Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 14:26   #46
xPK
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
After eating up the service head's head, he finally told that one was a 1.6 MJD and the other one was a 1.3 MJD auto transmission(Dualogic). According to him the 1.6 MJD will be launched by may end or june. The cars are here for the training of the teams. Sorry i do not have any pictures. And ya, the 1.6 was badged ELEGANCE and the 1.3 as usual EMOTION.
Yes!
Yes!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! (note to mods: I know this sentence is not valid as per TBHP rules, but I couldn't find any other words to express my emotions)

@Naparajito, you made my day buddy! I'm literally fished off with this dilemma of which car to buy. If it is true, this is my car. I hope they launch it sooner (at least may).

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Come on Fiat, you know what we want. Please, take a leaf out of Yamaha India' resurgence story. Don't go chasing after the entire market. Know your customers and make products for them!
@deetjohn, I couldn't put that in better words.

Quote:
And no more high end variants please. Bless the entire Linea range with the 1.6MJD
I really wish for this. I actually hated FIAT for introducing TJet only in top end.

By the way does any one have any official confirmation about the launch?
Old 13th April 2011, 14:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Come on Fiat, you know what we want. Please, take a leaf out of Yamaha India' resurgence story. Don't go chasing after the entire market. Know your customers and make products for them!

And no more high end variants please. Bless the entire Linea range with the 1.6MJD and the Punto with the 1.3VGT and see where it will take you.

Very well said deetjohn. I don't understand how everybody seems to know exactly where the problem is with Fiat and their product strategies, except Fiat themselves .
Anyways, better late than never ! Hope this comes fast, and like you said hope its launched for all variants and not only an E pack variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I am sure you meant Hyuandi.
I'm sure you meant Hyundai ! (Just Kidding)
Old 13th April 2011, 14:43   #48
BHPian

AAAARGGHH!!! CRAP.... I just bought a Linea 1.3 MJD E+ last month.

I have mixed emotions (Pun intended) though. The 1.6 on a Linea sounds too tempting and apt. The Linea always needed a larger heart..

Bring it on FIAT and Let the games begin!!
Old 13th April 2011, 15:08   #49
BHPian

It is great a move by Fiat!! But I doubt it would increase the sales volumes. Fiat desperately needs an awesome small car. Come on Fiat, do a Ford (Figo) and a Volkswagen (Advertising) and see what it does for you!
Old 13th April 2011, 15:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

News from Team-bhp spreads very fast !

Fiat Linea 1.6 Diesel and Linea 1.3 Diesel Automatic on the cards? | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Old 13th April 2011, 16:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

^^ I hope these mags dint pick the news from TeamBHP
Old 13th April 2011, 18:13   #52
Senior - BHPian

Well not a surprise as one of my friends was involved in the testing of the engine I hope the car lives up to expectations.
Old 13th April 2011, 19:08   #53
BHPian

Man!! They just copied my post into their webpage~~ Lol.
Old 13th April 2011, 21:38   #54
BHPian

Called my contact at Concorde Motors today after sighting this thread, he blatantly denied the presence of a 1.6 at the Mysore road workshop. I spoke to the Fiat regional manager also... same answer. Some secretive corporate strategy i think.
Old 13th April 2011, 22:24   #55
BHPian

They'll never accept that beacuse they might be in trouble because they cant say a single thing until the car is launched. Until u spot the car in the workshop itself. Mahindra dealers denied when the xylo was about to launch.
Every company has that rule and ya W201 is also to be launched soon. Production has already begun.
Old 13th April 2011, 22:29   #56
BANNED

The sales head of Prerana gave a positive response when I showed interest in 1.6 MJD rather than 1.3 MJD. He says by July second week I can get the car delivered.

I have enough time to check out the New Verna and New Fiesta. The need is surely for a driver's car. So its mostly Linea or Fiesta.
Old 13th April 2011, 22:44   #57
BHPian

@EARTHed- Thats a very good news indeed.
Old 13th April 2011, 22:46   #58
Senior - BHPian

opps, i was thinking that they wont launch it for next 2 years atleast as there was no confident yes from fiat officials and i took a plunge to buy the 1.3 mjd.

this is a frustrating news for me.

but yes, linea deserves 1.6mjd. the chassis is capable for handling even a 2000 cc engine easily. brilliant dynamics.
Old 13th April 2011, 22:57   #59
BHPian

@amit- Even i bought a Linea MJD diesel on 30th of march. But i've no regrets. My car has covered more than 1000kms and ya i can say this is one of the best diesels any company has ever made.
Old 13th April 2011, 23:39   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

What a beautiful thread and its already 4 pages !! Yeah, its slightly late but never too late I guess. Whenever I used to think of a Diesel Sedan, I never thought of the Linea since I was not interested in 1.3L. Now there is a competent engine.

I guess Fiat is learning the Indian way to survive. And its not bad. I guess, with the next couple of launches, they should be good - just get the A$$ right.

As many pointed out, I was thinking of seeing a Manza 1.6 too !! After all TATA makes more out of this JV !

And a trumph card [1.6L] which this guys kept for themseleves without letting Suzuki lay their hands on - Brilliant move I would say.

So the options are now plenty for a Diesel Sedan I guess.

Dzire
SX4
Manza
Vento
NFS
ANHV
Linea 1.3
Linea 1.6

Awesome is the word. Also I guess, they need to improve the interior quality, I believe they have done a good job with the T-Jet interiors and may be this one could get a better one ??!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks