Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2005, 02:36   #46
BHPian

well as mentioned by all my felow TBhpians I too have my share of complaints too... some things to ponder over from this years drag are,
1. I believe its hightime that the organisers think of a different venue to host the drag/2 very serious accidents in 3 yrs is alarming!!! say Pawanhans airstrip??
2. A digital scren displaying timings and results of each drag,please steer clear those compearers off!! ...firstly its distracting and secondly you can't hear a word.
3. Make some passes available for sale this way they can generate some revenue and also ensure that some true car enthusiasts get a chance to view it closely rather than giving out passes to some fancy people...with liite or nil knowledge about them.
4. Lastly no 'press' entry into the VIP stand
Old 22nd February 2005, 02:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Anyone have a large swathe of land available to set-up a professionally run and managed drag strip like they have all over the world?
Old 22nd February 2005, 02:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Yay!!! Finally got to 101 posts!!!
Old 22nd February 2005, 03:15   #49
BHPian

Dhoom did bring in loads of ghaati ppl to the event, and the same movie also showed a friggin monkey riding a bandit without a Helmet, and a Busa rider doing a stoppie just metres after crossing the finish line, what kind of ideas are they trying to implicate into the minds of the young ppl by showing such horribly unsafe stupidity?
The best thing I liked about the speed run was that the competitors had gone to extreme ways to lighten their cars/bikes, also ppl got to see a proper drag prepped busa with a longer swingarm, I think it was Dom's, kewl stuff man, keep it up.
If they conduct the 2006 speed run at reclaimation, I dont think there are going to be any 1000cc+ bikes participating for the drags.
Old 22nd February 2005, 11:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure she was, but all I got was her annoying commentary, I didn't get anywhere near the start line on either day!
Is it the same hot(not neck above) girl with the same annoying commentary that was at the B'lore drag??!!

Hope the next time around, the drags are conducted roperly and all get to enjoy the fun 'safely'.....
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

You mean she was only hot from the neck down??!! Oh the in'umanity of it all! Surely someone has some pics of this hottie!
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

she had a pretty face also.....with the hot body
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:56   #53
Team-BHP Support

Nice girl. she's a Bandra local herself. Does a lot of events such as the MRF karting championship and the Motocross championships.
Old 22nd February 2005, 22:20   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by topend_hooligan
Dhoom did bring in loads of ghaati ppl to the event, and the same movie also showed a friggin monkey riding a bandit without a Helmet, and a Busa rider doing a stoppie just metres after crossing the finish line, what kind of ideas are they trying to implicate into the minds of the young ppl by showing such horribly unsafe stupidity?
The best thing I liked about the speed run was that the competitors had gone to extreme ways to lighten their cars/bikes, also ppl got to see a proper drag prepped busa with a longer swingarm, I think it was Dom's, kewl stuff man, keep it up.
If they conduct the 2006 speed run at reclaimation, I dont think there are going to be any 1000cc+ bikes participating for the drags.

HOW ABOUT THE BIGGEST GHAATI OF THEM ALL... JOHN ABRAHAM... COMING IN ON HIS ZX12 WITHOUT A HELMET?... NO ONE COMMENTING ABT THAT? TSK TSK TSK
Old 22nd February 2005, 22:43   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HOW ABOUT THE BIGGEST GHAATI OF THEM ALL... JOHN ABRAHAM... COMING IN ON HIS ZX12 WITHOUT A HELMET?... NO ONE COMMENTING ABT THAT? TSK TSK TSK
Damn didnt even see where he was or when he came and when he left

Dippy
Old 22nd February 2005, 22:56   #56
Awaiting Email Confirmation

john came in to make everyone aware that hes got the zx12(2005) that sucked karan(silver busa) is recovering from road rash and a thigh injury (fracture) not the hip his brother seems really calm about the whole thing now so alls good as for a few of us those 2 days were gr8 thrills hung out with jd madhan,sideways,dom,taz,and a few others next time we'll makw sure all our guyz r in on the stands
Old 22nd February 2005, 23:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Bandra-Worli Sealink and Speed Run 2005
  • No barriers on the left.
  • No grass area in case accident occurs.
  • No tyre walls.
  • Racing suits not compulsory.
  • Participants practicing in pit area and other area occupied by the public.
  • No arrangements at all for general public.

Speed Run 2006
  • The venue must be changed. Pawan Hans is a very good place. There is enough free area if any accident occurs. Tyre walls could be set up with ease compared to Bandra-Worli Sealink.
  • Racing suits must be made compulsory. Sounds too impractical since they are expensive, but not impossible.
  • Proper arrangements like Plasma Screens or Projectors must be set for the general public also.
  • Timings/Results/Updates must be shown on the screens for everyone.
  • Participants practicing in pit area or anywhere else must be disqualified.
Old 22nd February 2005, 23:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8ULOOSE
If he would have worn a helmet, how would the crowds recognise him and then he wouldn't get the 'bhau' that he got otherwise
Old 22nd February 2005, 23:27   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Bandra-Worli Sealink and Speed Run 2005
  • No grass area in case accident occurs.
  • No tyre walls.
  • Racing suits not compulsory.
Hey Gordan, some good points there but would just like to clarify that no drag strip will have a run off area on the sides or tyre walls.

Tyre walls are only useful if the angle of impact is beyond a certain degree. If the angle of impact is low, it is always better to have a smooth surface such as a wall. Although this may sound wierd, it is infact the safest option.

As for the suits, well, instead of making a general rule for them, it should make them mandatory for bikes running below 15 seconds. For cars, it is not really a problem as yet.
Old 22nd February 2005, 23:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

yes, but in this case, there was no wall on the left lane, just a divider...
Pawan Hans could have a run-off area as well as a tyre wall.

P.S. its "Gordon"!!! not "Gordan"!!!

Last edited by Gordon : 22nd February 2005 at 23:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks