Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2007, 15:17   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

It was fun. I had a great time. All team-BHPians sat together in the so-called VIP section and shouted at everyone else to sit down.
I truly hated day one and truly enjoyed day two.

I also got to see from inside, timing scoring, organising (having an all-access pass, that you guys will think was wasted on me)

I don't care who thinks it was badly organised. I know and I saw the organisers working their backsides off in the sun. Including our own RT and 2L8, roasting and sweating.

Thank you for everything, everyone. The company, the knowledge (As you know, I do not know so much about automobiles). I had great fun and learned a lot on Sunday.

What I also learned is that I will never go to see 100cc ratty, dirty motorbikes with missing parts racing on cycle tyres again.
Old 19th February 2007, 15:19   #107
Senior - BHPian

@karan - thanks a lot. . u guys took just one pic of the car. (me want more)

@guys - the car looks like a FIAT 1100d and not a Padmini. it has the 1100d front grill and the head lights are pretty low as compared to my Padmini.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 19th February 2007 at 15:29.
Old 19th February 2007, 15:24   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

i wasnt racing ... so i missed the action .... so my friend had clicked sum pics. , so got it through him .......
Old 19th February 2007, 15:29   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

some more pix. ;
AR - motorsports' NISSAN 240 SX ;

And off course KS' EVO - 7 ;
Old 19th February 2007, 16:00   #110

it gotttttt smokkkedd?? do u evn race?? or drive?...its very easy for on lookers to comment on races..try takin part in one..maybe then you would know it a little better..and about the subaru...the waste gate had a majot leak because it bottomed out hard on a speed breaker near the drag..it was running with 0 boost...in other words the turbo sensor on the exhaust wasnt reading anything thats why the turbo wasnt spooling...
Old 19th February 2007, 16:30   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans_enemy View Post
it gotttttt smokkkedd?? do u evn race?? or drive?...its very easy for on lookers to comment on races..try takin part in one..maybe then you would know it a little better..and about the subaru...the waste gate had a majot leak because it bottomed out hard on a speed breaker near the drag..it was running with 0 boost...in other words the turbo sensor on the exhaust wasnt reading anything thats why the turbo wasnt spooling...

hey MIHIR u are right,,its easy to comment,,but its reallllly tuff to participate n show ur skills,
well you did well bro,,better luck next time,,
atleast you took part in the speed run, it was far better than being just a COMMENTATOR cum SPECTATOR,,,
Old 19th February 2007, 16:35   #112
BANNED

It looks as if the Speed Run leads to a lot of slanging even in the online world ....... and those who luv ripping apart them poor cars that didnt run as per your expectations, GET A LIFE !!! Sitting at home and running teh turbos is a very easy job , get out in teh sun and do it and u suddenly will realise what a bad day can mean ....

Some smoke ... and some get smoked --- thats what its all about !!! Kudos to all you guys who took time to take part and run your babies .... instead of sitting at home and raving and ranting about times ....

Psycho@ Seems you proved yourself in the most silent manner possible --- and for that reason you seem to have switched of your phone , or is it coz you have the phone ringing asking you to prepare cars ...... WELL DONE DUDE -- specially knowing its your office car that you did that run in ... ;-)

Cheers
Old 19th February 2007, 16:45   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
the heat demanded frequent intercooler spraying!!! and still wasnt sufficient.
I think Rtech did a good job! just that he was Lil TOO cautious since it was someone else's car. Theres no way you can break/smoke anything in the Scooby STI in a drag!![unless its fooled/tampered with by semi/unqualified persons, like in the black scooby-sorry, but with my limited knowledge, no organised/renowned tuning company claims to go beyond 450bhp on the wrx, obviously for dependability reasons]
These speed runs are like club events and I go for the fun of it.
Why do people take them so seriously. wont people agree that the event was Fun all the way, for people with passion for cars and Speed!!!
I think Scooby's got the spirit of the drag spot on. The whole purpose is to have fun and not participate in a one-upmanship game like a lot of people would like it to be(Ladies go home!! No offence meant to the women members of the forum, just a figure of speach). Please guys take this all in the spirit of the game and dont go over board with personal attacks and name calling (where are the mods now). This is a forum of like minded people and anyone who does not understand this spirit of oneness can find another place to complain, bicker and banter...I mean get a life instead of .."my car is better than urs and my tuners better than all"...I think i have spoken for the most of us (with your permissions of course)
we are all friends here and lets keep it that way. Any personal issues, settle with a PM or however else u want but dont make this a chat thread please. If anyone has a problem with what i have said, PM me.!!
Old 19th February 2007, 16:55   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
we are all friends here and lets keep it that way. Any personal issues, settle with a PM or however else u want but dont make this a chat thread please. If anyone has a problem with what i have said, PM me.!!
Spot on V-16 & Scooby. I think we all need to mature a bit more. I see the general feeling of many here is "if you can't win, don't compete". The sooner we get over that, we'll all have a whole lot more fun! And thats what motorsport is supposed to be, FUN!!! Hell, just get whatever you're driving out there and do the run not to prove anything, but just to be a part of it and check what your own car is capable off.
Old 19th February 2007, 17:01   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans_enemy View Post
it gotttttt smokkkedd?? ...its very easy for on lookers to comment on races..
Well said on this one Mihir, I got unlucky too as my fuel pump packed up on me on the day of the race and had to run half the boost that the car was set up to run... There is always another place and another time ( like you said esteem vs. black )

God you ought to change your nick to "RUBBERBAND" for that launch trick you use ... learnt a lot watching you and managed it out myself this time.

Bombay was good fun excepting for the swealtring heat that slowed us all down on the track, but seriously the event needs a lot more planning next time around.
Old 19th February 2007, 17:07   #116
BHPian

here my pic in todays HINDUSTAN TIMES

NOTE FROM MOD - PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES/SCANS/SCREENSHOTS OF ARTICLES WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE PUBLISHER. WE HAVE WARNED YOU ABOUT THIS A FEW TIMES BEFORE. CONSIDER THIS YOUR LAST WARNING.

one of the off track wheelie vid,,

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th February 2007 at 01:50.
Old 19th February 2007, 17:11   #117
Team-BHP Support

oh cool. u were fast. clocked 14 didnt you?
Old 19th February 2007, 17:34   #118
BANNED

Hey,
The first pic is the 300-ZX from AR Motorsports. not 240 ZX.

Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
some more pix. ;
AR - motorsports' NISSAN 240 SX ;
Old 19th February 2007, 17:36   #119
Team-BHP Support

ok. Managed to upload a few video's.

First, Psyco's winning run.
Psyco's winning run - Google Video

Monkey's run. Note his reaction. very well timed!
Monkey's run - Google Video

Viper's Vtec.
Vipers run in the Vtec - Google Video
Old 19th February 2007, 17:38   #120
BHPian

Day 2 was good fun. The only scary bit was the ppl driving like crazy outside the venue. We had to stay stationary for 5 mins in our car for those ppl to complete their "stunts" on trafficated roads whilst they decided against participating on the strip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks