Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2005, 22:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nazir Hossein strikes again

Looks like Mr. Hossein wont forgive anybody who drove for JK in the past.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...licence~tangle

Last edited by Mpower : 12th August 2005 at 22:54.
Old 12th August 2005, 23:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

This fellow is singlehandedly killing motorsport. After the disaster that was the Indian leg of the APRC, now this. Time for the old man to grow up.
Old 13th August 2005, 11:36   #3
Team-BHP Support

That's the problem with us Indian's, we think all rules can be bent/broken for us. The whole world doesn't operate the way our Govt. does I'm afraid. Karun brought this situation on himself when he wanted to race as a british national and not an Indian. He now has to live with his decision and accept responsibility for it instead of pretending to be the innocent party here.

Last edited by Rtech : 13th August 2005 at 11:37.
Old 13th August 2005, 14:32   #4
BHPian

Dear R Tech ,
I am sorry i kinda disagree with you . Its ok when u say that karun drove on a british license , but at that time nothing in India was happenning and it made sence for him to go toengland and drive there. lets face it i rather have an Inidian driving some where in the world rather than sitiing at home.

The real battle is between JK & MRF and akbar and vicky chandok .
JK & MRF we all are aware of , the other thing is that akku is the team manager and he would want his son to drive for A1 INDIA rather than Karun even if he is far more experienced.

I have been told that there is a way that karun can get his indian license , but its just a matter of getting down to making things easier for him. It all depends on these 4-5 guys putting aside their differences and for one working for the better ment of the sport and in this case , NATIONAL PRIDE..

WELL LETS SEE HOW THINGS SHAPE UP IN THE COMING DAYS , MY ONLY HOPE IS THAT WE GET TO SEE A BETTER INDIAN DRIVE REPRESENT THE COUNTRY IN THIS NEW VENTURE .

BYE

Amit
Old 13th August 2005, 20:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcheetah
. I have been told that there is a way that karun can get his indian license , but its just a matter of getting down to making things easier for him.
At the end of the day this is what it boils down to. Rules and twisted and bent every day in every part of the world. And its not like someone else is getting sidelined here. Unfortunately, there is no better driver to fly the tricolor in A1GP today other than KC since NK is booked.
Old 13th August 2005, 21:44   #6
BANNED

Bravo Mr Hoosein

Listen to yourselves..
People.. its called the INTERNATIONAL SPORTING CODE for a reason... its freakin universal...
So KC made his bed to drive under a brit licnse... TOUGH ... DEAL WITH IT
And all you people Dissing Nazir Hoosein ( let me point out here that Im not a fan of his) do you guys have the B***S to actually enforce a thing like that
Those that say natioal pride... where the hell was KC's when he applied for a freakin firang license? BC.. you can drive abroad with a license from your ASN as well you know... look it up dude.
Its time for KC to be a man and admit that he MESSED UP BIG TIME...
Oh and leave the MRF/JK thing outa this guys......
Mr Hoosein

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 13th August 2005 at 21:45.
Old 14th August 2005, 00:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am kind of ignorant of this JK/MRF war and certainly least knowledgeable around regarding rallies. But, what I can clearly read is, this gentleman, KC, opted for a british license when he had a choice (may be good for his professional carreer at that point of time). Now he wants indian license to take part in A1GP on behalf of India. All I can say is that, be a man and face consequences of your decision. If you have opted for British License, then stick with it. If you can get Indian license without tweaking rules, then do it. Afterall, he is not the greatest driver on this planet, for which exceptions to rule can be made. He may be best driver of indian origin, but certainly not the one holding India in high patriotic regard.
Old 15th August 2005, 20:57   #8
BANNED

No one besides us have anything to say about this... STRANGE!!!!!!
Old 16th August 2005, 10:31   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcheetah
Dear R Tech ,
I am sorry i kinda disagree with you . Its ok when u say that karun drove on a british license , but at that time nothing in India was happenning and it made sence for him to go toengland and drive there. lets face it i rather have an Inidian driving some where in the world rather than sitiing at home.
As mentioned already by some others, KC could have driven with an Indian licence, however he CHOSE to drive with a UK licence. The regulations are pretty clear that you can change ONCE in a year. Now just that somehting better has come along, he wants to come back and drive as an "Indian" again, so the rulebook should be thrown out of the window?

It doesn't work like that.
Old 16th August 2005, 12:01   #10
BHPian

i agree with Rtech on this completely, if anyone has to take the blame here it should be Karun, it was his choice and not anyone elses to make him take a british licence, he being an Indian chose to take the British licence and now wants to change, the regulations stand he should take the blame and accept it and stop passing the buck around... he deserves it as far as i'm concerned
Old 16th August 2005, 12:19   #11
BANNED

Lol, everything that happens connected with Indian motorsport gets connected to the MRF/JK issue .... As far as this license issue is concerned I agree with the fact that he shud have thought of this when he went for the Brit license -- run to greener pastures and forget national pride and then one fine day wake up and say I'm nationalistic so rules shud be bent ... !!!

On the other hand I'm sure rules can be broken, after all thats why they r made ..lol ( kidding )

Cheers
Old 16th August 2005, 12:21   #12
BANNED

Hey, wat about giving Mr.Rahul Gandhi a shot at A1 . who knows with all that secret practising he just might turn out to be the surprise package -- plus it'll give his vote bank a huge jump --- lol

cheers
Old 16th August 2005, 19:24   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, wat about giving Mr.Rahul Gandhi a shot at A1 . who knows with all that secret practising he just might turn out to be the surprise package -- plus it'll give his vote bank a huge jump --- lol

cheers
Yea I guess this would work if the track was a "secret" one and only RG and his PAL's were allowed to "race" together... that would mean they all letting RG take the lead and win... then I guess RG would get on the podium faster than NK... what say ppl??
Old 16th August 2005, 20:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

The sad thing is Karun Chandok paints the Indian Flag on his helmet and does PR for sponsors claiming to be teh 2nd Indian racer after NK and sneakily gets a Brit License under the nose.

He probably thought that nobody would notice. Too bad now, cant fool old man Nazir.
Old 18th August 2005, 18:45   #15
BANNED

too true M... Nazir Hoosein is like a rottweiler in a chihuahua's body its tough to slide anything past that old man

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks