Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 15:32   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Honda Civic spied

I loved the looks. Unlike the Koreans, the Japanese (Suzuki included) are moving more to cleaner straight lines in their designs & I like these understated looks. The car has a very immediate VAG/BMW vibe to it in the side & rear 3/4 profiles. In a good way. The Coupe-ish / GT like notch-back is also quite smooth. Although the rear quarter glass integration & kink is a bit awkward.

That said - Honda IMO needs to work on how they "end" the cars. The front especially tends to be a bit confused off late. I have similar thoughts about current Civic & City also. And the front overhang also tends to be a bit too long IMO. Of course I don't know if its a problem - but in my mind it just doesn't look good with the wheelbase proportions & makes me feel the front bumper will scrape here and there on ramps / Indie-speed breakers.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:37   #47
BHPian

Is it just me or does anyone else also feel that the front is similar to the first-gen City, except for the DRLs?

Overall, I like the design, however, the current Civic is just 'WOW'! Everytime I happen to spot one, I stop and take a peaceful glance, it is just so pretty!!!
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 16:34   #48
BHPian

What a colour to showcase an executive sedan. I like the current generation's look more than this. Only problem with the current gen is no MT in petrol. The interior is also looking plain jane. May be my perception will change when I see it in flesh though. Whether this will come to India or not, only time will tell. I think Civic is doing okay in D1 segment and Honda should keep the model alive in India. Now that Corolla is gone, only Civic and upcoming Octavia are the two cars we have in the segment leaving aside the not so successful Elantra. Even though this segment is small, Skoda's bad reputation will give numbers to Honda for sure.
Old 18th November 2020, 21:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only one to notice tesla inspired rear lights?

To my eyes the design looks neat and timeless, but on out roads, that front overhang will be an headache.
Old 18th November 2020, 23:28   #50
BHPian

Clean, ageless design this one amongst plethora of weird creases, disproportionate grills and quirky lights/derrière! I wish Honda plonks a modern turbo petrol in it.

Last edited by Zinda : 18th November 2020 at 23:31.
Old 19th November 2020, 10:13   #51
anb
BHPian

Inspired from Audi ?
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Honda Civic spied-9a96e869e97443df906d345495ac5ade.jpeg  

anb is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 10:23   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else also feel that the front is similar to the first-gen City, except for the DRLs?
I felt the same thing too. It was the first thing that struck me when I saw the front.

I love the design, but it just does not go well with the 'Civic' name for me. This looks like a big luxury sedan more than a fast, fun car. The current-gen Civic lives up to its name so much more than this one in the looks department. I hope this new Civic will nail it with the powertrains to compensate.
francisvellara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 11:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Clearly a BMW design language here. Hope BMW don't sue them for this.

I liked car though, looks much more modern & upmarket now. They should price it below 20 Lacs on road in India else difficult to survive in this SUV market. Hope they won't price it like BMW because it looks like one
Old 19th November 2020, 11:57   #54
BHPian

Extremely disappointing. This is too polite and bland a design to be worthy of the CIVIC badge! Although it is now easily identifiable as a sibling to the Amaze, City and Accord, the Civic was always the outstanding funky chap in the fam.
Blessing in disguise for the current gen owners, the value will hold when it's time to sell.
Old 19th November 2020, 12:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Honda decided to go European(so Bland). No wonder we are seeing comparisons with the Germans. Current Civic design looks way more aggressive. I doubt if this will make it to India !!
Old 19th November 2020, 13:36   #56
BHPian

Civic, for me, always had the WOW factor in its design. This prototype just doesn't have that anymore. The current civic looks better than this from all the angles.
These sobered down looks might suit the city more than the civic, considering their design histories.
Old 19th November 2020, 13:37   #57
BHPian

This looks subtle and neat. I am not complaining but Honda should have retained the same sporty looking treatment for CIVIC. The current gen is clearly a looker and the best in segment.

For the neat and clean design language you have the Honda Accord with it, play with that HONDA!

Still far far better than the ugly looking disastrous designs of Hyundai's and BMWs. Even Toyota is trying their best to become ugly.

Last edited by kamilharis : 19th November 2020 at 13:48.
Old 19th November 2020, 14:52   #58
BHPian

As a Civic owner I am not impressed with the new styling. The fact is the current 10th Gen too has people's opinions divided. You either love the design or you hate it.

guess what - I predict all who love the current design will hate the new design and those who hate the current will love this new one.
Old 19th November 2020, 17:14   #59
BHPian

I don't like the new gen Civic at all and it's too generic and bland. I love the character in the current 10th gen's design especially the front.
Signing off with a picture I enthusiastically took in a parking lot of the 10 th gen Civics.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Honda Civic spied-img_20190905_073128082_burst000_cover_top3.jpg  

Hemi6.2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 17:32   #60
BHPian

What's wrong with design team at Honda?

IMO the new nomenclature from Honda should be kept simple as follows:
Amaze < Big Amaze (City) < Even Bigger Amaze (Civic)
SportsMedicine is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks