Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 14:02   #46
BHPian

As far as JC is concerned he writes far more offensive things in his books. few years back he wrote on the driving conditions in India that with the level of driving there India can never produce a F1 driver......and he was proven wrong

As they say he always plays for the galleries in his show. I also remember seeing a show where he apparently had no reasons to rubbish a Skoda where he said teh only negative point is that it is a Skoda. Now what kind of moronic statement is that ?

So the best that can be done is to ignore what he says. Like somebody pointed earlier in this thread the show is no doubt entertaining. It really sets the standards for any auto show, may not be essentially in political correctness though

Also Brit humour sometimes is hard to understand for people from other cultures as it transcends the language boundary and sometimes borders on to racism (often is the case especially when coupled with copious intake of intoxicants)

Who knows may be ministers in Malaysia may also be like the ones we find here, hungry for any publicity...

cheers
Bullfrog
Old 11th April 2007, 14:03   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
U must watch "TopGear goes to America" episode (available on Youtube). The entire crew almost got lynched in Alabama or some place, after they drove thru the state with signs like "Yankees suck" and "Hillary for President" painted on their cars ..Man.. It was hilarious .. As usual, Mr Slow's car refuses to start, when the locals start pelting stones!!
not sure of the Yankee suck part but they had very pro Gay slogans on it. They were really asking fro it
Old 11th April 2007, 14:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
U must watch "TopGear goes to America" episode (available on Youtube)....
Thats got to be one of THE best TV programs aired, ever.
"How much murdering happens here?".... and on CB radios "Murderer to brokeback...".
Who cares about his remarks when he dishes out episodes like this??
Old 11th April 2007, 14:12   #49
BHPian

Unlike we people ( orienters) they speak whatever they want to speak, do whatever they want to do. Thus they are able able to achieve feets that we cant, which makes them creative. And that enables them to be the best in what they do.

We still follow the 'sir sir sir' culture here. And we are not tolerant to hear what others have to say.

What clarkson tells is what makes him clarkson, otherwise he is one among us. Just take an example of our car reviewers in ndtv, cnbc and all other indian channels. Does they ever make any comment on cons of the vehicles they test, neither the indian magazines, they seldom speak the truth.

That kind of unjust decency have crept into our system not just in auto world . We need people who dares to open up their mind .

Last edited by swathyd : 11th April 2007 at 14:15. Reason: grammatical mistake
Old 11th April 2007, 14:36   #50
Team-BHP Support

The slogans read, "Country and Western is Rubbish", "Nascar Sucks", "I'm Bi", "Hillary for President" and "Man Love Rules OK". That episode is really funny.
Two episodes before, he called Jade Goody a racist.
Old 11th April 2007, 15:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
This guys a stuck up, pompous, self opinionated twit.
Fully second you on that.
Old 11th April 2007, 15:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
not sure of the Yankee suck part but they had very pro Gay slogans on it. They were really asking fro it
yup.. I made that up . The episode also had some poignant moments.. when he goes to New Orleans and asks how can the rest of America sleep when nothing has been done even 1 year after the disaster.

Come on guys, JC has also made nasty comments about his own PM, Tony Blair. And he hasnt spared the PM's wife as well in his columns (comments about the size of her mouth ).

Personally, I cant get enough of JC.. I read all his newspaper columns and watch TG as well.
Old 11th April 2007, 16:09   #53
BHPian

I agree he's a stuck up, pompous twit but IMHO he's eminently more watchable than some of our auto journalists - sumantra baruah always seems lost for words to articulate his feelings, while siddharth patankar's tone borders on disinterest... the quality of indian auto shows are far inferior to top gear, fifth gear et al.
Old 11th April 2007, 17:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

off topic : since everyone is talking about top gear episode is would 'proudly' like to say i have all the seasons, season I to season 9 on DVDs. .
Old 12th April 2007, 21:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

:offtopic

Happy 47th Birthday JC! .

Last edited by sajo : 12th April 2007 at 21:18.
Old 12th April 2007, 21:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

JC will always be JC. The way he acts, reacts, writes and mouths off makes him (and TopGear) what he is. And because he is JC, he gets away with it!
Old 13th April 2007, 03:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
off topic : since everyone is talking about top gear episode is would 'proudly' like to say i have all the seasons, season I to season 9 on DVDs. .
Nice collection. Where did you buy it from? Is the audio 5.1 on those DVDs?
Old 13th April 2007, 12:04   #58
BHPian

JC is hilarious......racist, maybe but still hilarious

I remember watching a in which JC looks at the camera and says, "So stick that in your exhaust outlet, Mr. Kawasaki."

I also remember reading, on Wikipedia, about the trouble JC and BBC got into with the authorities with JC's racist remarks. I think he called Koreans 'people who eat dog meat' or something like that.

But seriously people, if you were to keep all the political and religious aspects of JC's satire out of the picture and concentrate only on the humour, he is quite a funny guy.
Old 27th May 2007, 13:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

Umm...it has happened (yet) again. This time time, its their media watchdog Ofcom. He called the Daihatsu pictured below "a bit gay".

Here is the link.

But imagine watching a totally politically correct Top Gear (Top Gayer, as one commentator in the above article has put it. ).
Old 27th May 2007, 13:24   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Umm...it has happened (yet) again. This time time, its their media watchdog Ofcom. He called the Daihatsu pictured below "a bit gay".

Here is the link.

But imagine watching a totally politically correct Top Gear (Top Gayer, as one commentator in the above article has put it. ).
Oh god!! the daihatsu Copen!!

I completely agree with JC on this one!! The come in PINK as well!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks