Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 08:34   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
sudev, you involved with the R D H this year?
Sure, if TT invites.
Old 19th May 2009, 15:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Congrats and all the best, Just make sure, you have adequate under body protection for your car.
Any Idea about who does it best in Delhi?
Old 19th May 2009, 15:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
I too made it to early entrant list
Great Rishi! Which car are you bringing? Is it your first time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Why not read up the las years threads? Lot of Gyaan there.
Yup Sudev! Doing that for last 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by santsharan View Post
Is the team member no 3 ready for the thrill? Would love to see the pics of this car ready to race.
Not yet! It was being grinded in the circle of life, driving between office to home daily on the food it hates the most, CNG. Will start work on it around August. Will post the pics soon.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 19th May 2009 at 15:14.
Old 20th May 2009, 18:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
I too made it to early entrant list
So you were the under dog waiting for a confirmation before you disclosed . Congrats man.

Details about your ride & preparations would be appreciated.
Old 20th May 2009, 18:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Not yet! It was being grinded in the circle of life, driving between office to home daily on the food it hates the most, CNG. Will start work on it around August. Will post the pics soon.
Hmm More wait ! ! Very impatient already
Old 20th May 2009, 18:52   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

@Vinay: best of luck buddy. All the best and do keep us posted on the vehicle build, documentation process that you took, FMSCI license insurance etc.

It will help lots & lots of fellow folks out here if you list in DETAIL the steps/procedure for each of the steps of above
Quote:
...Are'nt you thinking of testing your 'Gypsy on Steroids' in the raid? It will be a great test for your ride. Do let me know if you are....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
..@khan bhai: Are you participating?? would love to see the "GYPSY on Steroids" in HIMALAYAS .
No guys, my Gypsy will not be doing the Raid. I don't have 1.75L to spare .
Old 20th May 2009, 21:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also the esteem we will use has been running on CNG for the past 40k or so Kms. We will be taking out the kit though. Will it have any effect on the engine? Will the engine be able to take on the poundings that will be thown on it?
Talk to some guys who have done the raid previously in an Esteem to understand the weak points.

From what I gather the Esteem (or even, Baleno/Cedia) are not suited for the raid. If you notice its always the Gypsys that win the overall title whereas in other INRC events the Gypsies are nowhere near the top. Could be the rough terrain.
Old 20th May 2009, 21:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

There was a Palio driven by Manoj Vaidya which was sponsored by Fiat in one of the previous raids, hope he enters this time too
Old 20th May 2009, 22:03   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

To do Adventure-Raid is Esteem should be okay but to do Extreme-Raid is quite a challenge.
Old 29th May 2009, 10:41   #25

Quote:
Guys! The dates for the 11th Raid de Himalaya has been announced. This year too it will run two versions, concurrently, as in the last five years namely, X-Treme and the Adventure Trial.

Details can be had at H* I* M* A* L* A* Y* A* N*** M* O* T* O* R* S* P* O* R* T

We have a whole lot of experienced raiders on our community. Where are you guys?? Kindly share your thoughts and ideas for lesser mortals like yours truly and enlighten us.

Since its the first time for me, I am preparing an Esteem VXi for the Adventure trial version. Just finishing all the paper work and hope to submit the entry this week itself. (and take the early entry benefit )

Request all you experienced lot to guide me and others who are novices in the rally world on what all to take care while preparing the car. Since this time its under Adventure trial category, I am saving on roll cage and other stuff that normally Xtreme cars have. However, still, what all do I do to prepare the car.

As for the car, it's a stock 2006 Esteem VXi done around a Lac Kms.

Kindly guide!

Congrats Vinay! Raid - One hell of an experience, Driving in the Himalayas with the most inhospitable climes, terrain, conditions itself is a big achievement. Go through the regulations provided by HMA carefully http://www.raid-de-himalaya.com/2006...etrialregs.pdf, they have covered everything in this. Just make sure that your car is perfect, don't leave a single minor issue, You are in the Raid till you have your machine working fine. Staying in the game is tough as most of the newbies start getting out of the Raid from the very first day. Navigation is an important part of the Rally so make sure that you understand the road books, signs etc. well before starting.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th May 2009 at 12:09. Reason: Typo corrected :)
Old 14th June 2009, 11:13   #26
BHPian

All Set!

Guys!

All set in terms of Paper work!

Only thing left is the preparation of the team and that's something!

Any ideas who best can do the underbody protection work around Delhi?

Also who all are joining in from TBHP? Guys common, post it here!

Cheers!
Vinay
Old 14th June 2009, 11:34   #27
BHPian

Get in touch with Raj at Performance Auto. There are not many better than him in this part of India.
Old 15th June 2009, 01:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Could be the rough terrain.
Totally agree on that. Raid is all about survival. There's where the Gypsy takes the beating and survives well. Though I know someone who completed the TSD in an Alto but he had to replace many a things after the rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
To do Adventure-Raid is Esteem should be okay but to do Extreme-Raid is quite a challenge.
Yes sir agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Get in touch with Raj at Performance Auto. There are not many better than him in this part of India.
He's the only person who does it the best. Raj sir is somewhat homologous with building customized gypsies for Raid.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:30   #29
BHPian

Hey Sorry I checked this thread after a while. I am participating in Palio GTX, there is absolutely no sponsorship, I am on my own. Paperwork is through. This is my first time. I too have to get underbody and engine bay protection.

I request other senior members to guide where we can get this done.

Vinay, I saw your name in early entrants list, PM me we can prepare together. Thanks.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
Though I know someone who completed the TSD in an Alto but he had to replace many a things after the rally.
I can tell you from personal experience that any car can do the Raid (Reliability/Adventure Trial). I took a bone stock WagonR to the raid in 2006 and came back absolutely unscathed. Now I still remember the look on my fellow competitor's faces when they realized my car did not have any underbody protection. I do not recommend the same to anybody though since I realized my folly in doing that.

Yes I did finish last in my category, but the important word here is "FINISH". Less than half the vehicles did that year. My objective was to participate and not to compete knowing the limitations of my vehicle. The only things I had to change were the stock MRF ZVTS tyres which had done 35k anyways till then. Ohh, before I forget, the look on the service advisor's face when he took a peek inside the cabin after I took the car for servicing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks