Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 23:16   #121
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
From what I read here

Official - No Fiat Linea 1.6/AT for India this year | Indian Autos blog

No launch for 1.6 or 1.3 duologic planned in the near future.
Looking at all the happenings in this thread... (I know it's the lack of it ), I feel happy in one way. I just completed 76K and 5&1/2 years on my Ikon and wanted to take it to another 20K or 1&1/2 years atleast before I change the car.
FIAT not coming out with the 1.6MJD now would mean that by the time I decide to change my Ikon I can chose the LINEA 1.6MJD without worrying about losing the exclusivity factor on that deal
Old 19th April 2011, 10:13   #122
Senior - BHPian

Fiat should launch the 1.6MJD Linea asap. Probably they were planning to introduce it with a Linea facelift sometime in 2012. However, Vento and SX4 diesel have already shrunk the Linea's market share. I hope Linea survives the onslaught from the new Verna and Fiesta. Hopefully, Fiat management would launch the 1.6MJD before it's too late.
Old 19th April 2011, 13:51   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Fiat should launch the 1.6MJD Linea asap. Probably they were planning to introduce it with a Linea facelift sometime in 2012. However, Vento and SX4 diesel have already shrunk the Linea's market share. I hope Linea survives the onslaught from the new Verna and Fiesta. Hopefully, Fiat management would launch the 1.6MJD before it's too late.
FIAT would definitely miss this train as well.
I'm quite confident that 1.6MJD would be released after a couple of quarters of either the Verna or Fiesta release. Thats atleast 5-6K cars (keeping a monthly sale of 1.6MJD @ 1K per month)
Old 11th May 2011, 20:23   #124
BHPian

Is the Tuning box really effective on the present 1.3 MJD? How fat?
Old 11th May 2011, 21:55   #125
BHPian

So there will be no 1.6 MJD this year? Next year I think it will be too late. FIAT is already struggling with its current line-up. By next year the new Verna and Fiesta might have settled pretty well in the Indian Market. It is sad to see that good products are not getting the response they deserve - which shows that there is something wrong with the FIAT management. Just launching it wont be enough - they have to price it appropriately, they have to better their QC, they have to improve A.S.S , eradicate the niggling issues etc.
Old 12th May 2011, 09:06   #126
GSM
BHPian

Am among the people who are eagerly waiting for the 1.6mjd to be launched. As and when it is launched, it might very well be the replacement my Palio Stile 1.6 Sport (planning around 2012 September).

Was actually thinking that if it is launched now, over the next 12 or 18 months, most (if not all) of the minor niggles will be wriggled out, and as and when I buy, it will be relatively better than the initial lots.

And a small query for the gurus of our forum - Is the Handling and Steering feel / feedback of the Linea better than, say Cruze or Altis and the like? Or it is better among car from its segment alone? Just curious to know.

Note from Mod : This thread is still based on speculation, and we will have to keep it closed...until some reliable information is received.

Last edited by GTO : 18th May 2011 at 12:52. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks