Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 17:19   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways
permits making and issuing an SR
This SR stands for the Supplementary Regulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
From what i had read in other SR threads
This stands for SpeedRun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi
Why the doubt nitrous?
Im surprised just the ECU made all the difference that it could beat an undertyred Turbo esteem.
Good exhibition for the Racedynamics ECU.
Old 13th August 2007, 17:27   #92
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Can someone else confirm? RD? v1p3r??
It was running everything stock with just the OE air filter removed. And ofcourse the ECU.

Farhan, could you PM me the details of the mega track day event? Since I am organizing one at Kari during the same time. Lets see if we can space them.

Quote:
Im surprised just the ECU made all the difference that it could beat an undertyred Turbo esteem.
Good exhibition for the Racedynamics ECU.
In a 1/8th mile the 0-60ft times matter the most. Do keep in mind that the car with more power will also spin its wheels a lot more thus loosing precious time on launch. Though crossing the midrange the modded cars are sure to have an added benefit. But a lot depends on the launch.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 13th August 2007 at 17:30.
Old 13th August 2007, 17:50   #93
BHPian

Some Pics that I shot yday... Anyone who wants a high resolution, ( 3456*2304 ), please PM me.

Last edited by neoranjit : 13th August 2007 at 17:58.
Old 13th August 2007, 18:14   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
This stands for SpeedRun.
Yes. I was referring to the same (SR=SpeedRun).
Old 13th August 2007, 18:20   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
In a 1/8th mile the 0-60ft times matter the most. Do keep in mind that the car with more power will also spin its wheels a lot more thus loosing precious time on launch. Though crossing the midrange the modded cars are sure to have an added benefit. But a lot depends on the launch.
So hypothetically which car would have won if it was a quarter mile dash? Consider launching techniques are similar for both cars.

P.S. Nice lookin speed gun in the 6th pic posted by Neoranjith (one with the cayenne).

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th August 2007 at 18:28.
Old 13th August 2007, 18:41   #96
Senior - BHPian

Got one more video. I think this is Psycho's Esteem against RDKarthik's Esteem.

Old 13th August 2007, 18:48   #97
BHPian

The speedgun was off Narian Karthikeyan's car .. Was used by his team.
Old 13th August 2007, 20:19   #98
BHPian

Video of the Cayenne Vs the Lancer
Old 13th August 2007, 20:20   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
So hypothetically which car would have won if it was a quarter mile dash? Consider launching techniques are similar for both cars.
Quarter mile dash it will obviously be the car that is either running on NOS or TURBO unless you have one Mr. Mihir Dharkar driving in a NA car. All FI cars will have good mid-top end power with the revs truely opening up in 3rd gear (and 4th in case of a really short ratio box). Btw what gear did you guys complete the 1/8th mile in and what was the speedo when you passed under the bridge?
Old 13th August 2007, 20:30   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Btw what gear did you guys complete the 1/8th mile in and what was the speedo when you passed under the bridge?
When i was draggin with the swift i had just shifted into 3rd and accelerated a bit (redlined each gear) when i was approaching the finish line. Did around 125kmph on the speedo when i passed the finish line. Not sure when i was going against the turbo'd esteem.
Old 13th August 2007, 22:52   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nope. The list of cars that participated - Esteem's, Vtec's, zens (one white zen was really fast and kept pace with a vtec. Dunno whether he won against it but he was really quick), the Cayenne, Mivec, Swift, Chevy Rolon, and a Maruti 800 whose driver was so pepped up, he was doing high speed runs in the pit lane too (after the event was over)

that zen was a really fast car and somehow very smooth too...it wasnt lifting up its front while gear changes also and maintained an excellent poise...
i think in one of the runs, it came first against one of the blue CITYs with a "reddy" sticker all over the car.. dunno whether that car is from our forum ? btw - were any of the CITYs from the forum ?
Old 14th August 2007, 00:12   #102
BHPian

Well the weekend was fun !! We were all looking forward to driving on the track, with the added bonus being the 1/8th drag... Thanks Sideways and Psycho for organizing stay and the rest......

This knockouts are real fun provided there are'nt too many entries..We thought we could get some good mapping sessions driving on the track on saturday, but we were so involved in driving focussing on lines, brake points, turn-ins, etc, we did'nt get to do any ( thanks Poncho !! ).. Maybe track days should come with a statutory warning ...

I had mapped our car in Bangalore and had forgotten to put in corrections for altitude, which made the car knock and go lean in the practice run,, but thankfully manged to load in corrections before the actual runs. Chennai's weather ( with fairly aggressive mapping) saw our stock esteem comfortably rev to 8000RPM - lucky chennai blokes !!!!

I got runs with an 800, a grey esteem (quad carbed ??), psycho's tced esteem, a porsche cayenne and a nitrous fed city vtec...

@nitrous and @sap - My esteem is and was stock but for the standalone ECU. I had removed the airfilter for the runs though.

As mcl said, its not all about brute power on a 1/8th mile...

Videos and pics coming soon.....

Last edited by rdkarthik : 14th August 2007 at 00:13.
Old 14th August 2007, 00:29   #103
BANNED

You guys drove on track on Saturday too? But weren't the single seater races happening?
Old 14th August 2007, 02:08   #104
Senior - BHPian

At this point, i see that the swift is having a very small lead against the esteem. Did you have a bad launch ?
Old 14th August 2007, 02:39   #105
BHPian

hi Nayaran the only Zen on the track belongs to me, this was my first race and sadly there was no other 1liter to race with so I had to race the 1.4 liter category.. I first raced against the black swift and won with a good two car lead, then in Indian open I raced with Yuvraj's Honda where I kind of kept up for about 150 meters. My final race was against the turbo esteem I pushed the car to an amazing 9300 RPM on that run and gave it my best. I had the esteem for 150 meters, i launched perfect, and as soon as i shifted to third i guess the esteems turbo kicked in and just 50 meters before the finish he took the flag. But i was really happy with all my runs. I just look at it as a good learning experience. I just hope there are a few 1liter cars the next race, so i can race in my category.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks