Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 05:23   #61
BANNED

My neighbor is coming with his zen, UP16D registration as an official. He got snow chains, underbody, K&N and spacers done.

And Undoubtedly, Raj Sir at Performance Auto is the best, terrific guy!
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

All the best to all competitors & to all those T-Bhpians competing in either category. This should be fun. Hope this thread continues to get "live feedback" and photographs.

Cheers
Old 3rd October 2009, 01:24   #63
BHPian

Hyderabad is having two participants in the Adventure category. Anand and Neha Kapadia will drive a carb 413 Gypsy while Sachin Singh and Nikhil Pai will be there in an MPFI 413 Gypsy. Both are first timers in the Raid. Here's wishing them all the very best. And the same goes to each and every other participant too.

Last edited by mazdayar : 3rd October 2009 at 01:26.
Old 3rd October 2009, 23:27   #64
BHPian

Reached Shimla and got the last of the glitches ironed out....paperwork done!! Under body done!! Snowchains done!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
All the best to all competitors & to all those T-Bhpians competing in either category. This should be fun. Hope this thread continues to get "live feedback" and photographs.

Cheers
Thanks Ricky!! Your wishes are required by everyone who are either participating in any category or will be there as the officials...! I really appreciate the way the entire affair is being handled. It really as professional as it can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdayar View Post
Hyderabad is having two participants in the Adventure category. Anand and Neha Kapadia will drive a carb 413 Gypsy while Sachin Singh and Nikhil Pai will be there in an MPFI 413 Gypsy. Both are first timers in the Raid. Here's wishing them all the very best. And the same goes to each and every other participant too.
Thanks Mazdayar! Was with Anand half of the day. His gypsy too was being ironed out as our esteem at the Motoworld. He's one raider who is prepared for every eventuality. Keeping fingers crossed!!

Last edited by vinayrathore : 3rd October 2009 at 23:29.
Old 5th October 2009, 18:46   #65
Senior - BHPian

Watch out for competition number 15 Gypsy. A fellow T-bhpian from Delhi, Phil aka Speedsport.

All the best to you Phil.

Will look forward to some nice pictures....

Cheers
Old 6th October 2009, 20:55   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Reached Shimla and got the last of the glitches ironed out....paperwork done!! Under body done!! Snowchains done!!

Thanks Ricky!! Your wishes are required by everyone who are either participating in any category or will be there as the officials...! I really appreciate the way the entire affair is being handled. It really as professional as it can get.

Thanks Mazdayar! Was with Anand half of the day. His gypsy too was being ironed out as our esteem at the Motoworld. He's one raider who is prepared for every eventuality. Keeping fingers crossed!!
You are in some good company, my friend. Tommy (Anand) is a whacked out character and I have enjoyed his company for 21 years now. And yes... he has to be prepared for just anything as long he carries a person as precious as his wife, Neha with him.

Wishing you all a great time again.

Meanwhile, here's a pic of Tommy and Neha, with Tommy threatening me at knife point..... "Mazda! The cake goes inside my mouth and not on my face".
Raid de Himalaya 2009-tn.jpg

And this is how Dirty Tommy shows off the cake in his mouth.
Raid de Himalaya 2009-tommy.jpg
Old 6th October 2009, 21:29   #67
Senior - BHPian

good luck to all participants.
Old 7th October 2009, 15:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

One can actually see the cars progress, they are all GPS equipped. One can read the altitude, direction, speed of vehicle etc. This is all in real time & is updated every one minute.

Now that is something I had not seen before !! Great feature. Here is the link
GeoTerrestrial GeoGroups

I thought it was fascinating !!!

Cheers
Old 7th October 2009, 15:53   #69
Team-BHP Support

Yup, I also went through the Raid tracking system. Its high time they implemented a vehicle tracking system. Rescue etc., will be quicker now.
However with no network signal on the Leh highway after Jispa, it will have to be done the old fashioned way
Old 15th October 2009, 21:33   #70
BHPian

Guys, just returned from Srinagar. We made it to 8th position in car segment and overall 24. We were lucky to complete the raid. this year they had chosen more tougher tracks to gain the title of most difficult mountain rally of the world. Over 50% of vehicle broke down and could not make it to finish line. I will soon post detailed travelogue and pictures. Fingers are still recovering from -12 deg frostbite at Rangdum
Old 15th October 2009, 23:51   #71
Team-BHP Support

Welcome back Rishi! Awaiting your detailed report!
Old 16th October 2009, 00:11   #72
BHPian

Was an insaane event. Fancy seeing you here Rishi. Finished 12th in the SUV class and 16th overall.I was in the White Scorpio competition no 77.
Old 16th October 2009, 00:38   #73
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
I will soon post detailed travelogue and pictures. Fingers are still recovering from -12 deg frostbite at Rangdum
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Was an insaane event.
Wow!! Good to hear that both you went through it. All of us awaiting detailed pics with narration from both!

One query? for ultra cold nights, did you have to keep the engine on through the whole night?
Old 16th October 2009, 01:18   #74
BHPian

Kolkata participant Somdeb Chanda/Nirav Mehta were 3rd in Adventure Trial in both SUV and car class combined. A very big congrats to them.

Incidentally, his Bolero was prepared in the same garrage as my rally Esteem.
Old 16th October 2009, 05:34   #75
Senior - BHPian

expecting the snaps of Raid De himalaya

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks