Team-BHP - Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/166696-top-gear-trio-returns-grand-tour-amazon-prime-23.html)

An important message from the presenters :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e5F8cA6kyY

Courtesy - YouTube

Good news!

The Grand Tour Has Been Renewed For Season 4.

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-screenshot_42.jpg

Quote:

Instead of doing traditional reviews and studio segments, upcoming seasons of The Grand Tour will reportedly consist of at least four specials per year for the next two years. In essence, after season 3, the show will revolve around a handful of “big budget specials” rather than ten or so hour long episodes.

Clarkson said “It’s a really sad day. I will miss the banter with each other and with the audience.” However, he acknowledged things need to change as “we’ve been doing that show for effectively 17 years — sitting around in studios, watching cars race around the track.”

Upcoming seasons are expected to focus on long road trips which are among the most popular with audiences. That’s a pretty big change, but Clarkson said “There are only so many times you can watch a BMW go round the track — what more can you say? It’s got four wheels and a seat.” He also joked “I’m 58 and I’m too fat to be climbing on to the stage.”

Source - Carscoop

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4500882)
Guess we have the dates.

Christmas special - 21st Dec
1st episode - 18th Jan

Looks like this will be the confirmed date as listed on IMDB since it's owned by Amazon.

Yes.18th January is confirmed date for Season -3. Same is published at Amazon Prime.

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-untitled.jpg

And the next marketing video for Season 3 is out :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxvEfOyIkUw

Cheers

The boys are back! And how! Woohoo!!

Just finished watching episode 1 and it's joyous and wonderful. clap:
Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-img_20190118_083656913.jpg

Looks like we are in for a treat for the next 13 weeks! Oh yeah! :D

Colombia special to be aired back to back on 25th and 26th Jan

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-screenshot_1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4512274)
The Grand Tour Has Been Renewed For Season 4.

I had somehow missed this one - And that is really a sad development! :mad: My favorite section of Top Gear was the news and that of Grand Tour is Conversation Street obviously.

I absolutely love the banter in there and also always curious to know what they boys have to say about a new car or development in the market. I have always felt they should drop that drab celebrity section altogether and devote more time for this in-studio banter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4532893)
Colombia special to be aired back to back on 25th and 26th Jan

So, we don't have to wait a whole week to catch Part II. God bless these good souls! But then 13 weeks just became 12. Oh no!!

I found the Detroit one a bit tedious. It was too long. The Senna coverage was good

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 4532944)
I absolutely love the banter in there and also always curious to know what they boys have to say about a new car or development in the market. I have always felt they should drop that drab celebrity section altogether and devote more time for this in-studio banter.
!

You said it! That's what made them special and enjoyable - The banter. Will definitely miss their wild comments and of course Clarkson's 911 comments and his reaction to May's "Good News" line :D.

The Grand Tour Season 3 episode two, part-1 and part-2 out!!

Just watched episode 1 of The Grand Tour, these 3 guys are just amazing. Jeremy Clarkson is still the best (best job in the world). So much entertaining than Top Gear. Icing on cake was McLaren Senna, destroyed the lap record by 4 seconds. Lets see which is more entertaining, The Grand Tour or Top Gear Season 26.

Just completed the Columbia Specials over the weekend and Boy-oh-Boy! What a treat! It's what we all were yearning for - the boys are back in their prime for an amazing special. Amazing scenery, amazing cinematography and to add to it, the buffoonery of the trio just makes it the perfect special. Reminds me of the Top Gear days and for once, I forgot that this was the Amazon offering! I'm already planning for a repeat watch!

Great that they are getting renewed, I still believe they are the best in this format. However, its sad that in-studio talk is getting cancelled. I agree that specials are memorable and what people like, heck I have re-watched all the specials atleast a dozen times. But the in-studio banter and audience interaction had its charm. Hope they don't reduce it to individual short films stitched together.

The Grand Tour: McLaren Senna | Thruxton Racetrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37q2Ju5nr0

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeevan007 (Post 4534252)
The Grand Tour Season 3 episode two, part-1 and part-2 out!!

Watched all three episodes of season3. It was brilliant viewing. These old school boys with their humour and keen eyes for details are still some of the bests in their job. It's good that they got rid of boring celebrity interview segments. Revving around in the motor city of Detroit in muscle cars, noise challenge in an old theatre and McLaren Senna breaking the lap record by 4 seconds were the highlights of episode 1.

They started their Special in just the second episode of new season. And boy oh boy, the Colombia special was stunningclap:. Colombia looks absolutely stunning with its sheer diversity of the landscape. Just for a moment, you could imagine that you were on the same trip with your best mates doing absurd stuff. It was surprising to know that Pablo Escobar's Hippopotamus are still in Colombia and breeding.