Team-BHP - Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/96755-scoop-chevrolet-beat-diesel-pictures-details-update-brochure-pg-22-a-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 2408498)
I don't think they are pretending to be a family. I have seen quite a few Beat D's testing around Pune and lot of them had families inside. GM must have given their senior engineers / executives test cars to use on a daily basis and report problems, if any.

I think Tata did this with the Aria.

It looks to me like GM has a policy of letting anyone test these cars in their real life and is not limited to just engineering staff, ofcourse by keep reporting the incidences. I remember similar sightings were reported even when Beat petrol was being launched.

I would Say excellent way of testing the car if the above is true.clap:
Nothing beats the real life testing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anu21v (Post 2404086)
Exhorbitant cost of Petrol to diesel conversion is the precise reason why i10 is not coming out with a diesel option, even though they sell a diesel i10 in europe market. To my understanding, the cost difference of a petrol to diesel model remains roughly 1-1.25 lakh whether you do it on Superb or vento or Linea or micra or polo or ritz or even i20, that is unless you are Tata.:D

See but this is where I have a problem, while it is true that diesel engines are inherently more expensive to produce - for various reasons - in the Indian market they also command a premium purely because of the demand for them. Also wrt to the i10, Hyundai should already have all the tooling ready in Chennai as that is the global manufacturing hub for the car, and with a market as obsessed with diesels like ours it should only help them achieve economies of scale, hence it makes the whole thing a little baffling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by da_lowrider (Post 2408732)
See but this is where I have a problem, while it is true that diesel engines are inherently more expensive to produce - for various reasons - in the Indian market they also command a premium purely because of the demand for them. Also wrt to the i10, Hyundai should already have all the tooling ready in Chennai as that is the global manufacturing hub for the car, and with a market as obsessed with diesels like ours it should only help them achieve economies of scale, hence it makes the whole thing a little baffling.

Well when i mentioned 1-1.25 Lakh, it is just back of the envelope calculation for cost. When it is translated in final pricing it will be way too much high due to Excise, VATs, CST and not to forget dealer and company profits :).

Also to my understanding the diesel engine for i10 is getting manufactured in europe, unless that engine is localized in india, there is hardly any hope of cost reduction. Engines when imported from Europe when translated in pricing will definitely be out of reach of indian customers.

Any hope for an AT in the Beat diesel?

Does anyone has details about the launch date? There are speculations that it would launched in July.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 2409488)

That would be a killer combination. It would make the Beat D the perfect City hatch!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Games Goblin (Post 2413056)
That would be a killer combination. It would make the Beat D the perfect City hatch!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 2409488)

plain wishful thinking.dont think a diesel auto hatch will come in 5 years,but how i long for one.manufacturers,are you listeningplease:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Beat (Post 2403496)
GM India has already stated that the prices will be 10-15% higher than the P variant. Now if we consider the Beat LT(o) model OTR in Navi Mumbai costs about 5.2 Lakhs. Add another 12.5 % to that and you will consider a premium of 65,000-70,000 coming to around about 5.9 OTR which is around 50,000 less than highest model of figo as well as 70 k higher than highest P variant.

I think this would be the most likely scenario

Quote:

And in that you get 1. ACC, 2. Dual Airbags, 3. rear wash & wipe, 4. decent HU with USB / aux etc than a Swift / Figo which costs 6.2L/6.4L [I assume] OTR Mumbai ! Now that's what looks like VFM right ?? And yeah, those extra kmpl's too.
HU in figo is way better.usb in beat is micro and not the usual kind.And except ACC everything else is available in figo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revintup (Post 2413115)
usb in beat is micro and not the usual kind.

In the Beat D, the USB port will be standard size. :) This is confirmed. May be once it is launched, even the petrol versions will get the same standard size USB port. Looks like this was rectified based on customer feedbacks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revintup (Post 2413115)
And except ACC everything else is available in figo.

Nop, not everything! Figo doesn't have rear power windows in any version. Is a rear wash & wipe present in Figo D top end? So for me the Beat D looks better than Figo even. May be a better build quality as well?

Edit
::

Quote:

Is a rear wash & wipe present in Figo D top end?
Yes !

In the Beat D, the USB port will be standard size. This is confirmed. May be once it is launched, even the petrol versions will get the same standard size USB port. Looks like this was rectified based on customer feedbacks.

Nop, not everything! Figo doesn't have rear power windows in any version. Is a rear wash & wipe present in Figo D top end? So for me the Beat D looks better than Figo even. May be a better build quality as well?

By 'everything' i meant the features that had been mentioned in the relevant post.

A proper usb slot at last.now thats good news.wonder what they were thinking in the first place.

Am planning on buying a diesel hatch, either a figo or a beat
.waiting for a comparison test.

Only now I am looking at this thread after such a long time. Thought it might just be a rumour, very very commendable effort by Chevy hats off to them.

P.S: I do see a lot of comparison between Figo and Beat Diesel, frankly comparing a .99L engine with the 1.4L engine Figo is like comparing Figo with a 2.0L Skoda Superb Engine (with engince cc of 150%).

You can make a feature by feature comparison but ultimately the engine cc makes a huge incomparable difference. ... Just my opinion. :)

Quote:

comparing a .99L engine with the 1.4L engine Figo is like comparing Figo with a 2.0L Skoda Superb Engine (with engince cc of 150%).
I think with modern engines it won't be fair to compare with CC only - we should look at other important data - BHP / Torque & Power to weight ratio

However I feel Figo is much more spacious than Beat - two of my colleagues own Figo & Beat and I always feel way comfortable in Figo in both places front seat as well rear - I feel Figo is in a higher segment than Beat - maybe because of lower price of Figo we compare it with Beat .. I may be wrong with statistics here .

Got a call from local chevy dealer today.accd to him launch is on 28th july and test drive vehicles will be there in about 12-14 days. They have started taking bookings.I had made an enquiry sometime back,although I have booked a new swift.

P.S: I do see a lot of comparison between Figo and Beat Diesel, frankly comparing a .99L engine with the 1.4L engine Figo is like comparing Figo with a 2.0L Skoda Superb Engine (with engince cc of 150%).

You can make a feature by feature comparison but ultimately the engine cc makes a huge incomparable difference. ... Just my opinion.

The comparisons are inevitable due to the pricing.You are right about the engine mismatch.Still the beat might beat (:D) the figo on highways.

I just received a call from my dad's friend who works in GM Motors. :cool:

Here are the details shared by him :

PS: Strangely, I failed to ask him whether there will be an AT version or not.

An 80K difference between the Figo and Beat diesel for the top variants? [If I am not very wrong]
I Guess Beat should be marketed right. "A fuel efficient small car with extremely low running costs and decent interiors whaky exteriors" This should sell.
And please remove the golden chrome grille.