Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 14:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)

W222 S spied with the least camouflage.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-60387782877167800.jpg  

YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-998502444620336871.jpg  

YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-1945517937700370639.jpg  

YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-1415305420572522785.jpg  

YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-9237641621508015961.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 15:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

The rear overhang seems a tad too much..... a longer wheelbase would have made it look more proportionate
Old 7th March 2012, 15:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Boring with a capital B ! Yawn could not get any bigger. Am not surpized as i am not a fan of the new CLS styling either ! Ofcourse no denying that an S class being what it is (tag of best saloon yada yada) it will be sold big time.
For me , all 3 of its rivals in their current forms - A8/7/XJ are miles ahead in terms of looks and presence and a lot more.
Personal Opinion.

Second that.
MB is just getting monotonous with their designs now.
First the sls and the slk and now the cls with the s.
Its only the brand value & gadgets which are selling them in abundance, as audi and specially jaguar are way better looking cars with the similar bells and whistles !
Old 7th March 2012, 15:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Thanks, and if I could add multiple Thanks I would have done that too, The world's best is about to come in the next 4 months, and boy oh boy this is looking so good, the best in the segment is getting even better, this will take a leap so high others will only be left wondering how can they make their next gen better?

The S is coming, and the world needs a two minute of silence, and for anyone who has doubts on this car, please understand it's a full sized luxury car, and all of them will have over hangs of some kind, do see the competition it's pretty much the same, but this car will blow everything out,

Cannot wait,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
W222 S spied with the least camouflage.
P.S : I wish i could double post, but anyone who thinks a LWB will look better, go to page 2 all the pics I have posted are the LWB! The king is coming, make way!

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 7th March 2012 at 16:01.
S350L-E240 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 17:47   #35
BHPian

The rear-view mirrors 'mirror' E Class, the headlights are elongated / raked C Class and the rear is CLS. Why? Is all I ask!

I agree that this is typically the car to beat but all others have really started getting great designs together and do have similar 'status' value. I doubt this will be the resurrection of falling fortunes.
Old 7th March 2012, 17:52   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
Second that.
MB is just getting monotonous with their designs now.
First the sls and the slk and now the cls with the s.
Its only the brand value & gadgets which are selling them in abundance, as audi and specially jaguar are way better looking cars with the similar bells and whistles !
Quote:
Boring with a capital B ! Yawn could not get any bigger. Am not surpized as i am not a fan of the new CLS styling either ! Ofcourse no denying that an S class being what it is (tag of best saloon yada yada) it will be sold big time.
For me , all 3 of its rivals in their current forms - A8/7/XJ are miles ahead in terms of looks and presence and a lot more.
Personal Opinion.
Sadly I have to agree. Aesthetics and engineering prowess do not have to be mutually exclusive qualities in a car. Yes, the S-class has long been heralded as the finest saloon in the world, etc etc but for gods sake, Mercedes! Stir something up!! Throw a little styling pizzazz into the mix!! Move people away from the opinion that the S-class is an old man's car!
Old 7th March 2012, 17:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

None of us have seen the car, and no it does not in any way have the rear from the E its more inspired from CL, come on this is far more original and well designed compared to its rivals and talk about design when its fully un covered

Its not like this car is only about technical showcase, it also usually leads the design language of all up coming mercs, and the headlights have more in common with new A than others,

Regards,
Old 7th March 2012, 18:46   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
None of us have seen the car, and no it does not in any way have the rear from the E its more inspired from CL, come on this is far more original and well designed compared to its rivals and talk about design when its fully un covered

Its not like this car is only about technical showcase, it also usually leads the design language of all up coming mercs, and the headlights have more in common with new A than others,

Regards,
Guess he meant the ORVM's are like the current E with dual parallel array turn indicators.
Old 8th March 2012, 09:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

As long as they dont make the rear as weird & un-European like the w212 and the face like a heavily hungover bee ala SL/SLK models, they are more or less sorted IMO. Profile looks 'safe'.
On second thoughts, what the heck ! Even if they make an S class resembling a Dacia Sandero it WILL sell !! Why ? Purely as its a Mercedes S
Old 8th March 2012, 10:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Not at all impressd. This is so bland and shouts "scaled down bloated maybach" look to it.
Old 8th March 2012, 11:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Why does this forum have pre-set designation as to what design is European and what is not? Come on to say the S sells only because it's an S is like saying Audi sells only because of it's LED's and over done interiors, or BMW sells due to it's marketing or angel lights,

S sells because while it is the S-Class, it also does a lot of what its segment needs in the best manner, in terms of ride the car is miles ahead of the 7 and A8, infact most reviews have a big problem with the A8 / S8 in the sense that in none of the suspension settings the car feels much different, and do try the S with it's Air-Matic, leave alone the ABC which is a league above and no one till date has anything to match it, and it's new version comes with the new S called Magic Body control, it will take the bar so high and as usual the car will dominate it's segment not because it's a S, but it's Superior, BMW is working so hard on their facelift with the 7 next month and most focus is on it's ride and suspension,

S, Also has the widest range of engines, S250CDI to the world's most powerful V12 sedan designation it held for some time S65 AMG, while some may say it's pointless, it satisfies a lot of clients and as long as the target market exists is it not better to have all variants? The 4.7 Block in S500 beats the 4.2 A8 , The S63 AMG beats S8 in all tests, I can't post all but if anyone wants to look up online and go to EVO, AutoBild, Auto Motor und Sport and read,

see tests between the 6 year old S500 vs New Audi A8 4.2 and below are the comments since I cannot post the test data,

1st place: Mercedes-Benz S500
The relatively old S-class with the brand new 4,7-liter-biturbo is not just the faster, but the more economical and the more comfortable car in this comparison.

2nd place: Audi A8 4.2 FSI quattro
The A8 is agile, but the suspension is uncomfortable in all of the suspension-settings.

Below read Autoexpress review on S8

Audi S8

Some highlights from the above : Its rivals might have the edge in certain areas; the Mercedes S63 AMG has 24bhp more power and the Jaguar XJ Supersport is 83kg lighter , but on the track it’s outshone by the Mercedes S63 AMG, CLS63 AMG and Jaguar XJ Supersport. Yes track times do NOT matter in this segment but all that marketing about Audi and it's aluminium should make it the best at handling and not feel below par with a car that soon bids farewell,

Below is CAR's review on S8 :

S8 Drive

Do read the conclusion where they say S63 involves the driver more,

I am not even going to compare the 7 which is no where near it, and don't anyone think I am biased I have sold more 7's and have the first 750Li in the country in my family, I just need people to understand the S is not called the best for the heck of it, it's called the best because Mercedes has always strived to make it the best, and will do it again, only problem is due to S a lot of other models suffer in it's timeline as Mercedes does not drop much of it's technology until the S comes out,

And honestly lets keep words like it's Korean or Bland out of this topic, its not healthy, its not needed, it does not make sense, and so what if it's korean? Are korean woman not pretty?

Regards,

P.S This is not directed to any one person, and while I have quoted just one person please understand this is directed to a lot of baseless comments, problem is come will just follow onto those baseless comments, also am not bashing the A8 it's just that I used it as comparison as it's the newest in the segment and the closest car to the S,

Quote:
As long as they dont make the rear as weird & un-European like the w212 and the face like a heavily hungover bee ala SL/SLK models, they are more or less sorted IMO. Profile looks 'safe'.
On second thoughts, what the heck ! Even if they make an S class resembling a Dacia Sandero it WILL sell !! Why ? Purely as its a Mercedes S

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 8th March 2012 at 11:50.
S350L-E240 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 11:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why does this forum have pre-set designation as to what design is European and what is not? Come on to say the S sells only because it's an S is like saying Audi sells only because of it's LED's and over done interiors, or BMW sells due to it's marketing or angel lights

Save it pal ! What i said above is MY opinion. Why do i have preconceived notions is my personal problem, i will handle it.
I dont see the reason for your aggressive defense of Mercedes/BMW when it comes to Audi.
I have already told you Dev, i have no energy nor the inclination to argue it out with it in this regard. You will go to any length. Quoting magazines and all.. Seriously ,i dont need proof !
Il say what you want me to say, ok ? Just spare me post that.
Audi is pathetic and i was an idiot to love one. I still am an idiot as i still love Audis and Mercedes and BMW can shove it up theirs.
I dont care about stats i just love the brand inspite of it being 'inferior' in every statistic to the other 2.
Inference ? AUDI IS INFERIOR to your 2 BELOVED BRANDS BUT I STILL LOVE IT. Happy ???
The above post about the S class looks wasnt even aimed at you so quit taking it so personally for gods sake.

P.S - You know better than anyone else that no amount of stats cant FORCE anyone to like a brand. No matter how diplomatic you put it what you have posted just seems like brand bashing.
If you have noticed my posts i have always said that Mercedes Benz might be good its just that I HATE IT. Its a simple as that. Aggressive defense not necessary. Peace out

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th May 2012 at 15:39. Reason: Please dont quote entire long post as it inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 12:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Mate deep apologies,

I didn't quote you to aim it at you, I only quoted you cause you are someone I can argue with and like I said I'm not saying Audi is inferior, read my last para I've said A8 is the closest and you know I was considering it too,

I'm talking in general this forum has too many comments about anything German now looking korean, I find it absolutely un necessary, or maybe Koreans are doing something right that all new european cars get compared to them

Peace mate,you and me very well know it few people here can have healthy discussions, some if you quote them begin a fight as if the dawn of WW 3 has arrived, and with you atleast can keep going without having to feel like a fight, hope you understand what I am saying,

Regards,
Quote:
Save it pal ! What i said above is MY opinion. Why do i have preconceived notions is my personal problem, i will handle it.
I dont see the reason for your aggressive defense of Mercedes/BMW when it comes to Audi.
I have already told you Dev, i have no energy nor the inclination to argue it out with it in this regard. You will go to any length. Quoting magazines and all.. Seriously ,i dont need proof !
Il say what you want me to say, ok ? Just spare me post that.
Audi is pathetic and i was an idiot to love one. I still am an idiot as i still love Audis and Mercedes and BMW can shove it up theirs.
I dont care about stats i just love the brand inspite of it being 'inferior' in every statistic to the other 2.
Inference ? AUDI IS INFERIOR to your 2 BELOVED BRANDS BUT I STILL LOVE IT. Happy ???
The above post about the S class looks wasnt even aimed at you so quit taking it so personally for gods sake.

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 8th March 2012 at 12:04.
Old 8th March 2012, 12:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mate deep apologies,

I didn't quote you to aim it at you, I only quoted you cause you are someone I can argue with and like I said I'm not saying Audi is inferior, read my last para I've said A8 is the closest and you know I was considering it too,

I'm talking in general this forum has too many comments about anything German now looking korean, I find it absolutely un necessary, or maybe Koreans are doing something right that all new european cars get compared to them

Peace mate,you and me very well know it few people here can have healthy discussions, some if you quote them begin a fight as if the dawn of WW 3 has arrived, and with you atleast can keep going without having to feel like a fight, hope you understand what I am saying,

Regards,
Yes i completely understand. Even my post above did not have any venom. I was just clearing my side of it.
Even with my past reference to the S8, all i had said was it is admirable how the S8 in a straight line is quicker than the S 65 AMG (0-100) inspite of lower power/torque figures that is all. Never did i suggest one is better than the other. The S 65 AMG was considered because it was the benchmark for superfast sofas.
I could argue with you day & night its just that you are so good that i tend to get tired !

Peace
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 20:09   #45
Senior - BHPian

A rendering of the W222. A bigger E class.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-3798552662044196862.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks