Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2005, 21:26   #16
BANNED

Crash Info

ok ppl.... the guy that crashed was the sardar.... he is ok... fractured his hip and has MAJOR BIG TIME ROAD RASH... but will suivive.
Got news from the guy that he was dragging against.
This guy took the loss pretty bad... so after the line he kept accellerating... just so that he could have the satisfaction of thinking that he beat someone....lost control... hit the median... LUCKILY he fell off the bike coz I believe that it flew and cartwheeled 15 feet in the air before coming down and threw the guy into the plants that are in the median.
Lets all just hope and pray that he recovers completely.... but lets not forget that this is motorsports and you have to realise that it can be fatal.

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 20th February 2005 at 21:30.
Old 20th February 2005, 21:32   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
was it the 2005 busa.....?
no it was not the 2005
Old 20th February 2005, 22:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

It was absolutley the most disorganised event I have ever been to. My solution, make people pay for entry, and give them more facilities. If anybody plans to go to Speedrun 2006, forget the VIP passes man. Get a place 100m down the start line, when the cars have just shifted upto 2nd, and I can assure you its the best place to be. Of course you don't get shade, and free Red Bull, and in all probablility you will suffer from sun stroke, but hell, no pain, no gain. Also, the Bandra-Worli Sealink, is the worst venue you could probably find for the event. Concrete surface, cross winds, limited braking area at the end combined with a turn at the end of 400 m of hard accleration, is a disaster in the offing.

There was too much show boating in the event, more like a circus. They had a parade of the foreign cars, for what?

The security needs to learn to deal with the crowd better. Abusing is uncalled for, so is lathi action. Those guys need to realise that pissing off a few hundred people is not their priority. Instead of having 3 security guards every 3 feet reaching out for your hand, to ask me for my pass, is uncalled for. Divert the manpower to keep the ruffians off the track, and they probably wouldn't have had to kill the latter part of the event on Saturday. For all the publicity that they do, they should have expected the turnout.

Except for the Indian classes, and Foreign Class bikers, and a few notables such as the EVO VI, the Civic Type-R, the SL55, the Corvette, the Elise and S2000, and the Mustang, the cars weren't being driven to their full potential. If they really want to make it a Page 3 event, keep us out of it, please. If not, get some proper petrolheads involved in the event and would end up being an absolute blast. For what is the 2 most action packed days in the year, it was very disappointing.

P.S.: There is no 900 BHP skyline. Hats off to the guy who started the fire, hell it did spread.
Old 20th February 2005, 22:31   #19
BANNED

Quote:
P.S.: There is no 900 BHP skyline. Hats off to the guy who started the fire, hell it did spread.
hahaha... Will let him know....

Last edited by Stratos : 20th February 2005 at 22:33.
Old 20th February 2005, 22:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

crowd control was a total disaster...sad.

Drifter
Old 20th February 2005, 23:24   #21

also the public wasnt informed of wats goin on... the times...etc...
the crowd control sucked!

Last edited by tachometer : 20th February 2005 at 23:28.
Old 20th February 2005, 23:35   #22
bhp
BHPian

they even did not let the participats in one the second day who did not qualify and even no timings were given to cars that did not qualify
strange and very rude
Old 20th February 2005, 23:45   #23

i completely agree with u Ported Head it was the most unorganised event i have ever seen. they could have made a different stand for the spectators and could have made passes or tickets and the event management really sucked. the security people did not know what they were doing .............. they did took one of my friend inside who had a vip pass and did not give him the parking also as he had the pass .......... there must be some serious action taken regarding all this matter...........the event management team i.e the HUNGAMA and AUTOCAR and BP should know what do people feel .............. actually i think the venue [track] is not proper ...... i think they should change the venue to palm beach road[new bombay] or pawan hans[vile parle]that is what i think..........i hope we see a better event next year .............. atleast there should be know accidents cause for the last three years there are just accidents happening.............thats all for now ........... bye
Old 20th February 2005, 23:52   #24

i think it was a 2000 busa and it is in a very bad shape i saw it in the evening closely...............i think the guys name who owns this bike is karan ................. the mags have broken.............the full front T is broken apart ..........the engine is broken..........the silencers,full fibre body. is broken ........... basically the whole bike is a total loss.........nothing can be done its better to buy a new one than repairing the same ..........its a total scrap
Old 20th February 2005, 23:53   #25

the guy from hungama said "this is a brand building exercise. we dont want to make money out of it. we dont need it."

i think they get thumbs down if it was a brand building exercise et all!!! wakk!

to make a proper mile dragstrip somewhere in bandra kurla is a better option... it could be used every year... and yea... charging entry fees would make it such simpler... the ending part was really sad... abusing the spectators whoever that xxxxxxxxxxx badger sucker moron was.....

hungama should be written a letter about this. either improve or end it.

peace.

Note from Moderator - Language that you have used is not tolerated on TBHP.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st February 2005 at 08:11.
Old 20th February 2005, 23:56   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpower
i think it was a 2000 busa and it is in a very bad shape i saw it in the evening closely...............i think the guys name who owns this bike is karan ................. the mags have broken.............the full front T is broken apart ..........the engine is broken..........the silencers,full fibre body. is broken ........... basically the whole bike is a total loss.........nothing can be done its better to buy a new one than repairing the same ..........its a total scrap

oh ****e.... thts real sad... is there some special kind of insurance or sumthing for these kind of events? hope so karan recoveres soon.

any pics of the accident?

peace.
Old 21st February 2005, 01:08   #27
BHPian

God help the organisers. This has got to be the most pathetically organised event I have seen in my life. I think BPCL, AutoCar and Hungama need to get their act together or Speed Run 2006 will have only rich men racing their expensive machines for the Page 3 crowd to go ga ga over it.
There are a few points that I think the organisers should note:
1) What happens to the real enthusiast who hasnt managed to aquire a special VIP pass that they so proudly print with "entry by invitation only", I mean come on man its a spectators event, let people who want to watch it, watch it. SO, basically the real enthusiast stands in the sun without water, amongst 20,000 other people, to watch while invitees, half of whom have no clue about whats happening sit in the shade and watch comfortably.
2) Organise the event at a better place like an air field or something, set up lights and race at night like it is done in many places around the world. That way you can easily have crowds standing in the open without people fainting.
3) Sell tickets for the event.

P.S. It was quite funny actually, but there was this dude who was referring to the 360 Spider as "latest ferrari" and to the SL55 as SLR and was teaching his bunch of pals all about the race.
Old 21st February 2005, 02:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG
P.S. It was quite funny actually, but there was this dude who was referring to the 360 Spider as "latest ferrari" and to the SL55 as SLR and was teaching his bunch of pals all about the race.
Yeah, it was hilarious! I heard a bunch of guys calling the SL55 an SLR as well, and try as I might to explain the difference, they carried on! I even heard one guy call Neville's Mustang a Contessa! That was the wildest remark I heard all day!

As for the management of the event, I would call it a complete farce. I was there both days; Saturday near the finish line and Sunday about 100m from the start. On Saturday I got to see the finishes, which were quite good. For the first part of Sunday, I saw virtually nothing, there were so many people, then finally after much squeezing and squirming, I got to the railing and managed to watch the drags.

I agree that they need to charge to allow spectators. There were kids from the nearby slums running around on the track on Saturday. Can you imagine what would have happened if one of them got hurt? There would have been an instant riot at the event! On Sunday they had the sense to barricade the entire length of the track, but then the crowd tore down the scaffolding anyway. There were even 8 guys standing on TOP of the two porta-loos! And what about that irritating female compere? I mean quit begging the crowd to cheer for an event where they are treated like **** and don't get to see anything. Give everyone something to cheer for, and maybe they'll cheer without your constant goading!

This was the first time I actually came to a Speed Run, and I was disappointed to say the least. It could be so much more, but what it was, was quite sad.
Old 21st February 2005, 02:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

As for the crashed Hayabusa, I hope the guy recovers soon and learns a thing or two from the experience.

Final thought...did anyone else think the ladies' class San Storm event was a complete waste of time and was totally boring, not to mention that running a single car because the two cars that were present were unevenly prepared just shows how badly planned this event was!
Old 21st February 2005, 13:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Probably the lady who was driving the single available San Storm was wife/daughter/whatever to a vvip and could have put a recommendation to the organizers to allow her to race. Suggest her somethingelse for becoming a fool.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks