Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2007, 23:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

Tuned cars are temperamental, duuuude. Organisers and events cannot afford to be.
Old 26th February 2007, 23:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thanks for image man, that gives some idea about how paddy fields look. Looking forward to the closeup pic.
.. I couldnt stop laughing !

Offtopic ..There was a time when Kodial bail in M'lore was actually a real "bail" instead of rows of houses/flats.
Old 27th February 2007, 23:15   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Tuned cars are temperamental, duuuude. Organisers and events cannot afford to be.
you should take note of the slight improvements in the event over the last couple of years that i have atleast been around the event.
to mention a few:

1. change in venue
2. timing screens, though the exit speed screens werent around this year
3. no people running around the strip, or even just sitting on the edges, this was a serious issue in the 2005 speedrun.
4. this time, a vip (maybe it wasnt as pleasant as last year, but watteva) pass could not be used multiple times to get extra people in, they were really strict and sharp this time. the overcrowding in the vip stands must have probably happened dut to issuing extra passes, etc

i m sure i'm probably missing a couple of things, so basically the event is growing, imho give it a couple of more years, let more corporates take notice and this thing will be close to what we want it to be.

manson.
Old 28th February 2007, 00:37   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
you should take note of the slight improvements in the event over the last couple of years that i have atleast been around the event.

i m sure i'm probably missing a couple of things, so basically the event is growing, imho give it a couple of more years, let more corporates take notice and this thing will be close to what we want it to be.

manson.
Well, speaking from a competitor's angle (I've been there), ACI constantly mucks up with the classes and classifications. Results are announced wrong, cars are put in the wrong classes, classes are created and disbanded without participants' knowledge, etc. While this may not be visible to a spectator, it causes great strife in the pits and the briefings. And I know atleast 3 BHPians who are with me on this.

Basically when you are putting your name to something, and you claim to be a responsible corporate, you are not given too many chances to prove your worth. One or two Speedruns should have been enough for ACI to iron out the wrinkles and get it done with. A CIP approach isn't winning anyone over. As you can see here, a majority of petrolheads aren't too happy. Can you imagine how the aam janta feels: haan those engine-vengine people, halla bahut machate hain, lots of people pulling stunts on public roads, my kids are not safe here. No one is going to want to have anything to do with racing.

And you can forget about corporates taking notice. This is kirkit land.
Old 28th February 2007, 00:59   #80
Team-BHP Support

Dont expect the corporates to jump on to the motorsports bandwagon overnight, compare the involvement of corporates in the inian motorsport five years back to what it is now. From the little i know, a good hange is always a gradual one.

Lets face it, speedrun, however good or bad, hasgiven some serious boost to the inidian motorsports scenario, and is the main reason for the rise in nos. of tuners, demand for aftermarket performance parts, etc.
It has to an extent been a reason for bread and butter to the tuners who complain and curse the event now, if it wasnt for the speedrun they would be a plain NOBODY!!

To add, i have never participated, so have not had a chance to go through what you, and other partcipants have, plainly speaking from a spectator point of view.

manson.
Old 28th February 2007, 01:09   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont expect the corporates to jump on to the motorsports bandwagon overnight, compare the involvement of corporates in the inian motorsport five years back to what it is now. From the little i know, a good hange is always a gradual one.
Well, except for Speed and BP, I see the same Rolon, JK, MRF, Castrol (?), Amaron, etc for the last so many years. I don't see Reliance or Britannia jumping in, so I can't really agree with you on this.

Quote:
Lets face it, speedrun, however good or bad, hasgiven some serious boost to the inidian motorsports scenario, and is the main reason for the rise in nos. of tuners, demand for aftermarket performance parts, etc.
It has to an extent been a reason for bread and butter to the tuners who complain and curse the event now, if it wasnt for the speedrun they would be a plain NOBODY!!
This is not true. I don't know about Mumbai, but Bangalore has been hosting drag events for years. Speedrun is only the latest in the series, and the only difference is that it is, so far, an annual event. Raj Hingorani, FRK, all these people were famous way before Hormazd and Vinith came to the party.

Agreed, Speedrun is, by and large, a good thing. But as enthusiasts who put our time and effort into either watching or competing, we'd appreciate it if it were better managed, and the same gripes didn't surface every year. And I think 4 years is enough time to learn from your mistakes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks