Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 00:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: TOP GEAR returns with Season 17! *UPDATE* Now on air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Yep. You are correct. However, Ive already read the report for the test and it is in favor of the Ferrari
As expected. The Fifth Gear test ended the same way as well.

BTW are they still using the Suzuki Liana? Or are the F1 drivers the only ones still using it?
Old 9th July 2011, 00:23   #62

Nope. only the F1 drivers use the Liana to have a consistency. Everyone else uses the Kia Cee'd
Old 9th July 2011, 00:25   #63
Senior - BHPian

Season 17 Episode 3:
Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond find second-hand bargains for the price of Britain's cheapest brand new car, the £6995 Nissan Pixo. James May is in Nevada to test the toughness of the Range Rover Evoque, driving it through Death Valley before chauffeuring a megastar through Las Vegas. Also, the McLaren MP4-12C is compared with its deadliest supercar rival, the Ferrari 458, and reigning Formula 1 world champion Sebastian Vettel is the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

Season 17 Episode 4:
The trio finally find a good use for caravans when they attempt to make train travel cheaper, faster and more interesting, replacing the locomotive with a specially modified car and the carriages with a series of mobile homes. Comedy star Rowan Atkinson takes the wheel of the Reasonably Priced Car, and Jeremy Clarkson takes the Jaguar XKR-S and the recently updated Nissan GT-R for a spin round the track to compare both models.

bbc.co.uk/topgear
Old 9th July 2011, 00:32   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Yep. You are correct. However, Ive already read the report for the test and it is in favor of the Ferrari
Yes,remember reading that on the Top Gear UK website some months ago.Clarkson did the road-test and the article,no? And as usual,he was missing the 'soul' in the MP4..His verdict favored the 458 if I am not mistaken.So,yes we already know the verdict.
Old 11th July 2011, 01:36   #65

An Average show. 7.5/10 if I had to score it, nothing really exciting apart from the staggering McLaren Time. Vettel's interview is good but nothing exciting as it were. overall, a pretty average Top Gear Episode then, and the end with the "cheap car challenge" is not what you would expect. A few sneak peeks.
Attached Thumbnails
TOP GEAR returns with Season 17! *UPDATE* Now on air-screen-shot-20110710-8.56.14-pm.png  

TOP GEAR returns with Season 17! *UPDATE* Now on air-screen-shot-20110710-9.03.47-pm.png  

Old 11th July 2011, 02:49   #66
BHPian

Nothing really special this week except the CL600 which is HUGE value for money. However I would be looking forward to the reliability of this car over the next 2 weeks and I have a feeling someone is going to lose a lot hair over this!
Old 11th July 2011, 03:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only one who enjoyed this episode?
Old 11th July 2011, 05:16   #68

Id pick up that Merc just because of its Reg. CY !! @Nitrous, it was a good episode no doubt, but there was some "topgearness" missing.
Old 11th July 2011, 07:03   #69
BANNED

Actually the MCLaren Vs Ferrari test was very underwhelming. I was hoping for more.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:05   #70
BHPian

@BRABUS E V12. I don't think it would be that much of a problem if he found a clean example. But given Clarkson's history of finding the most powerful car at the cheapest price, he may have problems. I think Hammond's BMW may face more problems since its 8 years older than the Merc. I'm surprised they didn't include James May in this. I bet Hammond sorely missed bumping into his car every time they stop for a chat.

@Cyrus. Yes, the topgear-ness is missing. I think its do with them not including James May in the challenge. I felt the same. I also felt the humor has worn off in episode 3.
Old 11th July 2011, 13:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

An OK episode. They could have shown the RR Evoque a little more and as akhilesh said, the MP4-12C Vs 458 test was very underwhelming. Also, I missed May in the second-hand bargains challenge. I was really excited to see the distant cousin of our A-star out there, though there wasn't much of it.

But the interview with Vettel was really amusing.
Old 11th July 2011, 15:04   #72
BHPian

IIRC this is the first episode where Hammond is driving & has Clarkson as a passenger. I've never seen both of them together in a car, and now, Clarkson appreciates a 'Porsche', one of his pet hates.

The AStar is 7000 pounds in the UK, But it is still very nice to see that you can get a V12 Mercedes with an inbuilt TV at that price.
Old 11th July 2011, 16:02   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
IIRC this is the first episode where Hammond is driving & has Clarkson as a passenger. I've never seen both of them together in a car, and now, Clarkson appreciates a 'Porsche', one of his pet hates.

The AStar is 7000 pounds in the UK, But it is still very nice to see that you can get a V12 Mercedes with an inbuilt TV at that price.
Things like these sometimes arouse in me the traitor instincts and I want to run to UK as soon as I can.Getting to drive your dream car for so cheap! Man,that'D be the bargain of the century..
Old 11th July 2011, 20:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

I fear I'm going to get a lot of comments on this, but IMO, this was the best episode of the series yet. Sebastian Vettel is quite possibly the funniest F1 star yet on the show, and the McLaren-Ferrari shootout was nicely shot. the reason for the fiercely quick time might have had something to do with the development of the car on that very track. I'd have the 458 every single time, if I was thus spoilt! I also liked the not-so-cheap car shootout.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:20   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post

I have been screaming about this for ages. Small cars are more expensive than india, but no one bothers to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Things like these sometimes arouse in me the traitor instincts and I want to run to UK as soon as I can.Getting to drive your dream car for so cheap! Man,that'D be the bargain of the century..
Yeah, but good luck paying insurance for the same! Its not the car thats the issue here, its the insurance premiums!

Anyways, looking forward o next weekend's episode. Caravans are BACK!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks