Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2007, 15:36   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Its just that we want to do a track day at kari too .. And get to know that track also ..
Old 10th July 2014, 11:55   #47
BHPian

Giving track a try?

I. Am planning to mod my Civic, but I need to know how much difference each mod makes to my ride, the best way IMHO is to set lap times in different setups. As I cannot use my car's full potential on public roads, I wanted to take it on a track and see how I do. This is a test for me as a driver and also my car. The nearest track is the Kari speedway in Coimbatore (I stay in Thirivananthapuram). Called up the people there and they say individual cars are not allowed, they rent it out for a day at INR 4000 for 5 cars. Wondering is anyone around is interested in splitting the cost 5 ways and go there someday that is feasable for all of us? Do I have any other option? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mods please move the thread if this space is inappropriate.
Old 10th July 2014, 15:28   #48
BHPian

Re: Giving track a try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetinywanderer View Post
I. Am planning to mod my Civic, but I need to know how much difference each mod makes to my ride, the best way IMHO is to set lap times in different setups. As I cannot use my car's full potential on public roads, I wanted to take it on a track and see how I do. This is a test for me as a driver and also my car. The nearest track is the Kari speedway in Coimbatore (I stay in Thirivananthapuram). Called up the people there and they say individual cars are not allowed, they rent it out for a day at INR 4000 for 5 cars. Wondering is anyone around is interested in splitting the cost 5 ways and go there someday that is feasable for all of us? Do I have any other option? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mods please move the thread if this space is inappropriate.
Well, if you ask me, i would suggest you to do the following first -

Get the car to it's best health -

1. New air filter and spark plugs, Iridium if you can.
2. Engine flush and new Synthetic Oil.
3. Fuel system cleaner (ABRO) cycle completed before getting on to track.
4. Perfect tyres and brakes. Check all hoses and belts too.

First try out the track with the stock car. Take it gradually. Then you will get a feel where the car needs improvement. For example, you might find the breaking insufficient or maybe if the car is under-steering in tight bends. Post your findings here and then the members can suggest accordingly. Generally there are different stages (1 to 5 ) of tuning which are designed to take the car to the next level along with the driver, as he builds up experience.
Old 10th July 2014, 17:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
Well, if you ask me, i would suggest you to do the following first -

Get the car to it's best health -

1. New air filter and spark plugs, Iridium if you can.
2. Engine flush and new Synthetic Oil.
3. Fuel system cleaner (ABRO) cycle completed before getting on to track.
4. Perfect tyres and brakes. Check all hoses and belts too.

First try out the track with the stock car. Take it gradually. Then you will get a feel where the car needs improvement. For example, you might find the breaking insufficient or maybe if the car is under-steering in tight bends. Post your findings here and then the members can suggest accordingly. Generally there are different stages (1 to 5 ) of tuning which are designed to take the car to the next level along with the driver, as he builds up experience.
1. Air filter i shall, but changing spark plugs will make any noticeable change in performance?
2. On my check list.
3. Will look into that too.
3. By perfect you mean new tyres and brake pads? Both my tyres and brake pads still have almost 50% life left.

Thank you for your input though

Wish the track was available for individuals at affordable price for a specified time. Would go there often if this was the case.
Old 10th July 2014, 18:18   #50
BHPian

If 50% life is left in brake-pads, then go with new-ones. On a track-day you will be taking your car and yourself to their respective limits, and that point you will need more than adequate stopping power. A track-day can cause serious wear to brakes and tyres so, consider those expenses as well.

There's a very useful post by Prithwi, you might want to go through it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3035562

Rs. 4000 per day for 5 cars sounds too good to be true. It might be 4000/car. One shouldn't compare BIC with Kari but the price there for one session (~45 minutes) is Rs 4500/car. 4000 for 5 cars will mean 800/car which sounds extremely low to me.
Old 10th July 2014, 19:06   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
4000 per day for 5 cars sounds too good to be true. It might be 4000/car. One shouldn't compare BIC with Kari but the price there for one session (~45 minutes) is Rs 4500/car. 4000 for 5 cars will mean 800/car which sounds extremely low to me.
Its INR 40000, I"m sorry was using my phone, and blackberries aren't that great for typing in web content.

Also, thanks for the input. Wish i could give a try at BIC. Any other affordable tracks in south? Where they let individual cars use the track on a hourly basis? Its difficult to arrange 5 cars and its a bit on the expensive side (8000 per head).
thetinywanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 20:08   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Its INR 40000, I"m sorry was using my phone, and blackberries aren't that great for typing in web content.

Also, thanks for the input. Wish i could give a try at BIC. Any other affordable tracks in south? Where they let individual cars use the track on a hourly basis? Its difficult to arrange 5 cars and its a bit on the expensive side (8000 per head).
Head to the MMRT track in Sriperumbudur. The occasional Sunday afternoon b/w 2-5 is open for public to 'pay and practice' in their road cars. You'll have to call them ahead and check which Sunday is designated for it though since they usually have races planned. Costs Rs.2500/- per driver/car entry per afternoon.
http://www.madrasmotorsports.in/index.php?current=home
kryptonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 23:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
If 50% life is left in brake-pads, then go with new-ones. On a track-day you will be taking your car and yourself to their respective limits, and that point you will need more than adequate stopping power. A track-day can cause serious wear to brakes and tyres so, consider those expenses as well.

There's a very useful post by Prithwi, you might want to go through it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3035562

Rs. 4000 per day for 5 cars sounds too good to be true. It might be 4000/car. One shouldn't compare BIC with Kari but the price there for one session (~45 minutes) is Rs 4500/car. 4000 for 5 cars will mean 800/car which sounds extremely low to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
Head to the MMRT track in Sriperumbudur. The occasional Sunday afternoon b/w 2-5 is open for public to 'pay and practice' in their road cars. You'll have to call them ahead and check which Sunday is designated for it though since they usually have races planned. Costs Rs.2500/- per driver/car entry per afternoon.
http://www.madrasmotorsports.in/index.php?current=home
Thank you very much for the information. I will check this tomorrow And you said their cars? Aren't we allowed to take our own cars?
Old 10th July 2014, 23:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
1. Air filter i shall, but changing spark plugs will make any noticeable change in performance?
2. On my check list.
3. Will look into that too.
3. By perfect you mean new tyres and brake pads? Both my tyres and brake pads still have almost 50% life left.

Thank you for your input though

Wish the track was available for individuals at affordable price for a specified time. Would go there often if this was the case.
Yes, on track I feel you will definately find a difference with the iridium's.. only a placebo on the roads. And about the tyres, it's up to you. 50% doesn't seem bad, so go ahead with those. Regarding the brake pads, again 50% is a good place to be, but once you got a feel for it, you can upgrade to high performance after market ones when these get shot.

About the fuel treatment liquid, the recent season of 5th gear aired a special episode on it with dyno figures, get a hold of that epiosde. Also there is an other episode which answers all your questions about mods before goin on to a track, the tried a clieo with a begginer lady driver and have solid statistical data. Get a hild of the episode too. Will help you making decisions.
Old 11th July 2014, 14:46   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much for the information. I will check this tomorrow And you said their cars? Aren't we allowed to take our own cars?
Our own cars ;-), not theirs
Old 11th July 2014, 22:28   #56
BHPian

Re: Planning next track day

So, i contacted MMSC and they told me they charge INR 2000 for four hours on the track which i think is really great. The track isn't free for a couple of weeks, will be free on 18th of next month. This will give me some time to get prepared. Also i'm interested in entering motorsports sometime down the line, gong to coimbatore next weekend as i hear there is a racing event being held there, will give me a glimpse of the current scenes and what to expect also if i am lucky will get to meet few people who are into this field. Will be taking my DSLR, will keep you guys posted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks