Old 5th December 2005, 12:20   #91
BHPian

more pictures...

Old 5th December 2005, 12:39   #92
BHPian

bikes finally....!

Old 5th December 2005, 12:41   #93
BHPian

for me the real stars of the drag were that light blue zen (had no doors, stickers saying "racing dynamics" or something, the old city (license plate 9509), and that totally stripped down old maruti 800! heard it was running a baleno engine... any idea whos zen that was? to my knowledge it didnt lose a single run and had the quickest time of the day!
all in all a disappointment, especially since the event had to be cut short and the foreign open was cancelled!
also, jakkur needs more entry/exit points- took me 20 mins + to leave!
Old 5th December 2005, 12:55   #94

Bad excuse for an event

hello guys....had been to the drag and it was evident from the start that the organisers had missed a lot of "things to do". First there were the guys whos job was to clean the track ,of water..but as usual they were convinently going around them as though they dint exist... then came the delayed start...which was schedules at 11:30 but took till 12:00 to start.

After that there was no looking back at the list of "what not to do in a drag" from the spectators point.

dont cross the track, dont run along the track, dont impead the cars and bikes going back after their run, dont jeer the cops and security personel, dont break the baricad etc..u guys get the picture..

Anyways after tolerating all this the drag for the foreign class finally started at 4:25 and came to a halt at 4:35....

Hope the authorities do a better task of crowd control next time around. Misssed all the busas and yamahas...
Old 5th December 2005, 13:04   #95
BHPian

the big bikes... they were never run thanx to the crowd who played spoil sport...

Yamaha R1 and the big boy Busa..

05' kawasaki ninja...!!

05' Suzuki GSXR

R1..

Busa again..
Old 5th December 2005, 13:32   #96

the drag wasn't all that bad...atleast i could leave early enough before the crowd supposedly broke down the barricades !!! we missed the foreign cars..... the show bikes were a cool lot though. And people seemed to be more interested in the "sideshow"!!! how come the bikes n cars never crashed into each other, considering they were racing in groups head-on!!! Poor zing thing!!! The quartermile-wheelie on the R1 was the only cool stuff i saw!!!
any idea when's Bangalore's next Speed Run anyone??

Last edited by nid4spid : 5th December 2005 at 13:52.
Old 5th December 2005, 13:33   #97
BHPian

only bikes that were run were the two Ninja's...

smoking the wheel...!!

thumps up..!!

they waited n waited for the drag to start..but it never happened..

the last pic i took before the event was officially called off, a sad end to the drag..

due to inadequate cops n security guards the crowd could not be kept back behind the barricades. all the SBK riders went back dissappointed. poor fellows waited from 10 in the morning ..hope speed run would be organised in an orderly manner.
Old 5th December 2005, 13:37   #98
BANNED

what time did the vtec engined silver zen clock??...saw our own psycho working on it at the last minute...saw people almost getting run over by a r1 doing 150 + kmph on the drag strip..and the r1 rider was furious like hell ..he said he actually had to brake to avoid running over ppl in the middle of the race.
Old 5th December 2005, 13:42   #99
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot
saw people almost getting run over by a r1 doing 150 + kmph on the drag strip..and the r1 rider was furious like hell ..he said he actually had to brake to avoid running over ppl in the middle of the race.
there was no R1 that took part in the drag, the wheelie trick to keep crowds happy with crowds all over was crazy
please keep rider safety to the max henceforth
it was a R6 that too a blue one which rocked.

there was a 05 R1 red colour which came in late, i think this uncle went for a drag after the event was over with people running all over the place

Last edited by SCARLET : 5th December 2005 at 13:53.
Old 5th December 2005, 13:44   #100
BHPian

drag cancelled coz of the crowd?

GrrrrrrRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr.... bad :(
Old 5th December 2005, 14:02   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARLET
there was no R1 that took part in the drag, the wheelie trick to keep crowds happy with crowds all over was crazy
please keep rider safety to the max henceforth
it was a R6 that too a blue one which rocked.
my bad it was a blue yamaha which i am talking about not sure if it was a r1 or r6 and the rider was furious with the oraginsers and was screaming abuses after he came back ...after which the race was called off.
Old 5th December 2005, 14:51   #102
Team-BHP Support

was doing a burn out/clean up of tires inside the strip area and when i backed one thud, lucky i was doing it slow, one joker with organisers tag had just got him self bumped by running across to say hi to a female and he was saying soory saaar..
Old 5th December 2005, 14:52   #103
Team-BHP Support

the baleno 800 was rohit balal's car i guess..
Old 5th December 2005, 19:05   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav
for me the real stars of the drag were that light blue zen (had no doors, stickers saying "racing dynamics" or something, the old city (license plate 9509), and that totally stripped down old maruti 800! heard it was running a baleno engine... any idea whos zen that was? to my knowledge it didnt lose a single run and had the quickest time of the day!
all in all a disappointment, especially since the event had to be cut short and the foreign open was cancelled!
also, jakkur needs more entry/exit points- took me 20 mins + to leave!
The light blue zen was powered by our z-series engine management system ( Race dynamics). The car is from Raj's stable, owned and driven by mirza brothers. It now supposedly holds the national record .

cheers
karthik.

Last edited by rdkarthik : 5th December 2005 at 19:15.
Old 5th December 2005, 19:07   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
the baleno 800 was rohit balal's car i guess..
Ranjith Ballal from RAC.

cheers
karthik

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks