Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2006, 05:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
May be, but one more reason can be that it directly competes with Indigo in pricing front and no company would want to showcase product from another company even if there is friendly alliance. The alliance between the two so far is only about sales and support through select Tata dealer network and nothing else (As far as the offical story goes).
no surity can be given on that account as rumours are afloat that tata will launch the car again with the old name "siena" which I find more suited to the sedan.

as Indigo and indica are both based on the same platform similar to the A178 fiat platform there is no reason why they wouldnt sell a siena.
Old 18th January 2006, 15:45   #77
BHPian

http://news.pajamasmedia.com/lifesty..._Tata_in.shtml

Says TATA will sell Fiats 'petrol' models

Palio D , has i think, come to the end of it's life in india, a pity though, it is a great car.
But, then hey look on the brighter side, we have the petrol versions of the palio going strong.....
Old 19th January 2006, 08:37   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemlock
http://news.pajamasmedia.com/lifesty..._Tata_in.shtml

Says TATA will sell Fiats 'petrol' models

Palio D , has i think, come to the end of it's life in india, a pity though, it is a great car.
But, then hey look on the brighter side, we have the petrol versions of the palio going strong.....
the DI engines are going out so that fiat can bring in their JTD's.
Old 19th January 2006, 11:53   #79
Team-BHP Support

I really doubt that. If tata was going to take diesels from Fiat, they wont be spending so much on developing DICOR range for sedans and hatches.
Fiat Palio with multijet will be Indigo/indica competition which wont auger well for Tata.
Or maybe we will have maruti style salesmanship. With Palio salesman arguing against indica and vice a versa, same as Wagor R salesmen arguing against swift!
Old 19th January 2006, 12:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I really doubt that. If tata was going to take diesels from Fiat, they wont be spending so much on developing DICOR range for sedans and hatches.
Fiat Palio with multijet will be Indigo/indica competition which wont auger well for Tata.
Or maybe we will have maruti style salesmanship. With Palio salesman arguing against indica and vice a versa, same as Wagor R salesmen arguing against swift!
It is also possible that Tata may fit its export models with FIAT engines since selling the cars in the highly competitive European market would be easier if they are fitted with FIAT engines. Already, the FIAT engines are being fitted in various Europran cars made by other European manufacturers. The Indian models of Tata cars may continue to be fitted with indigenous engines. This way, it will be a win-win situation.
Old 20th January 2006, 06:01   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Palio D , has i think, come to the end of it's life in india
I guess I can see whats happening here. TATA wouldn't want the Palio D sitting in the same showroom as the Indica which makes sense. TATA sells way more diesel Indica's then petrols and obviously want to protect their market share. Also it's pretty clear from this arrangement that TATA is not interested in Fiat's Multi-jet Diesels. I guess they have the DICOR engines almost ready for a roll out or maybe it will be cheaper for them to sell Indica's with DICOR. In any case, we can be sure now that only Maruti and Fiat will have multi-jet diesels in India.

The question is can Palio D owners can get their car's serviced in TATA dealerships?
Old 20th January 2006, 07:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I guess I can see whats happening here. TATA wouldn't want the Palio D sitting in the same showroom as the Indica which makes sense. TATA sells way more diesel Indica's then petrols and obviously want to protect their market share. Also it's pretty clear from this arrangement that TATA is not interested in Fiat's Multi-jet Diesels. I guess they have the DICOR engines almost ready for a roll out or maybe it will be cheaper for them to sell Indica's with DICOR. In any case, we can be sure now that only Maruti and Fiat will have multi-jet diesels in India.

The question is can Palio D owners can get their car's serviced in TATA dealerships?

I still think tata will bring in the JTD. The reason is Fiat is supposedly positioned above the tata cars and hence the JTd will be used to position the car above tata's own cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks