Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 23:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)

Now a fluidic S class.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 04:15   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
The S is coming, and the world needs a two minute of silence, and for anyone who has doubts on this car, please understand it's a full sized luxury car, and all of them will have over hangs of some kind, do see the competition it's pretty much the same, but this car will blow everything out,

Cannot wait,
I have big expectations from this car. MB is really feeling the heat from competition in most markets and this being their flagship after early a decade HAS to shock the world and create an impact for their future. I think they will strive now more than ever to make this not just the best S-class ever but also the biggest leap in all terms of technology, innovation, safety, etc. The bar will be raised HIGH !

I just hope they don't disappoint. Also hope it arrives in India soon enough in CKD form with a competitive pricing. I think the s-class price levels can take some amount of correction or if not they should offer better engines at the same price levels. A v8 diesel is one I am most longing for or twin turbo/tri-turbo diesel v6
Old 17th March 2012, 15:31   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

I just hope the quality is back upto where it should be!
A SWB S250 CDI would see quite a few takers in India if priced well. What say?
Old 17th March 2012, 18:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Sahil,

Believe me disappoint they never will, there will always be some comments on its design but I believe with time cars evolve and its necessary, and besides few exceptions most head into the right direction, and looks will always be subjective, but this is one segment where Mercedes is so good that the variants of this car will soon be fighting the high end like Rolls Royces and Bentleys, and some will replace the Maybach models, no one should forget the Maybach 53 was going to be this S class, quality is going to be beyond roof, this car will go a segment above and I truly believe even today the S does a few things better than the others,

Coming to price, I can assure you this car will go a lot higher, it is only logical considering now duties itself have gone up and over all W222 is expected to go a notch higher in terms of price globally, let time tell as we should most likely see the car in India in Q2 2013 if all goes well,

And V8 Diesels are now past, won't come but you will I am sure in due course see something like the BMW setup in M550dx, also let's not forget mercedes did the worlds first tri-turbo diesel in a concept SLK few years ago,

Lamborghini,

S250CDI is something they should have done in this generation instead of the pointless S300, and trust me besides the ageing effect, the current car itself has been high in terms of quality with few problems and most were related to Airmatic, but very small overall defects,

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Also hope it arrives in India soon enough in CKD form with a competitive pricing. I think the s-class price levels can take some amount of correction or if not they should offer better engines at the same price levels. A v8 diesel is one I am most longing for or twin turbo/tri-turbo diesel v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I just hope the quality is back upto where it should be!
A SWB S250 CDI would see quite a few takers in India if priced well. What say?
Old 17th March 2012, 18:27   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lamborghini,

S250CDI is something they should have done in this generation instead of the pointless S300, and trust me besides the ageing effect, the current car itself has been high in terms of quality with few problems and most were related to Airmatic, but very small overall defects,

Regards,
They should have!
I think a SWB CDI engine will do very well in congested cities, and would bridge the gap between the 50L E Class, and the 100L S LWB quite well. That's great news, if Mercedes continues this trend, we would love to have another one - not that the W211 has been particularly bad - compared to other mercs, it was below average for sure. The W212 didn't impress me with regards to the interiors compared to the W211, hopefully the new S would be a step ahead in all ways.
Old 20th March 2012, 22:27   #51
BHPian

Looks like merc has left the 7er and A8 class for the President market. And as S350L-E240 said, instead the are now targeting the Rolls and the Bentley catagory. Certainly no President or old, formal man will be happy to own the 2012 S-Classe. It will be too flashy for their personality, irrespective of the advance teachnial stuff. Sadly, i dont see bollywood stars will enjoy the 3 pointed star image either. So I am a little skeptical how this new design does in India.
But i can certainly imagine this in Gold plated S-Class form! Should suffice the middle east market! May be will also do good with Russian Mafias!
Also I distinctly remember seeing this camera scanning technology on Discovery Channel. It was roughly 4-5 years ago. It was also an S Classe. And i remember it so well because the person heading the project was a South Indian and i was just amazed we Indians in Germany are desigining the best cars of the world! Obviously i DO remember his name!
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

The King is almost here,

New S-Class almost naked

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
W222 S spied with the least camouflage.

Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
A rendering of the W222. A bigger E class.

Source
The rendering vs the camouflaged car. It appears, fortunately, that the real car does not have those double curved waistline indicated in the renderings.
Old 24th May 2012, 04:42   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

So it has the daytime LED's like the B-class and it has side profile similar to the E-class and C-class which have a sloping down look (high at the back and low towards the front, gives the impression that the car has been lowered at the front) I am not sure if I am fond of these two traits. But I will leave my verdict to the final product showcase. Although, the interiors do look smashing, the steering isn't the awful one we saw in the previous spy pics. Wheel arch's are quite large,seems like only 20inchers will do full justice if you want meaty alloys.
Old 30th May 2012, 10:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

The King is getting better! Look at that interior, can't wait for this to move over the competition like a road roller, Please let the Korean comments flow, awaiting them,

S-Class Interior shots

Regards,

Since it's the S-Class a car I've followed every day since the early prototypes I have to say this again, the King is back with a bigger bang,
S350L-E240 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 18:47   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, the King IS getting better. The dashboard now looks from a higher(Rolls/Bentley) segment. Hope it gets launched faster and give a fitting reply to some 'progressive' cars who think they have finally beaten Merc just by a few sales number.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 21:42   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The King is getting better! Look at that interior, can't wait for this to move over the competition like a road roller, Please let the Korean comments flow, awaiting them,

S-Class Interior shots

Regards,

Since it's the S-Class a car I've followed every day since the early prototypes I have to say this again, the King is back with a bigger bang,
I am little relieved that they have not drastically changed the overall scheme of things. I am sure that the lights and ICE/Command will be significantly altered in w222. But the overall body shape (especially the side profile) and internal layout is fairly close to what w221 has. Round a/c vents - hmmm not a fan, but they are looking good in the pics. The central fascia has been slightly tilted up to give a table-top feel, again looks good and offer better access to controls.

I am really interested in seeing what cool tech w222 will deliver: don't care about LED, start/stop, better-COMMAND - these are all me-too stuff. I mean who would be impressed with a better touch screen in these days of iPads?

I would like to see automotive stuff like DISTRONIC+ and not LED and LCD stuff. Too bad we can't have all the cool radar based tech in India.
Old 19th June 2012, 13:36   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Scoop: 2014 Mercedes Benz S Class AMG

Source - Carscoop

While this test model retains the exhaust pipes of the regular model, it does sport a lowered chassis along with some other telling details such as the side skirts, larger alloy wheels shod in low profile tires, bigger brakes, a covered rear diffuser and a modified front bumper with more prominent air inlets.

The production model will likely feature flared wheel arches and re-trimmed lights as well.

As mentioned previously, Mercedes will continue to offer two separate AMG variants of the S-Class.

The first will be the S63 AMG powered by the current model's 5.5-liter twin-turbocharged V8 producing 530hp (537PS) at 5,500 rpm and 590 lb-ft (800Nm) from 2,000 to 4,500 rpm in standard trim and 556bhp (564PS) and 664 lb-ft (900Nm) when opted with the performance package.

The flagship model will be the S65 AMG, again borrowing the 6.0-liter bi-turbocharged V12 engine with 621hp (630PS) and 1,000Nm (737 lb-ft) from AMG's current crop of models like the S 65, SL 65 and G 65 AMG.

We'll have to wait and see if the turbocharged engines will produce the same outputs as today's S63 and S65 AMG models or if Mercedes-Benz engineers will make some improvements lifting power and possibly, improving their fuel efficiency.
Attached Thumbnails
YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-a1.jpg  

YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-a2.jpg  

YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-a3.jpg  

YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-a4.jpg  

YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-a5.jpg  

YES! The new 2014 Mercedes S-Class (W222)-a6.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 14:44   #59
BHPian

Re: Scoop: 2014 Mercedes Benz S Class AMG

I don't know why but I feel this S-class resembles Mercedes CLS a bit! That bling type LED's have been used here . Is it only me who is feeling that wheelbase is smaller than previous generation? But still, this car seems to be inspired a bit from CLS and I like it a bit! I hope this model also continues to hold the flag of pioneer in luxury and technology for which the S-Class is known!

S@ndy
Old 19th June 2012, 14:52   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop: 2014 Mercedes Benz S Class AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
I don't know why but I feel this S-class resembles Mercedes CLS a bit! That bling type LED's have been used here . Is it only me who is feeling that wheelbase is smaller than previous generation? But still, this car seems to be inspired a bit from CLS and I like it a bit! I hope this model also continues to hold the flag of pioneer in luxury and technology for which the S-Class is known!

S@ndy
The non AMG version got an entirely different tail light set up. It's an exact copy of the CLS. Check the thread that features the new S class.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks