Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2005, 23:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

errrr Vulken...does that even count as a supercar? (HOHOHO im in splits!)
Old 13th February 2005, 06:04   #32
BHPian

has to be the f50...one fast ugly supercar.......[]

Last edited by balenopower : 13th February 2005 at 06:05.
Old 13th February 2005, 12:02   #33
BHPian

ye Shan2nu,during the days of Countach,Supercars were popular pin-ups on kids' bedroom walls & the Cuontach was what they wld think of,cause it looked so good & even 2day it still stays there.But after watching a whole episode of Top gear on Lambos,feel the Countach was js built to look good or u cld say a kids favourite car.
Old 13th February 2005, 12:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
errrr Vulken...does that even count as a supercar? (HOHOHO im in splits!)
lol ...good one autopsyche
Old 13th February 2005, 12:30   #35
BHPian

for me any supercar wld do,as long as i get to fell what 170+mph is

Last edited by turbolader : 13th February 2005 at 12:44.
Old 13th February 2005, 12:42   #36
BHPian

Rtec-the 959 was way advanced for its days,its laws-of-physics cheating body,the 4-wheel drive, twin-turbocharged engine, and 6-speed transmission are German wonders that are still unmatched by many.If not aggressive,it looked like a tamed beast,which when pushed to its handling limits in the higher rev range, one begins to understand what it is that distinguishes the 959 frm the rest.
Its hard to believe that the 959 was created 15 yrs ago,& for its days it was a true supercar.
Old 14th February 2005, 19:11   #37

howd u like to compare ur car to the ford model T ,thats the difference between cars which roamed this planet and the countach when it was released.Thats one of the reasons it got its stardom the other beeing the looks yes ET would have been at home in it . it was the fastest production car for its first 5 years on this planet.nothing could beat it in a straight line,goin around corners at high speeds wasint on the books when thy made it thy just wanted a car that was impossible to digest.
Old 14th February 2005, 19:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Most Hated...
1:Ferrari Enzo
2:Porsche Cayenne (ok ok.. not a supercar)
3:Mercedes SLR
Old 14th February 2005, 23:31   #39
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

i wudnt consider the SLR as a supercar for the simple reason that its a V8. The SL65 AMG costs less and produces more power than the SLR. It also has 4 more pots than the SLR.
Old 14th February 2005, 23:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
That's exactly what i meant. The Countach was never made for great drivers. It was made for all those kids with Countach posters in their rooms.

The Countach was never a complete supercar. You'll enjoy it the best, as long as you don't sit behind the wheel.

Look at the NSX and the Elise, nobody has posters of the them in their rooms. They're too plain looking to be called supercars, but they are supercars.

Shan2nu
The fact that we today in 2005 era are still talking bout Lambo Countach which is almost 3 decades old I think is a testimony to it being the most appreciated supercar of times till now...Frankly how many 30year old cars do we discuss about today?? Talking bout sticking posters on walls as kids, well Im sure I took me 20yrs after the car was featured first and realise that it still endures contention with brand new production cars n it still does to me and I think that deserved a poster on my wall atleast...Im sure I did justice to it. And moreover its only an achiever who falls prey to a critic...others simply get away easy!!!
Old 14th February 2005, 23:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

U know what the big problem is. The fact is that none of us really know what a supercar is.

Some talk about handling, some talk about design, some talk about out of the world styling, some say so many cylinders required, some say so much power required.

So what is a supercar?

If a supercar is something that looks radical, only accelerates in a straight line, is very tough to handle and has an engine not less than 12 cylinders, then whats super about it? A top fuel dragster can do much better.

Shan2nu
Old 15th February 2005, 07:37   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
i wudnt consider the SLR as a supercar for the simple reason that its a V8.
so..., what about the ferrari f40? not a supercar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
The SL65 AMG costs less and produces more power than the SLR. It also has 4 more pots than the SLR.
the sl65 has more power than the slr, but its more of a autobahn cruiser... comparing the two, the overall performance is for the slr!!
Old 15th February 2005, 17:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Usually a Supercar is that car from a car company which is at the extreme apex of the automobile mountain. The Costliest, fastest car from a company. Wat engine it has doesnt really matter!!
Old 15th February 2005, 18:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

For me the most hated supercar is the Merc SLR.
Old 15th February 2005, 19:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Costliest, fastest car from a company. Wat engine it has doesnt really matter!!
So the F40 is no longer a supercar? Bcoz the Enzo is the fastest and the most expensive Ferrari, as of today.

I don't think that's the right way to judge a supercar, bcoz companies are gonna make cars, year after year.

What if a company's fastest car has no more than 150bhp and can't even break the 200kmph barrier, will that be called a supercar too? Just bcoz it's the fastest, most expensive car produced by that company?

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks