Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 13:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: New Skoda YETI concept - anyone interested?

IMHO the current Yeti is struggling because of multiple reasons

1. Size not as SUV
2. Space not as SUV
3. A.S.S of Skoda

So its failing the Price/Size comparison and only folks who are looking at comfort and drivability and are comfortable with Skoda are buying it.

The new one if bigger will possibly address some of the shortcomings that the current one has, although it will open newer shortcomings (I see some folks already aren't liking it)
Old 18th October 2011, 13:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
This definitely looks mean, but why are the fogs so big? And they look hideous and out of place!! But this sure looks bigger than the current one!
My sentiments exactly! The fogs really let down the design. Seems like someone played a cruel prank during one of those office parties just as the design got approved.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:39   #18
BHPian

Well I for one am definitely interested if they can price it somewhere in the vicinity of 15L OTR !

Looks really great IMO - miles ahead of the present gen Yeti.

Cheers.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Indeed, but with changed HLs the fogs are like a sore thumb. In current one they just flow with the design, but in current design they are like yuck, no?
I agree. With the new Yeti, they could have gone in for the square-ish fogs. Like the ones on the Laura or the Superb. The round ones dont gel with the overall look.

I doubt the pricing would be 15L OTR. That might be ex-showroom. That too for the Ambiente version.
What they need for sure is to launch the L&K version, with an Auto tranny. The Yeti not being a true blue off roader, an AT would do great for the urban folks planning on a crossover.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 18th October 2011 at 14:43. Reason: Added text
Old 18th October 2011, 17:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Skoda YETI concept - anyone interested?

The Skoda corporate look has trickled down to the Yeti as well. Now it looks like a proper SUV. Big is definitely better in India. Those oversize fog lamps add character if anything. Does that mean the Yeti 4X2 with the 1.6 diesel motor will be put on hold?
Old 18th October 2011, 19:05   #21
BHPian

Awsome, killer looks and definetely a X1, Q3 killer if priced right. Why Skoda did not think of such a design with the earlier Yeti only and one could see quite a few of them on the road. Anyways Skoda better phase out the existing Yeti and bring in the new Yeti the earliest and make good profit out of the sales by selling volumes and not by overpricing the vehicles.
It can definetely do what the superb has been doing to the 3 series, A4s, C class and even the higher segments such as the E class, 5 series and A6.

Last edited by patil : 18th October 2011 at 19:07.
Old 19th October 2011, 06:45   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

frankly I prefer the existing Yeti - the only debate really is the space inside for luggage, though it will do easily for 2 people.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 07:38   #23
Team-BHP Support

I personally like the current Yeti. The new concept is not bad, but lacks a bit of character compared to the current one. And happy that they plan to retain the fog lamps styling
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 09:46   #24
Team-BHP Support

Wow, the Yeti seems so much better now!

Look-wise, the current Yeti seems slightly awkward, especially at the rear. With the design-to-be, the stance looks impressive.

Any changes in technical specs expected too or just cosmetic?
Old 19th October 2011, 10:17   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
next generation of Yeti .... increase in length by 30 cm, maybe will have third row seats also.
I wonder doubt that a 30cm addition to overall length can translate to a third row of seats. As it is the boot is tiny. Putting seats there and fitting in a boot that is not a tiffin-box will be a struggle.

This type of look loses its quirky nature for sure, and personally, loses it for me. I think quirky was the best part of the Yeti. Looking like this, it could be any of the other pumped up sedan-turned-crossover coming out of the stables of BMW et al.
Old 8th July 2012, 08:51   #26
BHPian

Quote:
This is how the next generation of Yeti is expected to look.To me it is looking bigger and that is because increase in length by 30 cm, maybe will have third row seats also.I like it,what do you all say? Maybe Skoda will launch it at the auto-show at Delhi January next year.thanks to Autobid for the pic.
Looks like its gone on the lines of the VW tiguan, looks more sharper now, hope it makes it into production
Old 8th July 2012, 10:12   #27
BHPian

Gee thank you so much Skoda. Now youve managed to make your Yeti look like all its other cousins and in the process managed to spoil the look that made it so recognisable. You might have as well put an Audi or VW badge on it. :frustrati: Now people will be having so much of difficulty recognising the car. Oh thats why i guess you placed the fogs as an afterthought. Hmm.

The current Yeti has that appeal dont quite know what to term it as so i shall use Capn Slow's statement here. The current yeti "gives me the fizz". But this new fluiduc design is outright obnoxious. You should see the fluidic version of the hyundai tucson. Got a few driving around on the streets of my hometown. Other than the fog lamps theres nothing else different on bot the cars.

Many have commented bigger the better, more stretched. But would politely like to remind you all its supposed to be an urban crossover and not exactly a big butch SUV. We have the macho fortuner for that. The size of the Yeti is what makes it friendly for city commutes and easier to park and maneuver. The bigger the size gets its only going to make it difficult to drive in the city everyday and then people will then ditch it for its size. Im sure when this new model comes and if its sized any bigger people will say oh its too big and its a Skoda so lets opt for something else.
I may get pelted with stones for this but i love the current yeti more than the new fluidic one.

Regards.
Old 8th July 2012, 10:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

This Yeti looks like a cross between the current one and the VW Polo! The current Yeti looks okay except for the headlights and Fog Lamps which could be the same as that of the Laura or Superb. I guess Skoda gave those round fog lamps so that owners could upgrade them so that they may double as off-roading or long distance lights.
Old 8th July 2012, 10:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Mods please delete this post as it was done by mistake because my previous post somehow did not show up initially.

Last edited by nitinbose : 8th July 2012 at 10:55.
Old 8th July 2012, 13:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is how the next generation of Yeti is expected to look.To me it is looking bigger and that is because increase in length by 30 cm, maybe will have third row seats also.I like it,what do you all say? Maybe Skoda will launch it at the auto-show at Delhi January next year.thanks to Autobid for the pic.
Is there a source for this news!?

To me it looks like a clever photoshop of the Ford Kuga!
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks