Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2006, 11:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

This is roughly what it may look like ....(from Ajmat's link )

Last edited by maxbhp : 29th September 2006 at 11:08.
Old 29th September 2006, 11:16   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Finally a new sedan that is not particularly quirky! On the whole, an extremely balanced and proportionate design. The bumper dams are the only design feature that I find weird but then, the bumper is the easiest to change or upgrade.

If only the Mondeo came with RWD....
Old 29th September 2006, 11:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Fresh face??? Looks like the designer took a few Hondas and spat them on the drawing board.

Headlights look like the ones on the type 2 NHC. Front grill is straight out of the OHC design and whats with the trianguler vents dude??? They look like the exhausts of the Euro Civic.

And to make things worse, the front design looks more like an MPV...than a sporty sedan.

It'l be a good car but, the styling is a bit desperate, IMHO.

Shan2nu
Hey Shan2nu, no offense meant but is there a button that makes you take off at anything that carries "Ford" on it? I mean, there is life beyond Honda you know....... Seems like a pretty decent design to me but that's my opinion only & you're entitled to yours as well

Last edited by suman : 29th September 2006 at 11:29.
Old 29th September 2006, 11:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Take a look here as well although it is the Wagon version:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/28/p...-mondeo-wagon/
Old 29th September 2006, 12:05   #20
BHPian

it surely looks good to me except the headlights which have been straightly taken from the NHC.
Old 29th September 2006, 12:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

From Ajmat's link it seems to have shades of Lexus's current styling especially the headlights, shoulder line & c-pillar shape. But I think it should be interesting to watch how this car does in the market.

Despite being a very accomplished car the old Mondeo had seen its market share hugely eroded as customers chose to pay a little more & move to the 3-series class. Let's see if this car can regain some of the lost marketshare.

And I think the styling's not too bad & remember some of the stuff like the triangular vents etc. was introduced first on the Ford S-Max MPV concept before the Civic came along.
Old 29th September 2006, 13:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Finally a new sedan that is not particularly quirky!
Fully agree with this statement.

The current crop of sedans that we have been getting have everything (well, almost everything), but good looks. This Mondeo has it. Man, it looks good.

Am no Ford fan and will most probably never buy one (unless Honda / Suzuki close shop), but have to give credit where it is due. This is a stunner.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 29th September 2006 at 13:46.
Old 29th September 2006, 14:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Shan2nu, no offense meant but is there a button that makes you take off at anything that carries "Ford" on it? I mean, there is life beyond Honda you know....... Seems like a pretty decent design to me but that's my opinion only & you're entitled to yours as well
Everybody has a button, you just need someone to push it. Ford did it this time, God knows who might be next. LOL

Like you said, everyone is entitled to his own opinion. And what i said was what i felt about it.

Shan2nu
Old 29th September 2006, 15:20   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Everybody has a button, you just need someone to push it. Ford did it this time, God knows who might be next. LOL

Like you said, everyone is entitled to his own opinion. And what i said was what i felt about it.

Shan2nu

Note from Mod - Lets not have anything more beyond Shan2nu's resposne and keep discussion to he Mondy
Old 29th September 2006, 15:30   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
New Ford Mondeo

As Ford pulled the wraps off the eagerly anticipated new Mondeo, we were there to see it first

By Sam Hardy
27th September 2006
Fresh face
Smooth nose of new Mondeo incorporates triangular styling touches and Ford’s corporate three-bar grille. LCD tail-lights, roof spoiler and smart alloys help to provide a racy look

Note from mod - for copyright reasons, please do not reproduce entire article - provide the link and people can go there

The car makes its public debut at the Paris Motor Show this week, and heralds the dawn of a new era for the hard-pressed firm
Boasting sporty looks, lots of luxurious equipment and a high-quality interior, the revised Mon­deo is Ford's best hope of attracting customers back to the sector

Read on over<A href="http://URL="http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/202919/new_ford_mondeo.html#" target=_blank>[/URL"] here
Looks gorgeous. Resembles an Aston Martin, if I do say so myself.
Old 29th September 2006, 16:19   #26
BHPian

the side profile of the mondy really makes it look like the new Lexus IS, which is a rocking design... i guess in person this car will look better than in pics... i second GTO on wishing it was RWD !
Old 29th September 2006, 23:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

So when is this 'new Mondeo' coming to India ??
Old 29th September 2006, 23:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Looks pretty aggressive...but whats up with those triangular vents??? They look damn weird!!!
Old 29th September 2006, 23:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

wow...looks gr8 for us...but do u really think we(indians) going to put our money on such a funny looking thing...i wouldnt....looks gr8...but wont sell in numbers in india
Old 30th September 2006, 23:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised to see one thing , Mondeo really enjoys a cult status like Evo , Coz when I had posted news on Subaru , people hardly responded.....hmmm...I thing mondeo needs to re consider their car for the market...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks