel-pictures-details-update-brochure-pg-22-a-24.html)

Saw "Beat Diesel Booking open" banner at Trident Chevy, Jayanagar Bangalore. Guess test drive vehicles will be coming in soon.

hey folks, had a very busy evening today, yes you'll guessed it right, i test drove the beat diesel for about 12km today. few delaers have got the TD vehicle this afternoon.

I will post you guys with all my inputs in sometime, in the meantime if you guys have any questions, please shoot :)

Hi Folks,

Alright here are my inputs on the chevy beat.

1) Very less turbo lag, yes it has some turbo lag, but if you ask me it is 25% of the turbolag we face in the 1.3MJD or 1.3DDiS.The turbo lag is almost minimum or nill.
2)Interiors are good, same as the petrol beat.
3) Tyres are 165/65 R14. Guess what!! they are Goodyear. Sweet. Almost as good as Michelin XM1+, good grip and great ride quality because of these tyres.
4)Turbo kicks in exactly at 1750RPM, in higher gears the turbo kicks in anywhere between 1600 to 1750rpm.The turbo feeling is the same as the 1.3MJD or DDis cars.
5)Ride quality and handling is awesome, much better than petrol beat, doesnt handle like a tall boy, i touched 100km/hr speed on a empty city road, no problem at all,car loaded with 4 people.
6)Noise levels are fantastically controlled, my friend questioned me twice, is this a petrol or a diesel, the car i did a TD had a cold engine start, brillant. At times the engine doesnt make some sound if you floor the pedal, but normal city conditions it will easily pass off as a petrol car.
7)No discounts, not even a single rupee of accessory will be given, no mud flaps, no floor mats, no tints, nothing at all. Dealers are taking bookings with amounts between 10 to 50k.
8)Seat comfort is not great, rear seat under thigh support is poor.
9)The torque is awesome, i was driving in 3rd gear at 15km/hr and i quickly slipped to 5th gear and the car took off from 15km/hr speed to touch 70km/hr speed in about 15seconds, Not bad at all, No vibrations felt anytime during the test drive.
10)suspension tune up is perfect, plus 165/65 R14 is helping the ride quality on this car now big time.

Big suprise, the prices!!!

yes guys accounts department guy was loading the prices, sales guy is a friend, got to know the range.

Beat 1.2 is exactly 30k more on the ex showroom of Beat 1.2 petrol
Beat 1.2 LS is about 35k higher the Beat LS petrol Ex showroom price.
Beat 1.2 LT is about 43k Higher than the BEAT LT petrol ex showroom price.

Cheers guys, drive safe :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash24 (Post 2427698)

yes guys accounts department guy was loading the prices, sales guy is a friend, got to know the range.

Nash24, thanks for posting your TD review, good stuff! The prices are a pleasant surprise, could you please check with your friend and post about the prices of the LT(O) variant also? :)

Which dealer did you get the TD at?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fangface (Post 2427717)
Nash24, thanks for posting your TD review, good stuff! The prices are a pleasant surprise, could you please check with your friend and post about the prices of the LT(O) variant also? :)

Which dealer did you get the TD at?

Dealer was trident chevy, cant tell you which branch sorry about that its a question of the sales guy job.

One thing is assured, the Beat LS is going to be 4.8 to 5lakh OTR for sure.

The Beat LT will be below 5.4Lakh OTR Bangalore.

As soon i took the car out for the TD, people driving honda's and Toyota's stopped next to us in the signals and started questioning, how is turbo lag in the car etc etc.clap:

This car is causing a lot of anticipation among the industry and i'm sure 24km/litre is easily possible. I am scared this car can become the next indica of india. Please chevy dont do this, try and avoid the yellow board for this car if possible.:OT

I liked the marketing material. Hope GM keeps it that way and we will have a hot seller figting below WagonR and above Figo in numbers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash24 (Post 2427729)
I am scared this car can become the next indica of india. Please chevy dont do this, try and avoid the yellow board for this car if possible.:OT

:D Don't worry. Indica's USP is space, which beat doesn't has. Hence that possibility is ruled out.

4.8L OTR would be great for LS. How much is the tax rate in Banglore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottocycle (Post 2427734)
:D Don't worry. Indica's USP is space, which beat doesn't has. Hence that possibility is ruled out.

4.8L OTR would be great for LS. How much is the tax rate in Banglore?

I think in bangalore it is 12 to 14%:eek:

Chevy is charging 51981 for beat 1.2 ps as road tax, ex showroom is 360230(petrol version)

Agreed Indica USP is space, but beat space is not bad at all if you look at it, almost on par with indica ev2, just that 3 people in indica are little more comfy behind.

Quote:

Hi Folks,

Alright here are my inputs on the chevy beat.

1) Very less turbo lag, yes it has some turbo lag, but if you ask me it is 25% of the turbolag we face in the 1.3MJD or 1.3DDiS.The turbo lag is almost minimum or nill.
2)Interiors are good, same as the petrol beat.
3) Tyres are 165/65 R14. Guess what!! they are Goodyear. Sweet. Almost as good as Michelin XM1+, good grip and great ride quality because of these tyres.
4)Turbo kicks in exactly at 1750RPM, in higher gears the turbo kicks in anywhere between 1600 to 1750rpm.The turbo feeling is the same as the 1.3MJD or DDis cars.

You say - there is zero or minimal turbo lag and then you say the turbo kick feeling is same as 1.3 MJD - can you clarify please?

Also, GoodYears are no way same as Michelins. I replaced my GoodYears with Mchelin XM1+ and there was a H U G E difference. GoodYear/MRF/JK are the worst tires in the market. Bridgestone and Apollo are good, Michelins are better.
Also, Indica is much more spacious than the Beat IMO.

The price quoted for Bangalore is just unbelievable, considering Bangalore has the highest road tax in the country. So, it should be much cheaper in other places. If the price is correct, expect a huge waiting list on the Beat Diesesl.

This seems an excellent city car with good drive-ability, smooth engine, excellent mileage and good manuverability and extremely VFM,( based on the above prices)

Quote:

Cheers guys, drive safe :)

I din't get the pricing bit from the above, is the price difference only 30-40k compared to the petrol?

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanaman (Post 2427804)
I din't get the pricing bit from the above, is the price difference only 30-40k compared to the petrol?

Yes! That's what he meant to say. Afterall you have only 58 BHP diesel car. However all other diesel cars are >= 69PS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanaman (Post 2427804)

Yes the information i have got is, price difference is between 30-45k on the ex showroom price of petrol, so on road price difference will be higher in the range of 45k-70k across variants over the petrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adimicra (Post 2427756)
You say - there is zero or minimal turbo lag and then you say the turbo kick feeling is same as 1.3 MJD - can you clarify please?

Also, GoodYears are no way same as Michelins. I replaced my GoodYears with Mchelin XM1+ and there was a H U G E difference. GoodYear/MRF/JK are the worst tires in the market. Bridgestone and Apollo are good, Michelins are better.
based on the above prices)

Very less turbo lag when the A/c is on and 4 people on board. Apart from that the turbo lag is almost zero.

In the C&B video on NDTV, they told the size of turbo used in this car is smaller than that of the 1.3MJD FIAT or 1.3DDiS MSIL cars. But when i reved this car, the turbo feeling was exactly the same as the 1.3 diesel engines.

If someone is not as informative as us, if you make this person sit inside a 1.3 MJD car for a TD in city conditions and next if you make him sit inside the 1litre diesel beat, he will pass it saying the engine is the same but less noise in this beat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash24 (Post 2427747)
I think in bangalore it is 12 to 14%:eek:

Chevy is charging 51981 for beat 1.2 ps as road tax, ex showroom is 360230(petrol version)

Agreed Indica USP is space, but beat space is not bad at all if you look at it, almost on par with indica ev2, just that 3 people in indica are little more comfy behind.

Road tax in Karnataka is 14.43% on the showroom price, and insurance should be about ~3.6% , so for a rough OTR calculation just add 18% to the showroom price.

I doubt that the LT on road price will be 5.4 in bangalore, because the petrol LT itself costs about 5.25-5.3 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fangface (Post 2427942)
Road tax in Karnataka is 14.43% on the showroom price, and insurance should be about ~3.6% , so for a rough OTR calculation just add 18% to the showroom price.

I doubt that the LT on road price will be 5.4 in bangalore, because the petrol LT itself costs about 5.25-5.3 lakhs.

Agreed, My bad. Should be 45k higher, so the Beat LT in bangalore should be 5.75OTR.

All of sudden this looks a bad price now, because the Ritz VDI is 6.13OTR bangalore, just that the beat has 2 or 3 features more in the LT, but the Ritz has more space and 1.3MJD.So Ritz looks better now all of sudden.