Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2007, 12:05   #91
Team-BHP Support

look up the national meet thread, the goa one, plentry of keshav s pics there lol

manson.
Old 19th February 2007, 12:12   #92
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickybaba View Post

Is that a tractor in the first pic ? Thats Vasu's esteem in the second pic, heard he came second behind Keshav... Timings anybody ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
In one particular race it was even beaten by an Esteem which was really embarrassing.
Beaten by an Esteem ??? 850 bhp subaru ???
Old 19th February 2007, 12:17   #93
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Can we see keshav's car somewhere here ? I want to the see the person himself ,any photos of psycho and the car itself ?
For pics of his car, visit his BHP Garage section, for his pics, visit some Bangy meet thread or like Manson said the Goa meet thread...
Old 19th February 2007, 12:19   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Well people of the black subaru did create so much hype...but after they couldnt run it..who does the blame go to after losing....THE CAR...

If you ask me i'd say its all humbug...all excuses..Iam sure they will now say...
WE WILL SHOW THEM IN BANGLORE...YA SURE!!!!!!

THE DRIVER OF THE MR2 IF YOUR READING THIS...YOU KNOW WHERE TO GO!!!!
Dan,
I had a ride in that car the nite before and trust me it does what it was initially quoting.. there was a wastegate problem on that car.. and there was zero boost on the car thats why the first run was 14.xx and the second was 16.xx coz by then it was running like a naturally aspirated car...

It was so hot yesterday that the intercoolers were heating up like mad.. My practise run was 15.012 with RT of 0.512 sec.. But when we lined up for the run we were kept stranded on the line up for almost 10 min.. and the car runnning in that heat.. the moment i let go of my clutch instead of taking off my car just dipped.. and i almost lost like a second there.. Next time i will have someone splash water on the intercooler of spray it will Liquid nitorgen getting the intercooler down to zero degree...

Last edited by EVO6 : 19th February 2007 at 12:28.
Old 19th February 2007, 13:15   #95
Senior - BHPian

the heat demanded frequent intercooler spraying!!! and still wasnt sufficient.
I think Rtech did a good job! just that he was Lil TOO cautious since it was someone else's car. Theres no way you can break/smoke anything in the Scooby STI in a drag!![unless its fooled/tampered with by semi/unqualified persons, like in the black scooby-sorry, but with my limited knowledge, no organised/renowned tuning company claims to go beyond 450bhp on the wrx, obviously for dependability reasons]
These speed runs are like club events and I go for the fun of it.
Why do people take them so seriously. wont people agree that the event was Fun all the way, for people with passion for cars and Speed!!!
Old 19th February 2007, 13:36   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yeah the Porsche was a 944 red, convertible.

Apparently it seems that the car's turbo started spewing Oil into its exhaust & couldn't run. Real disappointment after all the hype generated about 10 sec runs by people.

Varun Patra & Others - Please don't hype up cars to the level where you guys make a fool out of yourselves. It's better to keep shut & perform rather than shouting from roof tops about the car's abilities & then seeing it turning out to be a complete dud.

BTW the Black Scooby posted timings ranging from late-15's to early-16's.
I never hyped up the car in such a way ... i Just mentioned the figures it was producing . Yes the car dint perform well .. and the times were deteriorating run by run and that was due to some problem with the turbo ... and as far as the amount of power that the car had i only got 1 thing to say .. if youll remember the Subaru's 1st or 2nd run (Dunno which car it was pitted up against) The car had a bad start and the opponent was like a second or 2 ahead but by the end of the 400 meters the Subaru was 3 seconds ahead of the other car ... And yes the car was beaten by an esteem but you even gotta understand what all the esteem was running and what problems the subaru was facing ...

And danalal the car had awful runs and dint live upto the expectations AGREED !! But it dint get SMOKKKKKKKEDDD as you said .. Getting smokkkkkedd will be if he was atleast 2-3 second off the opponent .. Most guys gotta step down to the strip or track and understand what goes on over there rather than posting on the forum without knowing what happens out there .

The other scooby had an awesome run ...dint expect it to come But was gr8 to see it after 2 years .... The chrome job on the sl55amg was SUPERB ! The amby was gr8 to watch ... will post pictures and videos soon

Last edited by varun_patra : 19th February 2007 at 13:39.
Old 19th February 2007, 13:40   #97
Team-BHP Support

My take for the day was the Fiat with the Conti engine, launching better and faster than the Skoda RS'. RWD is a boon on drags.

RTech thanks for the synopsis. Just a question, didn't the Supra do a faster run than the Black WRX? I saw it doing a run in the 12's.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th February 2007 at 13:44.
Old 19th February 2007, 13:43   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 View Post
Dan,
I had a ride in that car the nite before and trust me it does what it was initially quoting.. there was a wastegate problem on that car.. and there was zero boost on the car thats why the first run was 14.xx and the second was 16.xx coz by then it was running like a naturally aspirated car...

It was so hot yesterday that the intercoolers were heating up like mad.. My practise run was 15.012 with RT of 0.512 sec.. But when we lined up for the run we were kept stranded on the line up for almost 10 min.. and the car runnning in that heat.. the moment i let go of my clutch instead of taking off my car just dipped.. and i almost lost like a second there.. Next time i will have someone splash water on the intercooler of spray it will Liquid nitorgen getting the intercooler down to zero degree...
hEY Evo6 .... was the blue TT yours ? Cuz the blue colour looked aweeesome on the TT ...
Old 19th February 2007, 13:52   #99
Team-BHP Support

Guys, enough flaming please. This thread is about reports on the speedrun. Anything going off topic or heading for an argument WILL be deleted.
Old 19th February 2007, 13:59   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
I never hyped up the car in such a way ... i Just mentioned the figures it was producing . Yes the car dint perform well .. and the times were deteriorating run by run and that was due to some problem with the turbo ... and as far as the amount of power that the car had i only got 1 thing to say .. if youll remember the Subaru's 1st or 2nd run (Dunno which car it was pitted up against) The car had a bad start and the opponent was like a second or 2 ahead but by the end of the 400 meters the Subaru was 3 seconds ahead of the other car ... And yes the car was beaten by an esteem but you even gotta understand what all the esteem was running and what problems the subaru was facing ...

And danalal the car had awful runs and dint live upto the expectations AGREED !! But it dint get SMOKKKKKKKEDDD as you said .. Getting smokkkkkedd will be if he was atleast 2-3 second off the opponent .. Most guys gotta step down to the strip or track and understand what goes on over there rather than posting on the forum without knowing what happens out there .

The other scooby had an awesome run ...dint expect it to come But was gr8 to see it after 2 years .... The chrome job on the sl55amg was SUPERB ! The amby was gr8 to watch ... will post pictures and videos soon
Mr. Varun Patra, exactly what I meant-- a stock 275bhp did 14.5 secs[and it can keep doing it day in and day out] with a extra cautious driver, and a supposedly 700bhp blown/worked on black scooby did the best of 14.75secs!!! should have done max12.00secs with 2.5 times the power!!!
These cars are Not Meant to be worked on by novices. Dependabilty goes to ZERO!!!

Old 19th February 2007, 14:13   #101
BHPian

ok guys.. how old is everyone here?

go out to ur fridge... sip a cold cola.. or drink some cold water if ur out of em i dont think ive ever seen such flame wars on this thread..never thought i would either. mihirs a great driver. tough luck on the sti.... just one of those days where things dont go according to planned.. we all have em dont we?
Old 19th February 2007, 14:35   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
And yes the car was beaten by an esteem but you even gotta understand what all the esteem was running and what problems the subaru was facing ...
Guys please i only get 2 minutes on this forum per hour,coz i got my boards.I really want to know

Whose esteem was that,and what did it clock
What was Keshavs/Psychos E.T.???????????
Old 19th February 2007, 14:40   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just one of those days where things dont go according to planned..
Everybody gets just one day!!

Psycho's ET was 15.8xxs
Old 19th February 2007, 14:48   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

heyy ,
here is the pic. of the modded PADMINI ;

And this is N1's Amby;

Last edited by karan561 : 19th February 2007 at 14:49.
Old 19th February 2007, 14:54   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Guys please i only get 2 minutes on this forum per hour,coz i got my boards.I really want to know

Whose esteem was that,and what did it clock
What was Keshavs/Psychos E.T.???????????
Read my earlier post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Keshav took top honours (ET:15.846 RT:0.896 TT:16.742) with his teammate Vasu taking second (ET:16.761 RT0.735 TT:17.496).

Keshav further improved his time with a 15.635 ET on an unofficial run.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks