Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 19:52   #256
BHPian

Burnouts ARE allowed in the start area. Some morons were the marshalls there and hence they dont understand this. They have no clue of how a drag runs.
Ok, now the controversy. Shreyans did a burn out within the start line. Shabbir has done burn outs during every run. No-one to care but. During one of the runs, the Ferrari F540 did a burn out after the startline extending into the track for almost 50mtrs and came back to the start line in reverse. Just coz that car belongs to a star, cant they oppose? Is it allowed in the first place. what the hell are rules for. Unto each his own?

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st February 2009 at 19:39. Reason: Language.
Old 19th January 2009, 20:13   #257
Senior - BHPian

as usual we lacked organisation again. Maybe a body needs to be setup just for this
Old 19th January 2009, 20:34   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Some classes are usually allowed a burn out. Cars running stock tires are usually not allowed do burn outs.

Its a rule that varies with the category.The supra NEEDED to do the burnout.
Let me correct myself before i get flamed.THe V-tec in question was also running slicks.
Old 19th January 2009, 20:44   #259
Senior - BHPian

People who are connected with the organisers or at least know them, please take up this issue with them. May be the next time the marshals would be better trained.

Also as mentioned in the first post, volunteers were also sought by the organisers. Somehow I forgot about that part completely. At least there was one hyderabad team-bhpian who was willing to be a MC or at least as a commentator(which was missed by many).

Never the less, I felt the things went better on the second day. Good that they learnt from the mistakes on the first day(races were conducted in quick succession which was not the case on the first day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Burnouts ARE allowed in the start area. Some morons were the marshalls there and hence they dont understand this. They have no clue of how a drag runs.
Ok, now the controversy. Shreyans did a burn out within the start line. Shabbir has done burn outs during every run. No-one to care but. During one of the runs, the Ferrari F540 did a burn out after the startline extending into the track for almost 50mtrs and came back to the start line in reverse. Just coz that car belongs to a star, cant they oppose? Is it allowed in the first place. *** are rules for. Unto each his own?
I have evidence of that in a video. Do you want to contest

BTW, who is shreyan???

Raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 19th January 2009 at 20:45.
Old 19th January 2009, 21:03   #260
BHPian

Shreyansh is SSjr ,fellow member of tbhp
Old 19th January 2009, 21:23   #261
Senior - BHPian

binz what did you mean? You are going off on a tangent again.. Any car regardless of what tires or mods they ARE ALLOWED burnouts.. It is the driver to decide
Old 19th January 2009, 21:56   #262
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I have evidence of that in a video. Do you want to contest
You have evidence of a Ferrari F540 doing a Burnout ??? would love to see that .
Old 19th January 2009, 22:18   #263
BHPian

And that Ferrari was loosing grip and nearly drifting.
If a Ferrari can do a burnout into the track, why the hell should shreyans be disqualified for doing a small burn-out to warm his slicks before the startline? Its pure crap.
These officials must be shot dead. Pure morons who have no regards to the efforts put by the participants and their tuners. After flowing all the money, tuning, putting man hours and turing into a damn fast car, and not letting to participate is utter madness. And it was no crime. Every other guy with slicks DID a burn out. Why were the others not disqualified? It was basically an ego clash of some chief marshall I heard. He didnt want to pull away from his decision.
I had my own set of experiences with these stupid marshalls as well, however I got lucky.
Old 19th January 2009, 22:26   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
You have evidence of a Ferrari F540 doing a Burnout ??? would love to see that .
Guys i just want to clear some thing.

Its not Ferrari F540 but its Ferrari F430.

And i think the one which he did is not a burnout because in burnout the vehicle should be stationary and its tire rotating.
He just moved a little distance tried for a burnout but failed and stopped then he came back. Thats what i think.

here's the proof of F430

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-dsc01273.jpg
Old 19th January 2009, 22:40   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

with SyedHafeez, F430 tried but failed miserably on a burnout.

It was done wonderfully by the Supra. Stationary and the rear wheels moving like crazy with smoke all over. Wow, what a sight. Not to mention the exhaust note, which was mind boggling.
Old 19th January 2009, 22:48   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
with SyedHafeez, F430 tried but failed miserably on a burnout.

It was done wonderfully by the Supra. Stationary and the rear wheels moving like crazy with smoke all over. Wow, what a sight. Not to mention the exhaust note, which was mind boggling.
Yeah man even i loved Supra's sound when it was shifting gears.

It felt it at any time its going to burst the fire out of its exhaust.

It was really awesome and best sports car sound i ever heard.
Old 19th January 2009, 22:52   #267
Senior - BHPian

that is because the supra has a line lock which allows him to remain stationary
Old 19th January 2009, 22:59   #268
BHPian

Dude,if you know what a burnout is then u shouldnt be talking,a stationary burnout is done to heat the tires,what your friend did was a moving one.That is not allowed.It can be done after asking the organisers,Shabbir and the others asked and once the organisers okayed it,they went ahead and did the burnout.The people who you are calling morons are respected members in the racing fraternity all over India,and a part of the APMSC not just marshalls.I agree the show was not flawless,but because such an event was planned by the APMSC after a long time,there were a few rusty cogs,I am sure these will be taken care of by the next time.Instead of being harsh critics,I think you should appreciate the efforts to run the show.I also agree we guys from hyderabad may not be the best at running a drag and you guys from bangalore may be the big bosses,but since you have come to take part just bear with us till we get better.I am sure the event wasnt that bad? i can get quite a few bangalore ppl to vouch for that if not you...
Old 19th January 2009, 23:02   #269
Senior - BHPian

I'm lucky to have got rides in that supra.
feels amazing to be in it,
Old 19th January 2009, 23:03   #270
BHPian

also @fieroid if you dont know what that ferrari is called,
i dont think you should go running your mouth like that.There is no car like the F540! LOL
yours is just a case of sour grapes!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks