Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 08:59   #31
BHPian

Re: 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi_chd View Post
For those who don't care/don't like the new design, now is a really good time to pick up yours.

I bought mine less than a week ago and god handsome discounts on the Octavia 2.0 TDi Manual Transmission.
Congrats on a fab buy!

Can you please share with the us the quantum of discounts you received... Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

May be its just me, but I think present gen Octavia (face lifted version included) is the most plain jane / confused looking Octavia ever. I have always left the best Octavia was the E60 inspired facelifted Laura/Octavia.

Having said that, I feel the new facelifted version looks better in the estate rather than the sedan.

Lets see how it rolls!
Old 5th November 2016, 19:43   #33
BHPian

Skoda has release more images of interiors of the 2017 Octavia. So the new interiors now have a new instrument panel, new upholstery, ambient lighting, heated steering, customisable key, updated infotainment system and LED torch in boot.

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-octavia_4.jpg

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-octavia_5.jpg

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-octavia_6.jpg

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-octavia_7.jpg

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-octavia_8.jpg

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-octavia_9.jpg

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/11/2...details-246925
vikramk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 23:34   #34
BHPian

The updated Octavia now features on Skoda's Czech website with availability by the end of the year. Here's a video of the interiors that also includes the top of the line L&K variant.

It remains to be seen of the L&K will make it to India when the face lift finds its way here.
vikramk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 10:19   #35
Team-BHP Support

The vRS facelift revealed. IMO, the all-black grille makes the face looks a lot more pleasant compared to the standard car.

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-octavia_vrs_hatch_front.jpg

Source : Autocar UK
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 09:58   #36
BHPian

Love it! I can't wait to get one. Looks like the launch will be around Nov-17 which might be a bit late. With the Kodiak also launching before that,Skoda sure it's going to have a crucial year.
Old 11th January 2017, 07:30   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

The Skoda Octavia facelift has received its proper premiere at an event organized in Vienna, Austria.

Quote:
Although it’s only a facelift, the refreshed Octavia is actually a few millimeters longer than before. In addition, the width of the rear track has increased by 20 or 30 mm, depending on version. For example, the RS’ rear track is now 30 mm wider than before.

Skoda is axing the optional bi-xenon + LED daytime running lights of the “old” Octavia’s headlights to make way for a full-LED setup. At the back, the mildly updated taillights are going to be offered in two versions. Although Skoda doesn’t go into any details, in the online configurator there is a “top LED” option, which likely refers to an all-LED setup.
Quote:
As for power, Skoda is selling the regular Octavia with a total of four TSI and four TDI engines, while a CNG variant is also available. With one exception, the units have been essentially carried over and vary in output from 86 hp (63 kW) to 184 hp (135 kW). The exception we’re talking about is the 150-hp 2.0 TDI that from now on will be available with a seven-speed, dual-clutch gearbox on the all-wheel-drive Octavia, such as the aforementioned Scout. It’s actually the first time when an AWD-equipped Octavia gets a seven-speed DSG.
The 2017 Skoda Octavia facelift is already available in most European countries, with deliveries to begin in the next couple of months.
2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-11.jpg
2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-12.jpg
2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-2017skodaoctaviafaceliftm7iug2in.jpg
2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-13.jpg
2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-15.jpg
2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-16.jpg

Skoda_Octv

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th January 2017 at 07:31.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 18:57   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 Skoda Octavia facelift production begins,
Link

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-2017skodaoctaviafacelifts1zntaur.jpg

Quote:
Skoda’s core model has entered series production in the facelifted guise at the company’s main plant in Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic. The heavily modified Octavia will also be produced as usual at the factories in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Russia, and India, as well as at VW Group’s new factory in Algeria from later this year

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th February 2017 at 19:00.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 15:14   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda 2017 Octavia (facelift) review

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-_dsc0438.jpg

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-11.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 21:04   #40
BHPian

Spoke to my Skoda sales exec today and he informed that they are not taking any bookings for the 2017 Octy for another 2 months at least, if not later. The only Octy available is the 2016 manufactured one with about 1 L of discounts.
Interestingly, he also mentioned that the Kodiaq will be launched around Diwali and will be around the 40-45L bracket.
Old 10th February 2017, 16:24   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Octavia to get another update later in 2017 . A new petrol engine.

The Skoda Octavia will get the VW Group's new 1.5-litre petrol engine later in 2017, first seen in the updated VW Golf.

Quote:
In the Golf, the new engine produces 148bhp, although a 129bhp version could make its way into the Skoda as well as the VW in the future. The more powerful unit has cylinder deactivation tech to save fuel, and the less powerful 'eco' version can turn itself off completely and coast to save even more fuel.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th February 2017 at 16:25.
Old 18th February 2017, 12:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

I checked the pricelist for the new Octavia here in Finland, and they are quite similar to those of the pre-facelift version.

I tried to configure the new facelift Octavia Style 1.6 TDI DSG with the same options as my 2-year old Octavia Elegance 1.6 TDI DSG and it actually works out to be chepaer with some feature additions (LED lights, Drive Mode selection, heated steering wheel). Some options I chose the are now part of standard equipment. Now I'm thinking of replacing my pre-facelift Octavia with the new one when my lease runs out next year.
Old 6th April 2017, 18:09   #43
BHPian

Re: 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled : SPOTTED IN INDIA

Spotted THREE non-camouflaged face lifted Octavia on the NICE corridor near Bannerghatta road exit. Could not click pictures as I was driving and the Octys were in the opposite direction. The headlights design brings you memories of a W-212 E-class and the rear looks more or less similar to the outgoing model. I think the India launch is around the corner as the cars were not camouflaged.
aravind511 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 14:51   #44
BHPian

Re: 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled : SPOTTED IN INDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind511 View Post
I think the India launch is around the corner as the cars were not camouflaged.
Amen to that Brother. There has been a marked lack of news from Skoda about the 2017 Octavia launch in India. I wonder why?
Does anybody have any info to share?
DJ
Old 13th April 2017, 12:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Skoda Octavia facelift to launch in India in Q3 2017

Thanks to Shahbaz Patel for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Skoda is reportedly planning to launch the Octavia facelift in India in the third quarter of this year. The launch will most likely take place in the month of July, while training for the dealer staff will commence in June. The manufacturer hasn't made an official announcement about the same yet.

As per the information available, Skoda has already stopped production of the current, pre-facelift model of the Octavia at its Aurangabad facility. Presently, only 3 variants are in stock with majority of the Skoda dealerships across the country. These include the 1.4 TSI Ambition, 1.8 TSI Ambition Plus and the 2.0 TDI Style Plus. The updated dealer price list from Skoda also includes only these select variants. Additionally, the Octavia Onyx edition that was introduced in February this year is also available, and is being sold at no additional premium over the standard model.

Skoda had globally unveiled the Octavia facelift in October last year. The International-spec model gets some significant styling changes, especially at the front. The headlamps feature a split design and come with LED technology. The front bumper has been tweaked to house a larger air dam and revised fog lamps. The side and rear profile remains largely unchanged, save for a new set of alloys and redesigned tail light cluster.

The interiors are expected to get a new instrument cluster with an updated multi-information display. The infotainment system will also be a new 9.2-inch touchscreen unit that supports navigation and Skoda's new connect technologies. It remains to be seen what all features from the international-spec models are brought into the country.

Since it will only be a mid-life facelift, the Octavia is expected to carry on with the existing set of powertrains - 1.4 TSI petrol with a 6-speed MT, 1.8 TSI petrol with a 7-speed DSG and 2.0 TDI diesel with a 6-speed AT.

2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift unveiled-octavia.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 13th April 2017 at 12:40.
dZired is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks