Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 21:49   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Stunning 2012 Hyundai Azera caught

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Will this come to India or not is a big question mark since we still don't have the Sonata here.

@vb-san, cyrus43

If you get an opportunity, please do drive the following from Hyundai stable.
Chevelle, I think you got me slightly wrong there. I have nothing negative to say about Hyundai. In fact, my post was just a request to stop the super negative comments.

I have driven a few Hyundai cars like the Accent, i30, and the previous gen Sonata (current in India) is my regular taxi ride here in Singapore (which got an extremely good back seat).

And why not Hyundai can aim to be on par with a Mercedes or an Audi? If they can get on par with the Japanese giants in such a short duration, I can really see them up the game in the next few years, and get as luxurious (or even more) as the German giants.
Old 28th July 2011, 21:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

The rear three quarter view. The continuous tail light is carried over from previous generation.

I agree with Technocrat

I have started appreciating what Hyundai is doing the world over especially after driving Tiburon, Genesis and Equus. They are not doing anything wrong with all new launches except that the fluidic design may not go down well with everyone.

My friend was going to buy a mercedes c-class and he ended up buying a genesis for $40k. He is no corner-enthusiast, all it matters to him is how good it is to drive, features, space, reliability and service back up. Needless to say, Genesis sedan ticked all the right boxes and he ended up buying it. Initially he was set on buying an accord or camry, extended his budget to accommodate 3-series and c-class and ended up buying a genesis.
Attached Thumbnails
Stunning 2012 Hyundai Azera caught-azera-back-end.jpg  

Old 28th July 2011, 22:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Chevelle, I think you got me slightly wrong there. I have nothing negative to say about Hyundai. In fact, my post was just a request to stop the super negative comments.

And why not Hyundai can aim to be on par with a Mercedes or an Audi? If they can get on par with the Japanese giants in such a short duration, I can really see them up the game in the next few years, and get as luxurious (or even more) as the German giants.
Sorry, i reacted on your first statement of Hyundai cars handling like boat and titanic and what not. On reading again, it was suppose to come from other Hyundai haters. Its kinda exaggeration. Hyundai has take a big leap in terms of quality, dynamics, features, reliability, resale in last 5 years than what it was before. The resale value of Hyundai cars have gone up a whole lot more compared to other companies. I had a Sonata for couple of days and took it for 900 mile drive, that's when i started to appreciate its ability to go neck to neck with accord and camry.

I am awaiting the day they hold 5-series, 7-series by neck and shake them in dynamics department, they already did in features, space, quality, less maintenance. They are not completely there, but they will soon be, going by their recently launched Genesis R-Spec Sedan.

Also, i wanted to mention, this one is not North America specific. It is already available in South-east countries, Korea and called Grandeur there. It is a super success over there just like the new sonata which is without doubt the best seller in Korea.
chevelle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 04:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Sirji, it is to be revealed in Los Angeles Auto Show which is later in the year. This one is caught on road, i don't know the location, but its in NA.

So it is not misleading.

This picture you have chosen ...the very first picture I mean, is definitely not a picture taken on the road..doesnt make sense.

When you say 'caught on road' could you please show a pic where the car is on road!!

The picture is definitely taken at some public display like autoshow..anyway its of less importance.
Old 29th July 2011, 08:21   #35
BHPian

LIke a lot of Hyundai supporters , I too support Hyundai . They have battled and come up to this level while the whole world kept saying unreliable Korean cars . Their designs are always inspired , but hey , whos complaining . If my car looks like a jag a merc and a whole lot of other things its a good thing right . With a few of the earlier designs they did screw up the looks of the car for ex : Verna Transform . BUt apart from that most of their recent designs have been very very affordable . And in todays times people look to change their car very often , IMO . So if you have cheaper cars to choose from which can be changed every year then why would you worry about long term reliability .

Korean or not , they have carved their way among the top and they are here to stay . The so called Mercs and Beamers have enjoyed their share of the pie for way too long and I guess its high time someone help them by the neck . And maybe not in very near furture but eventually the Koreans will beat them .

I love the looks of this car . Good mix of sportiness and luxury . Absolutely love this car.
Old 29th July 2011, 09:52   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilanjar View Post
This picture you have chosen ...the very first picture I mean, is definitely not a picture taken on the road..doesnt make sense.

When you say 'caught on road' could you please show a pic where the car is on road!!

The picture is definitely taken at some public display like autoshow..anyway its of less importance.
what auto show?
its in a parking lot as far as i see.
Had to be on road to get there, eh...

Looks to be like one under tests or something
Old 29th July 2011, 10:36   #37
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th July 2011 at 11:16.
skilanjar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th July 2011, 16:55   #38
BHPian

It's not without reason that Toyota's and Honda's admit publicly that their main competition is Hyundai - not the Germans, not the Yankees, but the Korean Hyundai. No other car brand is moving, or ever moved, at Hyundai's pace into the premium category starting from the bottom - just ask Suzuki. Sure in a day or two some pics of a Vaux' or Opel would be posted here showing similarities, but still!

Entering the D+ segment is one thing, but the question really is if Hyundai pitches a piece against a Merc, and at the same price bracket, as they confidently seem to do these days, would you still buy it?
Old 29th July 2011, 17:42   #39

I would not, but then again perhaps in the next 10-20 something years the world order might change. For me, its the image and at the D+ segment this better count.

Its a bit strange that "entry" level sedans in the US are "premium" segment cars in India, and no small part to our skewed taxes.
Old 29th July 2011, 21:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Entering the D+ segment is one thing, but the question really is if Hyundai pitches a piece against a Merc, and at the same price bracket, as they confidently seem to do these days, would you still buy it?
In south east Asia and USA, question to your answer is affirmative.

Get this, Hyundai moved more genesis out of showroom than Lexus GS350, ES350, Acura TSX, TL, in 2010-2011. That shows that people today seem confident of Hyundai these days to take a plunge on $40000-$50000 Genesis.

Will i buy it? If i can afford it, i will buy it. I do have my eyes on Genesis coupe though - A 3.8 V6, 305hp, RWD, R-Spec or Track Spec with manual. Cost me a little less than $30,000 on road.
Old 30th July 2011, 07:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In south east Asia and USA, question to your answer is affirmative.

Get this, Hyundai moved more genesis out of showroom than Lexus GS350, ES350, Acura TSX, TL, in 2010-2011. That shows that people today seem confident of Hyundai these days to take a plunge on $40000-$50000 Genesis.

Will i buy it? If i can afford it, i will buy it. I do have my eyes on Genesis coupe though - A 3.8 V6, 305hp, RWD, R-Spec or Track Spec with manual. Cost me a little less than $30,000 on road.
How much cheaper is the Genesis than all those models that you have listed???
Old 30th July 2011, 08:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
How much cheaper is the Genesis than all those models that you have listed???
Genesis Sedan start at $34k+ for a v6 and a v8 can be had for $44k+. Acura TL starts at $35k+, TSX at $30k+, ES350 at $36k+, GS350 at $45k+. I would also include Infiniti m37 which starts at $47k. All these are in same segment as Genesis but interior wise, its almost same as 7-series.

These(Acura and Lexus) are luxury brands of Honda and Toyota respectively against whom Genesis is pitted. Many people feel that Hyundai should have started a similar luxury brand for Genesis and Equus, but in today's economy it doesn't make sense. So if you notice a Genesis or Equus, both don't have Hyundai written on the models. Instead they are distinguished by the names Genesis and Equus. Its similar to the strategy to be adopted by Bajaj for pulsar, discover brand.

Genesis and Equus have their own logos. Genesis logo is similar to Bentley's and Equus's has one like a flying eagle/falcon. Did i mention Equus comes with an ipad which shows you all details about nearest dealer, reminder of service and many more things. cool isn't it?

The only reason i am aware of this is, my closest friend has one and i have driven more than 500 miles. Its really great to drive or be driven in. He paid $250 extra for the Genesis logo.

Genesis coupe starts at $23k and goes upto $30k. It comes only in v6, but has manual and automatic both. Coupe is pitted against accord coupe, altima coupe, camaro, mustang.

Last edited by chevelle : 30th July 2011 at 08:47.
Old 30th July 2011, 20:45   #43
BHPian

ohh my my; People here are still talking about hyundai making worse cars and no soul, but the fact is that it has become a huge competitor to the corolla's and civic's and with their aggressive marketing style here in US have bagged in a lot of customers.

They are cashing in on their fuel efficient line up giving a 40*mpg with the Sonata, Elantra,Accent here in the US, which not even toyota,honda are boasting of.

As far as the EQUUS ad, when the first time i saw it with an Ipad I was amazed, like Really!! This the ad mentioned here.

Old 31st July 2011, 15:03   #44
BHPian

I've seen 3 Azeras on road in Saudi already. I don't think it's on sale yet though.
It's bigger than the Sonata, and looks very similar to it, till you see the back. It sure is a looker.
Old 17th November 2011, 01:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

Finally the production version of Azera has been launched at LA Auto Show.

Looks stunning as expected since it follows fluidic design. Compliments the car is great interior with excellent features. I would definitely pick this up instead of Toyota Avalon or Buick Lacrosse. Have to test drive one soon.

Just wished they had put in Genesis's 3.8 engine that has 333 hp rather than 293 hp since 3.8 has same EPA mileage but more power.

2012 Hyundai Azera goes Fluidic, gets direct injection power [w/video]
Attached Thumbnails
Stunning 2012 Hyundai Azera caught-azera10.jpg  

Stunning 2012 Hyundai Azera caught-azera11.jpg  

Stunning 2012 Hyundai Azera caught-azera18.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks