Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2005, 13:51   #46
BHPian

whats up !!!

Well My Friend if you have his number then please call him and ask him how much did he demand for, in the beginning for his license and why did he give him such a hard time. Its common knowledge in the rallying / racing circles that he is basically out to get the son because of his tiff with the father. It’s sad, but then guess we cant do much about it

Also by the way you write that u don’t need KC's number then just to bad my friend. Some one, who is going to make the country proud, you don’t wanna talk to him. I feel bad for you.
Funny thing is that before you asked me to invite KC to the forum and reply back on the 10-L figure, but surprisingly u have not replied to what ever I wrote in my reply.

I would humbly request you to kindly call Mr.Hussain and ask him and lay this topic to rest. How does that sound ?
Also my Friend as far as the "PM", you are right there was nothing in that which could not be written in the main forum and I did not write any such thing in the P.M., but I wanted to maintain some decorum and thus wrote the "PM".

AWAITING YOUR REPLY EAGERLY.
Old 9th September 2005, 10:18   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcheetah
Well to sort things out , NASIR HUSSAIN DID ASK KARUN FOR 10 LACKS, AND THAT INCLUDED THE LICENSE FEES AND DEPOSIT. IT WAS LATER REDUCED TO AROUND 8 LACKS.

Once again, this is a ridiculous statement. I don't doubt though that you heard this from either of the Chandhok's, but that does not make it true. BTW, even when he got his UK licence, it was only because the MAI gave him an NOC to allow him to get that. If, as they claim, the MAI demanded 10 lakhs (or 8 or whatever they claim), then why on earth would the MAI issue an NOC for him to get a UK licence?

Facts speak louder than hollow words.

Quote:
THE SAME IF YOU GUYS WANT CAN CONFIRM FROM MR.NASIR HUSSAIN OR MR.VICKY CHANDOK THEM SELVES.
Quote:
and i hope you guys do that . (call me if you want either of the two's Numbers ok )
That's great you have numbers. I suggest you use them and call up Mr. Hoosein (not Hussain!!) and confirm

Quote:
Also now even that does not matter now . if the MAI issues him an INDIAN License or not , as the rules say as long he has an Indian Passport , he can race.so i am happy .
Yes, there are no problems now if the rules of that championship are ammended to allow them to drive. However, if by some miracle of circumstance KC wins a round this year, guess who's National anthem would be played...
Old 9th September 2005, 11:28   #48
BHPian

My Friend,

I am not here justifying any one and not defending any one and certainly not Karun. What I found out I wrote and I am sad that people are taking out personnel vendetta on the circuit. I personally have been at the receiving end of this. Just because I am from the north and drove under the J.K.Banner, I was refused entry in an MAI(MRF)event, even thou my name was sponsored by the principle sponsor, Maruti in that Case. So I have been personally singled out, and that to at such a small level, I know what’s going on at such high levels.

By the looks of it, you seem to be a person, who has some insights in the scenario between MAI & FMSCI. So I need not say more, the sport is suffering.
That’s all, and I wish KARUN or AARMAN, who ever drives for INDIA, all the very best. And I am sure every one on this forum would be behind them and would wish them the best.

Lets lay this topic to rest as this opens up old wounds and that’s not nice.

Thanks guys.. We are Indians first. That’s what matters.

Regards
Amit Wadhwa
Old 9th September 2005, 12:07   #49
BHPian

all i want is to see the indian flag at the top place and the natinal anthem played all over the world .

I hope everyone on the forum would be with me on this .

This is way over MAI or FMSCI , JK or MRF ..

Its INDIA versus THE WORLD .
Old 9th September 2005, 12:16   #50
Team-BHP Support

Totally agree with you, I want India to suceed as much as everyone else out here. But lets do it the correct way and follow regulations. Unless we want to be truly Indian and expect the regulations to be "bent" to suit our requirements.

BTW, I would be interested to know about which event you were not allowed to enter. I know some people at MAI too and could maybe help you out with the problem.
Old 9th September 2005, 14:22   #51
BHPian

thanks my friend ,
i prefer not to talk about it. It happenned long time back . so does not matter now.

Thanks Again ...
Old 9th September 2005, 17:20   #52
BANNED

Quote:
thanks my friend ,
i prefer not to talk about it. It happenned long time back . so does not matter now.

Thanks Again ...
WOW BC... must have really been some incident if you dont like to talk about it... though I wish you would coz I'd love to know what those people at the MAI did....
Who do you know there Rtech.. .coz I know a few pepole there too....

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 9th September 2005 at 17:24.
Old 23rd September 2005, 05:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

FYI for those who are interested.

http://www.mai.co.in/forms/2005/MAI_..._fees-2005.PDF
Old 23rd September 2005, 19:40   #54
BHPian

Thats what even i pay to get my license reniewed every year (4wheel , rally and entrent ) , but the amount asked by the MAIfrom Karun was what i mentioned earlier.
The amount asked by the MAI also included a security deposit of some kind from Karun .
Old 23rd September 2005, 20:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

I see this situation as a complicated one...KC would have decided to go with a brit license for the simple fact that there wasnt much exposure over here...well, lets be game as its pretty human. If he had made it big over there, all of us(criticizing him today) wouldnt have hesitated to call him a Indian racing icon some day!!! Now that there has emerged a chance of he being Indian wanting to perform for his country(which probably has been his first choice till he got bugged of zero opportunities here), evidently he is constrained...No ones mistake...I know its the rule book and it cannot be over looked. This is a situation narrowed by few pages in a book written by no one knows who!!! The benefactors of the whole rule book are the competitors, who wouldnt leave a spec of a chance in utilizing this God gifted opportunity...coz they know that if the rules get bent, they would lose a mammoth chance which probably would be once in a life time for them.All accepted. Now, the only chance KC has is outperform everyone and fight his way back into A1GP in the forth coming year...

Last edited by The Wolf : 23rd September 2005 at 20:59.
Old 24th September 2005, 10:23   #56
Team-BHP Support

Ok guys to conclude this, I list out the facts.

1. No such fee/deposit was asked of Karun to get a Licence. I don't care what he may have told someone, it ain't true.

2. He chose to race with the Brit licence (hence in motorsport terms as a Brit) even though he could have raced those same races with an Indian licence as an Indian.

3. The issue over the A1 GP has been solved or so I've heard. They are allowed this year, but from next year they must have their licence from their own country.

Now, enough of this rules business, and lets see how the racing goes!
Old 24th September 2005, 12:12   #57
BHPian

Facts Straight

All right ,

I do agree that karun should have raced on an Indian License and he should have but provided he was given the same .

I would like to tell every one that around 2 years back Both Narian &Karun were invited to be chief guests at a J.K. Tyre event as both were their brand ambassadors and were to give away prizes to the winners of the event . One problem was that the event was not being run on a MAI permit, so after the event Mr.Hussain or MAI slapped a penalty or a ban on them and demanded a bond of Rs.1,00,000.00 from each. Both paid some agreed amount later and then at the time or renewal of their licenses Karun refused to go thro MAI and opted for a brit license. As he knew that it would not be smooth sailing for him because of the differences between their respective cams and the tiff between karuns father and Mr.Hussain.

I seriously feel that all the people involved in motor sports should be there first for the sport and then think about their ego.

That’s the reason for him driving on a brit license . any comments

And yes he better apply for his Indian License when it comes for renewal .

And guess what next thing that is going to be affected is the Carting championship , as the one being run by JK Tyre is not being allowed . They(JK VRS MAI ) have a meeting on Monday , and MAI does not allow it , then I guess they are doing more harm to the sport rather that being and asset and helping the sport . Fingers crossed the sport wins …

Good Luck Team India .
Old 24th September 2005, 12:17   #58
Team-BHP Support

Cheethaji, suggest you take a more 3 dimensional outlook and look at the bigger picture instead of listening to standard PR stuff churned out by people with vested interests.

That's all I have to say.
Old 24th September 2005, 12:30   #59
BHPian

i do agree that both JK & MRF and not the ones who are right . but my friend facts are facts and if this is what the sport has come to then i feel sad for it .
After being personelly singlled out by MRF , i am looking at a broder picture.
Old 24th September 2005, 12:43   #60
Team-BHP Support

singled out by MRF? For what? Do elaborate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks