Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:46   #361
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I think memo's SX4 and Jays Zonda should have visited this drag .
Or your baleno for that matter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Is there a Zonda in bangalore?
There are more than a couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
No not yet dude, because I haven't won yet...
Eh ? Didnt get you. BTW the timings are out and have been posted on this thread itself.
And for you to win, you have to participate first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
So, with this background, can someone help me understand what does 'missed some gears..' mean in drag racing world and the importance of it?
In this case, Shabbir tried slotting his gear lever into the next gear but wasnt successful, may be he left the clutch too soon or didnt put it into gear properly, this means loss of time which is very important in drag races.
In case he went from 1st gear to 4th then that also means that he loses time. Thats what happened and he lost 1st place to an M3.
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:32   #362
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishaan_1990 View Post
Dude,if you know what a burnout is then u shouldnt be talking,a stationary burnout is done to heat the tires,what your friend did was a moving one.That is not allowed.It can be done after asking the organisers,Shabbir and the others asked and once the organisers okayed it,they went ahead and did the burnout.The people who you are calling morons are respected members in the racing fraternity all over India,and a part of the APMSC not just marshalls.I agree the show was not flawless,but because such an event was planned by the APMSC after a long time,there were a few rusty cogs,I am sure these will be taken care of by the next time.Instead of being harsh critics,I think you should appreciate the efforts to run the show.I also agree we guys from hyderabad may not be the best at running a drag and you guys from bangalore may be the big bosses,but since you have come to take part just bear with us till we get better.I am sure the event wasnt that bad? i can get quite a few bangalore ppl to vouch for that if not you...
Ishaan, you don't need Bangaloreans to testify about how good the event was. I - a Hyderabad guy - am making a statement that the organization was MISERABLE. you seem to get off on a Bangalore vs Hyderabad theme, probebly after watching one too many factionist movies.
bear with us? Im sure it was not that bad?? are you joking? if you want people to bear with you, you should not have taken money from them in the first place. the way this went is people came from all over, spent a bucketload of money, time and effort to be greeted by an inclined, undulating strip of road, 'babes' reading novels sitting within spitting distance of racing machines, a drag race with a failed Christmas tree and officials with no clue what a burnout was. do tell me, what good do you wish to point out in this whole farcical event?

in case you were on a different planet that day, fellow Hyderabadi friends of mine, one of whom happens to be a national karting champ were seriously considering lodging protests against the inclusion of cars in the foreign open category on the SECOND DAY after all registrations were supposedly closed. the only little problem was that there was no complaint book.
wanna know more? there were organizers soliciting the Honda S2000 at the entrance on the second day.

your stupid organizer buddies didnt even have the common sense to realize that support vehicles are part of the racing team and are entitled to be in the paddock. they were too busy shouting out threats about having all vehicles with no stickers towed out. in that case, why in blazes was the GTR allowed to stand inside then?

if you wanted to enforce one set of rules for acquaintances, P3Ps and celebrity children, you should have made it abundantly clear at the outset. not after parting people with their hard earned cash.

Quote:
also @fieroid if you dont know what that ferrari is called,
i dont think you should go running your mouth like that.There is no car like the F540! LOL
yours is just a case of sour grapes!
sour grapes, yeah right. there was ONE Ferrari that turned up and people can still get it even if someone called it a F543210.

the only reason this pathetic excuse for a race was watched by so many people was because it was the first of its kind in this place. repeat these antics once more and then see how many people turn up.

I didn't race despite having a fairly powerful machine at my disposal and don't have any vested interests in bashing you. I do feel for almost all the people who participated - some friends among them - who were done over.
the right thing for you to have said was simple. SORRY. instead, you went about like an ostrich with your head in a place that lets in no light or sound, just stinks like hell.

enough said.

- Venkat

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2009 at 17:48. Reason: No personal attacks please. Nor is any mention of alcohol permitted.
Old 3rd March 2009, 14:21   #363
BHPian

that was simply hillarious!!! Well said Venkat!!

Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
Ishaan, you don't need Bangaloreans to testify about how good the event was. I - a Hyderabad guy - am making a statement that the organization was MISERABLE. you seem to get off on a Bangalore vs Hyderabad theme, probebly after watching one too many factionist movies.
bear with us? Im sure it was not that bad?? are you joking? if you want people to bear with you, you should not have taken money from them in the first place. the way this went is people came from all over, spent a bucketload of money, time and effort to be greeted by an inclined, undulating strip of road, 'babes' reading novels sitting within spitting distance of racing machines, a drag race with a failed Christmas tree and officials with no clue what a burnout was. do tell me, what good do you wish to point out in this whole farcical event?

in case you were on a different planet that day, fellow Hyderabadi friends of mine, one of whom happens to be a national karting champ were seriously considering lodging protests against the inclusion of cars in the foreign open category on the SECOND DAY after all registrations were supposedly closed. the only little problem was that there was no complaint book.
wanna know more? there were organizers soliciting the Honda S2000 at the entrance on the second day.

your stupid organizer buddies didnt even have the common sense to realize that support vehicles are part of the racing team and are entitled to be in the paddock. they were too busy shouting out threats about having all vehicles with no stickers towed out. in that case, why in blazes was the GTR allowed to stand inside then?

if you wanted to enforce one set of rules for acquaintances, P3Ps and celebrity children, you should have made it abundantly clear at the outset. not after parting people with their hard earned cash.

sour grapes, yeah right. there was ONE Ferrari that turned up and people can still get it even if someone called it a F543210.

the only reason this pathetic excuse for a race was watched by so many people was because it was the first of its kind in this place. repeat these antics once more and then see how many people turn up.

I didn't race despite having a fairly powerful machine at my disposal and don't have any vested interests in bashing you. I do feel for almost all the people who participated - some friends among them - who were done over.
the right thing for you to have said was simple. SORRY. instead, you went about like an ostrich with your head in a place that lets in no light or sound, just stinks like hell.

enough said.

- Venkat

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2009 at 17:49. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:55   #364
Senior - BHPian

hilarious, cannot stop laughing!!
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:53   #365
Senior - BHPian

blackmagic, i guess it was a wise decision. yes, let them conduct one more and see the turnout. there were couple of powerful cars that too didn't race for obvious reasons. wait and watch??
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:08   #366
Senior - BHPian

Lol, that was hilarious. I don't think Ishaan is listening. He's a bit of a one-hit wonder.
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:07   #367
BANNED

doesn't matter whether he is listening or still has his head where I said it was.
the point is - mistakes were made and that too by an organization that calls itself 'professional'. you can either be gracious and accept them like DKG or be a pompous ostrich like Ishaan.

even the spectators have good reason to be agitated because the affair wasn't totally free. 50 bucks a day for parking in that dustbowl and the fuel it takes to get to Shamshabad aren't exactly cheap.
also, the heat out there made me shell out for 2 crates of sparkling water, but I won't count that.

if somebody from or in touch with APMSC takes them constructively, my posts will have served their purpose. Ishaan can go anywhere he wants to.

I want to race the next such event in Hyderabad and I want it to be memorable for the right reasons.

- Venkat
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:19   #368
Senior - BHPian

That was a very insightful post which has summed up the event for many of us.

Made my day as well.
Old 15th April 2009, 20:36   #369
BHPian

Listen guys,
I dont know you or have nothing against you,all I was trying to do was trying to reason with the people who had issues with the event,and when no one seemed to understand why I tried defending the event I may have came across as rude/arrogant.I wasnt defending the event for any personal benefit or motive,I did so because i just wanted you guys to let the event be as it is(and used as a learning curve for all) as notes of all the problems faced by the competitors and spectators were taken down so as not to be repeated next time around.I am very sorry if i came across like that as that was not my intension.I also apologize on behalf of the APMSC for the issues faces by people,if that was all you guys needed.I will try my best to not let any such shortcomings occur next time around.
What I would also like to say is that i really dont think team-bhp its mods and other users would want the forum to be used as a platform for public ridicule.
@blackmagic-hats off to you dude,really well written post! it gave everyone a nice laugh,
and very versatile use of adjectives! well done...
Old 20th April 2009, 13:21   #370
BANNED

Quote:
What I would also like to say is that i really dont think team-bhp its mods and other users would want the forum to be used as a platform for public ridicule.
... like this, Ishaan?

Quote:
also @fieroid if you dont know what that ferrari is called,
i dont think you should go running your mouth like that.There is no car like the F540! LOL
yours is just a case of sour grapes!

Last edited by blacmagic : 20th April 2009 at 13:22.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:16   #371
Senior - BHPian

Deccan 1/4 Mile DRAG RACE 2009.

I read in an orkut community that Deccan Quarter Mile Drag race is again held on 20th and 21st.

Can any one confirm this?
Old 4th May 2009, 17:03   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I read in an orkut community that Deccan Quarter Mile Drag race is again held on 20th and 21st.

Can any one confirm this?
Nobody in their right minds would hold it on a Wed/Thu, so probably the news is incorrect
Old 4th May 2009, 20:34   #373
BANNED

in May, that too. forget cars blowing their head gaskets, how would spectators survive the heat?
Old 4th May 2009, 23:32   #374
Senior - BHPian

I dont think APMSC has any plan to do this in May..as rightly pointed out in this torrid heat.
Old 5th May 2009, 09:35   #375
BANNED

it's likely to happen between the 20th and 25th of June, going by the Deccan Quartermile Drag's Facebook group.
this information comes straight from Mandy, one of the organizers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks