Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 22:10   #406
BANNED

good points Joel. the important thing is that none of the points except the last two require money. all they need is clarity of thought and minds uncluttered by ego problems. it should not take 2-3 iterations for those issues to be addressed. racers should NOT be the victims of organizational stupidity.

as I said before, the drag bowl should not be an issue if the overall organization is good. also, it should be good if APMSC was transparent about the economics of the affair. Id really like to know where the 50 buck parking fee went and how it was utilized.

a sport in its infancy should not be dragged back by lack of transparency and snobbery.
Old 9th May 2009, 01:27   #407
Senior - BHPian

I re-iterate -- please print out a copy of all the Speed Run suggestion threads on TBHP and give them to Dr Rao.
Old 9th May 2009, 02:58   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post

A few pointers from my end,
1. Better pit arrangement for the rides and the team members. A shade atleast.
2. An organised registration system and stick to schedule
3. Proper practise and qualifying run
4. Testing must be allowed for participants, in case of change of tune. With permission ofcourse.
5. The marshalls have to be a lot more courteous with participants and service vehicles must be allowed inside the pit area.
6. Timing must be displayed for all to see and timing slips if possible.
7. That drag bowl at shamshabad is just not the right place. please spot some abandoned air strip or a better place.
8. There has to be some good prize money. In the end, none of us are jokers and no-body is in the sport for charity, atleast after having spent a bomb on the builds.
Disclaimer - I am not part of the APMSC or the FMSCI. However, I have been a competitor, an organiser and an official and therefore have had to face challenges associated with all of the above.

All reasonable demands, but I would disagree with your demand #8 -better prize money. It's really simple, and I mean no offence, if it's not worth your while, then don't take part. There are certain limitations that every one has. Maybe this is theirs.

I will give you a good example, I spent a hell of a lot of money taking part in each Himalayan rally - It was not for the prize money. It was for the thrill and excitement. Beleieve me even the prize money for coming first in the Himalayan is crap (it wont even cover 10% of what you have spent), and to add to it there are further deductions for tax. Inspite of this the categories run chock a block full every year.

With reagrds to your other points -

Points 1, 5 and 7 are requests you as competitors need to make to the organiser. If these requests are not met, the Federation cannot do anything about it.

Points 2, 3, 4 and 6 - As long as the supplementary regulations cover these points and there is clarity on the same, if there is any violation on part of the organiser or the competitor, it will surely be taken up and as assured justice will be done.

Further to all of the above, and if it warrants, a protest with the relevant fee and within the required time period can be submitted to the panel of stewards who will be there personally to oversee and enforce rules and regulations as stipulated in the SR.

To cut a long stroy short, I would recommend sending in your requests for any changes well in advance to the orgainsers so as to include the same in the SR.

I hope this has helped clarify your doubts and apprehensions.

Thanx for hearing me out.

Cheers.

Last edited by Sideways : 9th May 2009 at 03:09.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:45   #409
BHPian

^#8 is not to demand some hi-fi prize money. They rather give something respectable or not give anything at all, is my opinion. The prize money during the Deccan 1/4 mile is something I feel ashamed to even post here. Will PM you if you keen.
I've been part of the Raid culture and ofcourse you cant compare that with this. Thats like a life-time thrill and an experience you'll remember all your life. If you win(which is never as easy as it sounds), you atleast get a decent fraction of your build and expenses. The Raid is a different league man, I respect anyone who even finishes all the stages.
Like vip3r said, the Speedrun suggestions must be sent to Dr Rao.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:21   #410
BHPian

Guys i was at airport today for the motocross championship and i heard that on 20th and 21 of june there is again going to be the drag...

Hope this time the organizers don't spoil the event as they did the last time..
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:06   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Guys i was at airport today for the motocross championship and i heard that on 20th and 21 of june there is again going to be the drag...

Hope this time the organizers don't spoil the event as they did the last time..
you are right, the drag is scheduled for 20th and 21st June, I think they have changed the venue this time.

Deccan Quartermile Drag - January 17 & 18th 2009-dqm-2009.jpg

Pic taken by Moeed of Highway Nawabs, Hyderabad from this thread from orkut.
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:17   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
you are right, the drag is scheduled for 20th and 21st June, I think they have changed the venue this time.

Attachment 143871

Pic taken by Moeed of Highway Nawabs, Hyderabad from this thread from orkut.
Link for the same: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...st-2009-a.html
Old 16th February 2010, 12:39   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I may come for this event. Is anybody going from Himayathnagar so i can join them? Let me know!

I'm coming too and Himayathnagar is on my way. Will pick you up if you want!
Old 21st February 2010, 15:59   #414
BHPian

Avi asked that question on 15th January 2009 at 10:14. Vinesataris atlast thought of answering it on 16th February 2010 at 12:39. Better late than never Arun, good to hear that you are so kind and considerate that you are thinking of picking up Avi, after 1 year of posting the message

Most Viewed